Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off semi v Barnsley Sat 18th May 2pm (p60)

Comments

• Options
    Well done the U18's. Who scored the goals?
  • Options
    I don't know, yet. I've only seen the final score.
  • Options
    No mention of our scorers but ............
    Both the U18s & U16s visited @CAFC_TheAcademy this morning. The U18s were 2-0 with up both goals from @KaanBennett in the first half, but lost 3-2 and finished the game with 10 men. The U16s finished 3-3 conceding a last minute penalty. #ColU #U18PDL

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Miles Leaburn got the first, left back called Toby with a cracking free kick for the second.  Couldn’t see the third scorer - may have been Leaburn again but there were a lot of bodies in the way

tbf the 2nd half we were all over them and deserved the win
    Sounds like we need to release Daniel Kanu then?
  • Options
    Looking forward to hopefully seeing the likes of Kanu and Anderson on Thursday night! 
  • Options
    Anderson definitely one to watch. Was being tracked by Man U wasn’t he?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Miles Leaburn got the first, left back called Toby with a cracking free kick for the second.  Couldn’t see the third scorer - may have been Leaburn again but there were a lot of bodies in the way

It’s his birthday in a couple of weeks so hopefully we are just keeping him away from prying eyes!

one other player to mention was Karol Anderson who came on at the break.  He recently signed a contract with us on his birthday.  He is a serious talent!  Loads of energy, pace, strength but his passing and awareness were very very impressive.  If he continues to develop he will be some player.

Centre midfield.
    Really hope we get Kanu signed up, exciting to have a few promising strikers in Davison, Burstow and Kanu. Having one is rare for us, never mind three.

Looking forward to seeing Anderson break through. Wasn’t aware of him until the announcement that he signed pro on his 17th birthday. Great to have what sounds like a very exciting talent under contract until 2024. Avory gave his view on him in the article:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/615c3efceb27f/karoy-anderson-signs-first-pro-deal-until-2024

How do we use him, box to box?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

It’s his birthday in a couple of weeks so hopefully we are just keeping him away from prying eyes!

one other player to mention was Karol Anderson who came on at the break.  He recently signed a contract with us on his birthday.  He is a serious talent!  Loads of energy, pace, strength but his passing and awareness were very very impressive.  If he continues to develop he will be some player.

Centre midfield.
    Really hope we get Kanu signed up, exciting to have a few promising strikers in Davison, Burstow and Kanu. Having one is rare for us, never mind three.

Looking forward to seeing Anderson break through. Wasn’t aware of him until the announcement that he signed pro on his 17th birthday. Great to have what sounds like a very exciting talent under contract until 2024. Avory gave his view on him in the article:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/615c3efceb27f/karoy-anderson-signs-first-pro-deal-until-2024

How do we use him, box to box?
    Don't forget Dylan Galvin just back from injury who looked a prospect before and now 18, plus Leaburn a couple of years behind.  Shame Wassim Aouachria does not seem to have kept up his early promise following injury.
  • Options
    I think Aldershot have even sent him back from his loan.
  • Options
    Was very surprised to see it down as 7pm!

Looking forward to seeing a good crowd down here. 
  • Options
    Was hoping it would be Kanu signing a contract but that ooks another year of great prospects to be winning those games..
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Kanu was born on 14/11/2004. Burstow was Born 04/08/2003.
    Kanu was 17 yesterday, where is that contract signing announcement?!
  • Options
    We're in the U17 Premier League Cup this season (as well as the U18) and have been put in a group with three category one teams - Arsenal, Fulham and Tottenham.

The first group games were played last week and the young addicks won 1-0 at Fulham. Hobden scored the goal. Spurs beat Arsenal 9-0 in the other game.

Won 6-3 vs Tottenham today.

Kanu with a goal and two assists.
    I'm expecting double figures against Arsenal.
  • Options
    Daniel Kanu is still a scholar so he won't automatically sign a new contract at 17. 
    When Deji Elerewe was 18 recently then we needed an upgraded contract which eventually he signed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    soapboxsam said:
    Daniel Kanu is still a scholar so he won't automatically sign a new contract at 17. 
    When Deji Elerewe was 18 recently then we needed an upgraded contract which eventually he signed.
    But am I right to say that now he is 17 any club could come and sign him to a pro contract, so for us the sooner he signs the better...
  • Options

Charlton U18s’ FA Youth Cup second-round tie against AFC Wimbledon will take place at Princes Park on Friday, November 19th (7pm).

Supporters are encouraged to attend the tie to get behind the young Addicks with entry priced £3 for adults and £1 for U16s and concessions on the door, with gates opening at 6pm.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6193b5481ab00/fa-youth-cup-second-round-tie-set-for-friday-november-19th-7pm

• Options
    Is it being screened on Charlton TV?
  • Options
    I was under the impression a couple of weeks ago the 6-3 win against Spurs was by the U18's but definitely U17 premier League cup.
  • Options
    Let’s just hope that those sides don’t come in and nick any of our players.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    That Red Robo is the problem, plus certain lads and their families will leave like Kasey Palmer, unlike Joe Gomez who stayed for a short while to play a number of first team matches to showcase their talents before the premier teams came calling.

By chance had this chat with a Charlton coach of a young age group who also coaches at non League level about how it's so difficult for Cafc to keep these talented young kids under wraps for long.

• Options
    That Red Robo is the problem, plus certain lads and their families will leave like Kasey Palmer, unlike Joe Gomez who stayed for a short while to play a number of first team matches to showcase their talents before the premier teams come calling.

By chance had this chat with a Charlton coach of a young age group who also coaches at non League level about how it's so difficult for Cafc to keep these talented young kids under wraps for long.

We can thank a certain Mr. Roddy for that issue.
  • Options
    That Red Robo is the problem, plus certain lads and their families will leave like Kasey Palmer, unlike Joe Gomez who stayed for a short while to play a number of first team matches to showcase their talents before the premier teams come calling.

We can thank a certain Mr. Roddy for that issue.

When Ged Roddy was a guest with Steve Gallen on CAST, the question was put to Roddy how do you feel about the changes made, when you were the architect of the last Category A and Category B Academy rules.

Ged tried to explain the amount CAT B academies receive has doubled but he sounded a tad uncomfortable as it still doesn't cover the cost of 8 years of nurturing young talent with education on and off the field, plus transporting kids up and down the country for matches and coaching. Join a Cat B at 7 and poached at 15 by Cat A is still a hit for the lower category.

• Options
    https://www.valleygold.org.uk/2021/11/24/academy-notes-daniel-kanu-tottenham/

His vocabulary is almost as a good as his good scoring.