Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• 5 loan players. 1 out injured for the season, 3 missing large chunks of it through injury, while the 5th is recalled. 
  • Bubble said:
    Talksport

” He felt like he was leaving Charlton at the time when they needed him most. He was enjoying his football, there.”
    Who said/reported that Bubble? I missed it
  • Must admit I winced right at the end of Matt Southall's press conference. 

Bowyer speaking of Gallagher said 'At the moment in an ideal world he would have a little rest, but we can't do that with him at the moment'.  I just wished that that presser had ended a couple of minutes sooner.

I recall Klopp not allowing Gomez to go on loan after his injury.  He was of the opinion that other clubs would over use him, possibly jeopardise Joe's career and get what they could out of him with scant regard for the player himself or Liverpool football club. 
    That's exactly my take on it too. 

I'm gutted, and I don't like Chelsea generally, but something has spooked them about his situation in the last few weeks. If they send people to the training ground regularly to check on him, they will have known exactly what's going on. They didn't need to hear Bow's comments. 

If he was your "asset" wouldn't you be worried too? Look at that the way Bonne's idiot agent reacted (giving away in the process that agents think players are their assets).
  • Bubble said:
    Talksport

” He felt like he was leaving Charlton at the time when they needed him most. He was enjoying his football, there.”
    Who said/reported that Bubble? I missed it
    @seangallagherTS on twitter mate - thread on his timeline 
  • edited January 2020
    I dont think Lee saw it coming  before last week but the handshake with Conor in front of the covered end  after the match on Saturday suggests that he knew. Of course they didn't want to say anything  ahead of time but the  timing of the announcement of the Madison  talks (not yet a done deal)  on Monday suggests that they wanted to get some good news out before we all discovered that Conor was back training with Chelsea today. 

Very sorry to see him go and glad that we helped with his development but will be very annoyed with Chelsea if he is loaned to a champonship side and plays against us this season even more so if, as being rumoured, he will be loaned to the occupants of the former Bricklayers arms marshalling yard.
  • Bubble said:

Cheers. Dont know this Sean Gallagher. No relation is it?
  • Gutted about this. Pressure is really on to bring in quality to replace him.
  • Sponsored links:

• At least when we sign Marcus Maddison we can sing the same song as Conor’s, just a simple name change. 
  • At least we know we arent loaded then...... if so we would have matched Swansea's offer.
  • Proper wrecked my Charlton calendar this has
    one of the first things a saw after the announcement was "well that's March fucked!"
  • At least we know we arent loaded then...... if so we would have matched Swansea's offer.
    But the deal with paying his wages plus a big loan fee could easily come to £1M (guess).
    We may have thought we'd rather buy our own player than spend £1M on someone else's.
    If so that would make sense to me.
    Beat you to it mate 😁😁
    But the deal with paying his wages plus a big loan fee could easily come to £1M (guess).
    We may have thought we'd rather buy our own player than spend £1M on someone else's.
    Beat you to it mate 😁😁
    Dead heat mate, luck of the ether, so I've given you both a like 😉.
  • edited January 2020

Our new badge?

Expected some changes but...

Radical!
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    I'm fascinated by the Why in this whole thing, why have Chelsea done this and what's triggered this, other then a possible lump of cash from Swansea or West Brom 
    I don’t think it is cash related.  My guess is that they wanted him to play on an attacking creative side for his development - not a side fighting relegation where it is more about defense and scrapping attacking opportunities when possible due to the injury situation
  • As disappointing as this news is, I've dished out more LOLs on this thread than any other.
    Good to see some humour back on here.
    'For all your ills, I give you laughter'.
  • As Golfie Jnr just said......you get resigned to losing your own players in January, but you'd think you'd be safe with loan players ffs...!!
    That's mah boy! ;)
  • RedChaser said:
    At least we know we arent loaded then...... if so we would have matched Swansea's offer.
    Beat you to it mate 😁😁
    Dead heat mate, luck of the ether, so I've given you both a like 😉.
    Given you one 2.
    See you at Preston 
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    I don't know why some fans think Chelsea recalled Gallagher with no warning.
    Ok they might have.
    What is also possible is they told us a couple of weeks ago that it was being considered.
    I definitely thought Bowyer and Gallen saying we hadn't had a recall call from them as yet, wasn't totally convincing.
    It was always only a phone call away.
    Nope. Gallen said he’d read all the reports of a recall but Chelsea were happy. 
    As @WhenIwasLittleBoy says; could well be that Connor fancied a crack at the Premiership with Norwich/Burnley. 
    We don’t know the full picture but something is off. 

Yes and we also said they can recall him in January but we hadn't had a phone call yet.
    The possibility was definitely there, because we made a point of saying it on more than one occasion.
    Hmmm. I don’t remember anyone saying ‘we hadn’t had a phone call yet’?

Bowyer said CG would be getting a well earned rest as players came back from injury, suggesting he was planning for Gallagher to be part of his plans. 

I thought It was said a couple of times.
    Sage also made a similar comment as me and he's never/rarely wrong.
    Bowyer: ‘I’m disappointed. I didn’t see this coming if I’m honest which makes it harder to take.’
    It's just my opinion I may be wrong.
    I put a link to the press conference on here at 2.27pm.
    Like I said, what Bowyer and Gallen said and what they may have been told could be different.
    Have a listen to it and see if you feel they came across as 100% confident & happy he was staying. 32m 30 secs.
    I think they suspected the worse and were hoping for the best.
    Looked like it was a plea, trying to sell the idea to Chelsea
  • Rothko said:
    I'm fascinated by the Why in this whole thing, why have Chelsea done this and what's triggered this, other then a possible lump of cash from Swansea or West Brom 
    I don’t think it is cash related.  My guess is that they wanted him to play on an attacking creative side for his development - not a side fighting relegation where it is more about defense and scrapping attacking opportunities when possible due to the injury situation
    Suspect it’s money, Swansea are probably paying a fee and all his wages; where we got him on the cheap. Money is an element, what the other bit is, I don’t know 
  • Greenie said:
    Gutted, I’ve just had my barnet done like his!
    Just had my tattoo edited, added armour and a sword, telling everyone it’s Jamie Lannister.