Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gary Lineker

Gary Lineker blasts Matt Hancock demand for Premier League footballers to rush into coronavirus pay cuts as Gary Neville says Health Secretary has 'a f***ing cheek'

Maybe he can take a pay cut as MotD not on currently.

Premier League clubs may withstand the current situation but others may not or not without massive problems

Comments

• He's donated a couple of months salary. 
  • edited April 2020
    In a world of massively overpaid primadonna's Lineker is up there with the best of them. Fair play though for his salary donation. As much as I detest the bloke it's certainly not something he was obliged to do.
  • Surely saying they should take a pay cut is trying to help save the clubs and pay the non footballing staff?

saying they should donate their wages to help fund the nhs would be a completely different thing, which as far as I’m aware hasn’t happened??
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2020
    Lineker .. overpaid crisp salesman moonlighting and double dipping on BBC and BT Sport .. 2 months salary ? .. from which of his multiple salaries ? To me he's an unpleasant but clever piss taker

Gary Neville .. decentish right back in one of the best ever English teams .. makes good money as a know all pundit on Sky .. has temporarily 'donated'  his hotels for the use of the Govt/NHS .. nice gesture ensuring lots of brownie points .. slating Hancock as he doesn't want to upset all his overpaid prima donna footballing pals .. lucky Manc lad who done well, but needs to shut the fuck up

• I think the issue is that Lineker and the PFA are saying that this takes time to formalise and probably at least a couple of weeks. It could be done on the back of a fag packet in about 5 minutes! In fact the NHS will have built a hospital housing 4,000 patients in the time they take to work out what's "fair and equitable".  

It's also hard to get one's head round how Spurs can make the decision in a nanosecond to use tax payers money to furlough 550 staff but aren't prepared to do anything so far as their superstars are concerned. I wonder why?

Finally, as for Premier League footballers coming out and saying this criticism is so unfair I would like to assure them that they will be able to manage an average reduction of £14,000 a week. - the £56,000 they would get paid instead still represents 100 times more than the average wage of a nurse. They should try living on that!

I'm sure they could survive on£2500 a month, for 3 months
  • edited April 2020
    I think the issue is that Lineker and the PFA are saying that this takes time to formalise and probably at least a couple of weeks. It could be done on the back of a fag packet in about 5 minutes! In fact the NHS will have built a hospital housing 4,000 patients in the time they take to work out what's "fair and equitable".  

It's also hard to get one's head round how Spurs can make the decision in a nanosecond to use tax payers money to furlough 550 staff but aren't prepared to do anything so far as their superstars are concerned. I wonder why?

Finally, as for Premier League footballers coming out and saying this criticism is so unfair I would like to assure them that they will be able to manage an average reduction of £14,000 a week. - the £56,000 they would get paid instead still represents 100 times more than the average wage of a nurse. They should try living on that!

PL have now proposed a 30% wage cut. Gee that's only £49,000 a week to live on!

Edit - the PFA have still to agree to this. No doubt it will go to a vote and the results will be known in approximately 3 months time
  • edited April 2020
    Lineker .. overpaid crisp salesman moonlighting and double dipping on BBC and BT Sport .. 2 months salary ? .. from which of his multiple salaries ? To me he's an unpleasant but clever piss taker

Gary Neville .. decentish right back in one of the best ever English teams .. makes good money as a know all pundit on Sky .. has temporarily 'donated'  his hotels for the use of the Govt/NHS .. nice gesture ensuring lots of brownie points .. slating Hancock as he doesn't want to upset all his overpaid prima donna footballing pals .. lucky Manc lad who done well, but needs to shut the fuck up

I believe he also still does a paper round,  That is what he is donating...  £25
  • I think the issue is that Lineker and the PFA are saying that this takes time to formalise and probably at least a couple of weeks. It could be done on the back of a fag packet in about 5 minutes! In fact the NHS will have built a hospital housing 4,000 patients in the time they take to work out what's "fair and equitable".  

I'm sure they could survive on£2500 a month, for 3 months
    Whilst I agree with all of the premises outlined in the main argument - they actually probably couldn’t survive on that. If you have been earning x for 10 years and all of a sudden your income is X/50 then anyone would find themselves in the sticky place. Simply we all live to our means. To a point you can cut back but eventually your fixed outgoings just can’t be cut further 
  • Gary Lineker is an arsehole 

With a bad back.

Look how he leans forward ALL the time.

Tottenham prick.
  • edited April 2020

He should go back to selling fruit and veg.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2020

He should go back to selling fruit and veg.
    all 'is life 'e wanted t'be a barrer boy .. instead he became a terrific striker in his time .. pity he's now a pontificating, piss taking pundit (I do like a bit of alliteration) 
  • Thought this was a story that come from a football club (not sure who), asking their back office staff to take some sort of pay-cut while the players were taking their full salary? Now and because of the focus on the NHS at the moment, it's morphed into something entirely different
  • Thought this was a story that come from a football club (not sure who), asking their back office staff to take some sort of pay-cut while the players were taking their full salary? Now and because of the focus on the NHS at the moment, it's morphed into something entirely different
    Spurs 
  • ....reading it on BBC news website, I think maybe what Hancock is saying is that he thinks players should help their clubs cover the cost of much lower paid staff who are not working at the moment, so that clubs don't go under and it doesn't become a further Eric on the State.

@DA9 gave a good summary on his Facebook

• JamesSeed said:
    In a world of massively overpaid primadonna's Lineker is up there with the best of them. Fair play though for his salary donation. As much as I detest the bloke it's certainly not something he was obliged to do.
    Honestly, how can anyone really 'detest' Lineker. Good player, decent presenter. Dislike maybe, disagree with probably perhaps, but detest seems unnecessarily hateful imho. We're so polarised in this country. Everything is black and white, grey seems to have vanished from the vocabulary.
    Played for Spurs?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Honestly, how can anyone really 'detest' Lineker. Good player, decent presenter. Dislike maybe, disagree with probably perhaps, but detest seems unnecessarily hateful imho. We're so polarised in this country. Everything is black and white, grey seems to have vanished from the vocabulary.
    Played for Spurs?
    Leicester, Everton, Barcelona, Spurs .. I think that's the lot .. Oh England as well of course and as skipper ?