Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off final v Birmingham Sat 25th May 1pm (p63)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Interesting to see albeit that is simply a list of our entire U18 squad last season (as quoted in our website) and I would be surprised if we have signed them all up.  Fingers crossed.

Ed. There is an interview with Steve Avery on the website, right at the end he mentions 10 of our scholars having got their first pro contracts.  In my list above there are 11 (but Anderson sign last season so 10 without him).  So Casey, Kone Laqueretabua may still be with us but don't appear to have signed yet for sure.
  • Options
    Fantastic to get Casey signed on a 3 year deal , hopefully we see a bit of him in the EFL Trophy. Looks a real talent. 
  • Options
    great news - have loved watching Patrick play. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    PHEW!! - Love this kids confidence.

Only just signed his first Pro Deal and he wants to score another 42-goals and make his First Team debut.

Wont be surprised if we see him in the EFL Trophy at some stage.
  • Options
    Very good news. Most people initially watching him play might wonder what all the fuss is about.
    Over 40 goals last season is the answer. He has the knack.
  • Options
    Serious player and great news🙌🏼☘️
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    Was getting worried that everyone else was signing & nothing from Patrick. Delighted he’s signed up now and looking forward to seeing him progress over the next few years. Could be a very special talent ☘️
  • Options
    Fantastic news. A real prospect and must have had others chasing him. Well done the club 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so update on our U18's below. Highlighted ones not yet signed.

U18's who played key roles in SF or Final (or who have signed)
    Kone
    ;
    Asiimwe,              Signed
    Mitchell                Signed
    Laqeretabua
    Hobden.               Signed
    Bower.                  Signed
    Gough.                 Signed
    Kedwell
    Anderson.            Signed
    Huke.                    Signed 
    Rylah.                    Signed
    Casey
    Kanu.                    Signed
    Okechukwu.         Signed
    Myers
    Enslin.                  Signed

Others listed on our website in the squad
    Yamoha
    Hand
    Berry
    Batt
    Molneux
    Danso
    Hunter
    Okwumo

I make that only Kone, Kedwell and Myers to go.
  • Options
    Kone would be well worth a contract, and Kedwell puts me in mind of a younger Dobson.
    Don’t know enough about Myers.
    Didn’t we used to have a Cliff Myers?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The club has done superbly to get so many signed up. Shame that Beadle left and by the sounds of it now Kone has followed him out the door as they both look like very talented keepers.
    Great the others have shown more loyalty to the club though
  • Options
    With Kedwell signing a pro deal does anyone know if we’ve ever had a season where we’ve signed so many scholars to pro deals, from the same group? 
  • Options
    Brook Myers (mentined above) is a really exciting talent however I understand he may need to do some work on his social niceties.......

I really hope he can address this aspect because he definitely has ability...but that's not all you need
  • Options
    There is ridiculous level of talent on that list.  It does seem like a conveyer belt of academy plays for the first team in next couple of years. Kanu and Mitchell are probably now first team squad members instead of youth players. 

Hoping to see two of the 21s friendly this summer and at least 1 papa johns game. Exciting time for the academy. 

• Options
    Our U15s (and younger) have been playing in the NI Super Cup - the tournament they won last season.

They didn't make the semi-finals of the main competition this time around, but are in the final of the 'Globe' tournament.

Group Results:
    Charlton 0-1 Plymouth (eventual group winners)
    Charlton 4-1 St Mirren
    Charlton 3-0 Fermanagh

Globe Results
    SF: Charlton 4-1 Stevenage
    Final: Charlton vs Prospects to Pro - Today (28/7), 2:30pm

Team Page: https://supercupni.com/team/charlton-athletic/

• Options

Others listed on our website in the squad (I suspect 1st year scholars as none have been announced as signed that I am aware):

Yamoah
    Hand
    Berry
    Batt
    Molyneux
    Danso
    Hunter
    Okwumo

I've cut the quoted post down just to say that Molyneux and Hand are now U21's. They were late additions to the U18s and are too old for that level now (born before 01/09/2005).

Molyneux has been playing this pre-season, so must have a contract. I haven't seen Hand in any line ups, but that could be due to injury.
  • Options
    Molyneux was on the bench against Millwall.

Have seen him play several times. Looks a very capable keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 23/24 fixture list can be found here
    https://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/professional-u18-development-league-2/20232024/regular-season/r75877/

Charlton begin the season home to Burnley on Saturday 12th August 11.00 kick-off.
  • Options
    The fixture list is now also on here https://www.charltonafc.com/fixture/list/818
  • Options
    I am a season ticket holder like others are. In the past you could pitch up of a Saturday morning at Sparrows Lane and watch.
    The lockdown and regime changes seemed to stop all that, but I wonder if it is now possible to see these games in person once again.
  • Options
    Highlighted ones not yet signed.  Phenomenal effort by this group of players that so many have contracts, and great effort by the club to tie them down.

Kone;                       Gone to Qatar
    Asiimwe,                 Signed
    Mitchell.                  Signed
    Laqeretabua.          Signed
    Hobden.                  Signed
    Bower.                     Signed
    Gough.                     Signed
    Kedwell.                   Signed
    Anderson.                Signed
    Huke.                        Signed 
    Rylah.                        Signed
    Casey.                       Signed
    Kanu.                         Signed
    Okechukwu.             Signed
    Myers.                      Still with us
    Enslin.                        Signed

Yamoha.              Still with us
    Hand
    Berry
    Batt
    Molneux
    Danso.                 Still with us
    Hunter.                Still with us
    Okwumo.            Still with us

So based on most recent U18 line up our U18 squad from last season mainly signed or stayed. We lost one.  Four unaccounted for.  Seems unusual the club didn't give a wider update, I think they usually do in U18's.  Good luck to the 4 if they have left.

• Options
    Highlighted ones not yet signed.  Phenomenal effort by this group of players that so many have contracts, and great effort by the club to tie them down.

Hand
    Berry
    Batt
    Molneux

So based on most recent U18 line up our U18 squad from last season mainly signed or stayed. We lost one.  Four unaccounted for.  Seems unusual the club didn't give a wider update, I think they usually do in U18's.  Good luck to the 4 if they have left.

Henry Molyneux played for the under-21s at Hull and was on the bench for the Millwall friendly. I don't recall seeing anything about his contractual status, but I assume that means we signed him at some point? Still here, in any case.
  • Options

Hand
    Berry
    Batt
    Molneux

Henry Molyneux played for the under-21s at Hull and was on the bench for the Millwall friendly. I don't recall seeing anything about his contractual status, but I assume that means we signed him at some point? Still here, in any case.
    He's on the OS U21 squad page so I assume he signed a contract and they just hadn't announced it anywhere at the time.