Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off final v Birmingham Sat 25th May 1pm (p63)

Comments

• Options
    Casey signed a 2-year pro contract last summer.

And M'Bick did the same a few months back (signed, not sure of contract length).
    I hope Casey's contract has extension clauses within it.
  • Options
    It was confirmed at the under 21s game today that the game on Saturday will be a 2pm kick off and entry will be restricted to Valley Gold members.

The game will be played on the pitch nearest to the entrance gates.
  • Options
    Why valley golf members only ridiculous.🙁
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Why valley golf members only ridiculous.🙁
    You should have gone to Specsavers.

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    It was confirmed at the under 21s game today that the game on Saturday will be a 2pm kick off and entry will be restricted to Valley Gold members.

Great to hear those in attendance today were told this.

A shame that communication once again is sadly lacking.

The Academy fixtures on the site show a 13.00 ko on Saturday , no venue mentioned.

Anyone would think our club has little respect for the fans ....

My £7 pm subscription to Charlton TV is being cancelled as we speak following today's no show stream of the U21's match.

And no response to my email sent around 2.10 this afternoon, querying the lack of a stream. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

The Academy fixtures on the site show a 13.00 ko on Saturday , no venue mentioned.

My £7 pm subscription to Charlton TV is being cancelled as we speak following today's no show stream of the U21's match.

And no response to my email sent around 2.10 this afternoon, querying the lack of a stream. 
    The match today was on camera. The tower was moved into position shortly before the kick off. It was also confirmed that the only way to watch the Saturday game for non Valley Gold members will be on the Barnsley feed.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:

The match today was on camera. The tower was moved into position shortly before the kick off. It was also confirmed that the only way to watch the Saturday game for non Valley Gold members will be on the Barnsley feed.
    " On camera " ? 

Not live on Charlton TV so what were the cameras for ? 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:

" On camera " ? 

Not live on Charlton TV so what were the cameras for ? 
    Probably in house analysis, every game our academy play will be recorded in some form
  • Options
    Is this a prelude to the demise of Charlton TV?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 14
    seth plum said:
    As I understand it at the moment the Club are not providing a feed to the restricted access semi final on Saturday.
    I am somewhat confused as to whether Barnsley fans will get to see the action.
    I know I accumulate the usual passive aggressive ‘lol’s’ from the Charlton Life long standing class bully for daring to criticise aspects of the club, especially the communications, but this is what I would like to see published today.

The exact time and place for the game on Saturday.
    The rules of access.
    The details of streamed coverage (if any at all) that will be available including if it will be a Barnsley exclusive stream and how we can access their coverage.

I was at the U16 final which the club streamed from the Valley, and other games have been streamed from Sparrows Lane.

It may be the case that those with the skill to do coverage are away, or can’t be bothered, but the notion that it might be available to Barnsley and not us is ridiculous.
    Surely those that keen can go watch, bit more inconvenient for Barnsley.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    seth plum said:
    As I understand it at the moment the Club are not providing a feed to the restricted access semi final on Saturday.
    I know I accumulate the usual passive aggressive ‘lol’s’ from the Charlton Life long standing class bully for daring to criticise aspects of the club, especially the communications, but this is what I would like to see published today.

The rules of access.
    The details of streamed coverage (if any at all) that will be available including if it will be a Barnsley exclusive stream and how we can access their coverage.

I was at the U16 final which the club streamed from the Valley, and other games have been streamed from Sparrows Lane.

It may be the case that those with the skill to do coverage are away, or can’t be bothered, but the notion that it might be available to Barnsley and not us is ridiculous.
    The talk is Valley Gold Members only
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    seth plum said:

The rules of access.

No, because the Valley isn't available and presumably we can't get Dartford either, so the game's at Sparrow's Lane where the rule for the last few years has been only Valley Gold members and players' parents can get in.
  • Options
    On our website here https://www.charltonafc.com/fixture/list/818 the match is scheduled to kick off at 14.00 at Sparrows Lane but on the latest blurb on our website issued in the last hour it states a 13.00 KO https://www.charltonafc.com/news/gallery-u18s-lift-pdl2-south-title.
    As i've mentioned before the communication from the club regarding basic information regarding venues, kick off times & admittance details for u18/u21 matches this season has been abysmal.
    It was Peter Burrowes' who mentioned to me & others nearby at yesterdays u21 match that Saturdays match will be Valley Gold members only allowed on Saturday & a passerby whilst waiting for a bus after the game told me that the kick off will now be at 14.00 at the request of Barnsley.
    It appears as long as Bromley Addicks & The Museum get good coverage of their activities by the communications dept everybody's happy.
  • Options
    FF.

You said 'even if there is a limited audience', and therein lies the problem mistakenly solved.

There used to be a limited audience for women's football, no so much now.

There is an audience and interest in our club below the first team only, it may be limited but Valley Gold seeks to harvest that interest, as does charging for live attendance at non first team events, selling some of the TV coverage on the back of it, as well as developing a deeper attachment from supporters towards the club by nurturing that interest.

Now maybe it is about money, and the club can say promoting the first team is the one and only priority, we can't afford to do anything else.

But what we have is simply haphazard and inconsistent and badly communicated.

Some will say so what, be grateful for the scraps.

I sometimes think do it better or not at all if it is such an inconvenience to consider the wider interest.

I think what we are witnessing is closer to a missed opportunity to engender loyal support in the context of a crap first team season.

Is it really about resources, or is it about mentality?
  • Options
    I rang Charlie for our usual catch up on all matters Charlton and told him that Fanny wasn't getting her usual tingle about Saturday.

So he said (after asking fashion advice - I told him he needed to up his cardigan game to win over the fans) that they are looking into getting a camera operator and replay operator sorted for it.

No promises so WIOTOS just like the striker from Forest and the midfielder and defender from Luton (and no, I'm not giving out the names).
  • Options
    I rang Charlie for our usual catch up on all matters Charlton and told him that Fanny wasn't getting her usual tingle about Saturday.

So he said (after asking fashion advice - I told him he needed to up his cardigan game to win over the fans) that they are looking into getting a camera operator and replay operator sorted for it.

No promises so WIOTOS just like the striker from Forest and the midfielder and defender from Luton (and no, I'm not giving out the names).
    Something for the rumours thread?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Something for the rumours thread?
    Nah, Charlie has, as you know, nothing to do with the day to day running of the club so how would he know anything.  
  • Options
    I emailed Tom Rubashow (Head of Comms). He replied almost straight away.

The intention is that there will be a live stream subject to personnel being available.

There will be an update on the website either today or tomorrow to confirm the other match details.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's well known that the Fanackapans are wrinklies who spend most of their days pottering around the garden, watching day time tv ( Why is "Doctors" being axed  :'( ?), drinking numerous cuppas, endlessly moaning with retired aquaintances about the rising cost of everything, especially inco pads & napping at the drop of a hat. 

Disrespectful by our club & something that I would normally ask to be high on the agenda of the next Fans' Forum meeting. 

DOH ! Whatever happened to that means of discussion between club personnel & fans' reps ???
    Firstly, it's a disgrace that the BBC have dumped Doctors, essential lunchtime viewing for us 'wrinklies', at least we still have Hope Street on a Friday.

Secondly, what has happened to the Fans Forum? Last meeting was about February if I recall?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    I emailed Tom Rubashow (Head of Comms). He replied almost straight away.

The intention is that there will be a live stream subject to personnel being available.

There will be an update on the website either today or tomorrow to confirm the other match details.
    How silly of you to actually ask the question to someone who might be able to give an informed answer instead of moaning on here.  A good opportunity for a whinge missed there.
  • Options

It's well known that the Fanackapans are wrinklies who spend most of their days pottering around the garden, watching day time tv ( Why is "Doctors" being axed  :'( ?), drinking numerous cuppas, endlessly moaning with retired aquaintances about the rising cost of everything, especially inco pads & napping at the drop of a hat. 

Disrespectful by our club & something that I would normally ask to be high on the agenda of the next Fans' Forum meeting. 

DOH ! Whatever happened to that means of discussion between club personnel & fans' reps ???
    Firstly, it's a disgrace that the BBC have dumped Doctors, essential lunchtime viewing for us 'wrinklies', at least we still have Hope Street on a Friday.

Secondly, what has happened to the Fans Forum? Last meeting was about February if I recall?
    You're far too optimistic, Large.

Last meeting according to the OS took place in September 2023.....

Make of that what you will .
  • Options

You're far too optimistic, Large.

Last meeting according to the OS took place in September 2023.....

Make of that what you will .
    That long ago? Blimey.
  • Options
    The official site just now has kick off at 2pm. No other information about venue or coverage that I could find.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The official site just now has kick off at 2pm. No other information about venue or coverage that I could find.
    Charlton Athletic U18 V
    BARNSLEY U18
    18/05/2024
    14:00
    Charlton Athletic Football Club Youth Academy
    https://www.charltonafc.com/fixture/view/9586
  • Options
    I got an email this afternoon.

They have a camera operator for Saturday and a producer lined up (they will be confirmed in the morning).
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

They have a camera operator for Saturday and a producer lined up (they will be confirmed in the morning).
    I hope they let us know today as the game is so soon now.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Crusty54 said:

I hope they let us know today as the game is so soon now.
    It's happening. Just got an email confirming there will be a stream on Saturday.