Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Lineker

Comments

• Options
    They're currently showing Italia 90 semi v Germany BBC red button.

Build up with Des and everything.

That's me for the afternoon
    Jump, Shilton!  Aargh.
  • Options
    Just scored!!!!
  • Options
    Why do we do such a line in keepers not jumping properly - Shilton in 86 and 90, Seaman in 2002.
  • Options
    Waddle, Gazza, Platt, Beardsley, Lineker was a great front 5.
  • Options
    Beardsley having a shocker!
  • Options
    Be interesting to know how many on here are upset with this players wages thing, yet still subscribe to SKY?
    Personally have no subscription to any paid TV.
    Money in football is ruining the game I was brought up on.
  • Options
    Just scored!!!!
    Good goal.
  • Options
    I don't remember this that much as was young.  We played really well first half, deserved to be ahead.
  • Options
    Waddle should definitely have had a penalty in that second half
  • Options
    Linny now has a quiz programme on ITV .. I hope he is now deserting BBC (though |I VERY much doubt he'll give up the Million+) and his salary can be put to better use
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the second series of Sitting on a Fortune, it would be so much better if the chairs rotated position rather the contestants had to get up and move. Rotated like a hyped up fair ground ride.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    This is the second series of Sitting on a Fortune, it would be so much better if the chairs rotated position rather the contestants had to get up and move. Rotated like a hyped up fair ground ride.
    right, I thought this was a recent semi-defection .. seen it once and (to my chagrin) quite enjoyed it  
  • Options
    Gary Lineker has topped a list of the BBC's best-paid stars for a sixth year in a row, earning £1.35m in the last financial year.

Graphic showing the 10 best-paid BBC presenters in 2022-23 according to the BBCs Annual Report which does not include those paid by the commercially run BBC Studios They were Gary Lineker on 135m Zoe Ball 980k Alan Shearer 445k Huw Edwards 435k Stephen Nolan 400k Fiona Bruce 395k Greg James 395k Ken Bruce 390k Lauren Laverne 390k and Sophie Raworth 365k

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66158179
  • Options
    clive said:
    Gary Lineker has topped a list of the BBC's best-paid stars for a sixth year in a row, earning £1.35m in the last financial year.

Graphic showing the 10 best-paid BBC presenters in 2022-23 according to the BBCs Annual Report which does not include those paid by the commercially run BBC Studios They were Gary Lineker on 135m Zoe Ball 980k Alan Shearer 445k Huw Edwards 435k Stephen Nolan 400k Fiona Bruce 395k Greg James 395k Ken Bruce 390k Lauren Laverne 390k and Sophie Raworth 365k

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66158179
    Yawn
  • Options
    Overpaid Hypesters the lot of 'em, and who the hell is Stephen Nolan... 🙄
  • Options
    Worth every penny!

Took me a lot of grief and unecessary questioning but I finally shook off the chains of the licence fee, two years plus ago.

Enjoy subsidising their egos.
  • Options
    He's from Non Iron radio.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I have nothing against any of the people on that list, but if the BBC had maximum salaries, of no more than £200k, would we really notice any difference? Maybe It would seem fresher if anything. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    They are good presenters, and I suppose the BBC thinks it needs to pay a lot to get the best and compete with its rivals, but we watch the football for the football, not the presenters. I think ITV could pay its presenters less too rather than encourage gambling in most of its programmes.
  • Options
    Alan Shearer is the one that surprises me the most in that list. He is fine but earning more than e.g. Fiona Bruce seems unnecessary.
  • Options
    Alan Shearer is the one that surprises me the most in that list. He is fine but earning more than e.g. Fiona Bruce seems unnecessary.
    The salaries seem ridiculous, but I really don't think under half a mill for an in-demand presenter is that bad in this day and age. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The salaries seem ridiculous, but I really don't think under half a mill for an in-demand presenter is that bad in this day and age. 
    Yeap. Bottom 8 have a median of about £400k, so seems to be the going rate.
    Still, I never imagined a football pundit would be 3rd in the list.
  • Options
    Nolan is a significant media presence in Northern Ireland and on the radio 5 live wireless in the evenings.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeap. Bottom 8 have a median of about £400k, so seems to be the going rate.
    Still, I never imagined a football pundit would be 3rd in the list.
    Which is about the average wage of a Championship player.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    You don't know who he is, but you know he's overpaid? 
    He must be overpaid otherwise we all  WOULD know who he is?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Chizz said:
    Yep, I had a feeling he was some sort of radio dude..a bloody DJ/Chat show host whatever,...FFS🙄, but 400k+ is obscene whoever he is, and that applies to the lot of 'em, and as for Lineker...give me strength...😫🥱
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Yep, I had a feeling he was some sort of radio dude..a bloody DJ/Chat show host whatever,...FFS🙄, but 400k+ is obscene whoever he is, and that applies to the lot of 'em, and as for Lineker...give me strength...😫🥱
    You should look him up.  He's an exceptional, knowledgeable and engaging radio presenter, with a superb ability to disseminate and explain complex and difficult issues thanks to a deep understanding of a vital part of the UK.