Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Lineker

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Overpaid Hypesters the lot of 'em, and who the hell is Stephen Nolan... 🙄
    You don't know who he is, but you know he's overpaid? 
    Yep, I had a feeling he was some sort of radio dude..a bloody DJ/Chat show host whatever,...FFS🙄, but 400k+ is obscene whoever he is, and that applies to the lot of 'em, and as for Lineker...give me strength...😫🥱
    You should look him up.  He's an exceptional, knowledgeable and engaging radio presenter, with a superb ability to disseminate and explain complex and difficult issues thanks to a deep understanding of a vital part of the UK.  
    Well thats about 17.4 million people who hate him straight away. Bloody experts...  ;):D   
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Personally more concerned about the millions that my recently redundant sister-in-law's top boss earns. (HSBC) 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Yep, I had a feeling he was some sort of radio dude..a bloody DJ/Chat show host whatever,...FFS🙄, but 400k+ is obscene whoever he is, and that applies to the lot of 'em, and as for Lineker...give me strength...😫🥱
    You should look him up.  He's an exceptional, knowledgeable and engaging radio presenter, with a superb ability to disseminate and explain complex and difficult issues thanks to a deep understanding of a vital part of the UK.  
    Maybe I will, but if he is as good as you say, then maybe he is underpaid when you compare to any of the others on the scale above him, but just looking at that chart it does beggar belief that the salaries are that high, I mean, Gary Lineker, Zoe Ball, and Alan Shearer as a top three is incredulous...
  • Options
    Zoe Ball grossly overpaid. The most annoying person on the radio. Stopped listening to her incessant babble shortly after she took over from Chris Evans. Rewarded for mostly spouting rubbish. Lineker also grossly overpaid. People would watch Match of the Day whoever was presenting it. Yes, he is good, but who watches it just for him?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Well thats about 17.4 million people who hate him straight away. Bloody experts...  ;):D   
    Still butthurt about Brexit?

FFS get over it; it was never enacted anyway.

There must be other ways to feed your ego and sense of intellectual superiority, surely?  You've had seven years to find them, after all...
    Sorry if I upset you BigS. 

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Still butthurt about Brexit?

FFS get over it; it was never enacted anyway.

There must be other ways to feed your ego and sense of intellectual superiority, surely?  You've had seven years to find them, after all...
    Sorry if I upset you BigS. 

It's OK.  I'm over it now.

You should give it a try sometime :)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    clive said:
    Gary Lineker has topped a list of the BBC's best-paid stars for a sixth year in a row, earning £1.35m in the last financial year.

Graphic showing the 10 best-paid BBC presenters in 2022-23 according to the BBCs Annual Report which does not include those paid by the commercially run BBC Studios They were Gary Lineker on 135m Zoe Ball 980k Alan Shearer 445k Huw Edwards 435k Stephen Nolan 400k Fiona Bruce 395k Greg James 395k Ken Bruce 390k Lauren Laverne 390k and Sophie Raworth 365k

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66158179
    Some high rollers they need to get shot of, probably won’t make a dent to their budget though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Chizz said:
    He must be overpaid otherwise we all  WOULD know who he is?
    Everyone not known widely is overpaid?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    clive said:
    Gary Lineker has topped a list of the BBC's best-paid stars for a sixth year in a row, earning £1.35m in the last financial year.

Graphic showing the 10 best-paid BBC presenters in 2022-23 according to the BBCs Annual Report which does not include those paid by the commercially run BBC Studios They were Gary Lineker on 135m Zoe Ball 980k Alan Shearer 445k Huw Edwards 435k Stephen Nolan 400k Fiona Bruce 395k Greg James 395k Ken Bruce 390k Lauren Laverne 390k and Sophie Raworth 365k

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66158179
    Some high rollers they need to get shot of, probably won’t make a dent to their budget though.
    I'd say at least one of them may not be on the equivalent list next year!
    Edit: actually, make that two as Ken Bruce has already gone.
  • Options
    I know it’s unlikely, but just in case any BBC presenters are reading this.

You’re paying well over the odds for your pics, You can have a full frontal of me for £25k
  • Options
    How in the fuck is Stephen Nolan on so much. He's a fucking donkey. Looks like Steve Evans twin too
  • Options
    BBC's Tim Davie should really be in the list - his salary is £525,000.

ITV pay "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" hosts by Ant and Dec £3.3m.  Each.  Per month. 

In the United States, these salaries would be embarrassingly low, however.  The top-paid tv presenters in the States are as follows: 

Judy Sheindlin - $147m
    Ellen DeGeneres - $87.5m
    Dr. Phil McGraw - $77.5m 
    Ryan Seacrest - $74m 
    Steve Harvey - $44m 
  • Options
    The salaries are in free market, and they can all earn more at ITV, Sky, TNT or Global, so whilst there is some naval gazing, they are in the grand scheme of things, cheap
  • Options
    Don't forget this doesn't include salaries paid by BBC Studios or to production companies who front talent

Graham Norton for example is not on this list
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The free market determines the salary, however absurd they may seem.  And those that are upset by the high salaries (Tory lobbyists) spend most of their days advocating for unregulated free markets, confusing all this isn’t it.  
    Slight nuance in that these salaries, whilst in the free market, are also taxpayer funded. A "Tory lobbyist" would absolutely advocate lowest possible cost to the taxpayer - Lineker and Shearer's salaries are fundamentally not good value for money for the taxpayer. 
    MPs salaries are funded by the tax payer. I feel the Tory lobbyists might not advocate the lowest possible cost to the tax payer for them? At least the BBC employees can do their job competently. 
    Thought the logic behind MPs wages was to allow the "working man or woman" to go into politics, instead of the rich and high earners, who could afford to do it on the side.

Still don't stop politicians from across the spectrum taking the piss though
  • Options
    Reckon it's hard to compare the likes of Lineker to Ant & Dec etc. People (not me) absolutely love Ant & Dec and would watch them in almost anything, whereas people tune into the football for the football, regardless of who the person presenting is.

If it comes down to personal choice, I prefer Dan Walker to jug ears anyway. The banter between him and some of the pundits, particularly Richards, makes me want to vomit
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    That was enough for me to take a look and he seems to really understand what he's talking about - yet people blow smoke up Joe Rogan's arse when he seems to know very little about most of his guests (Non hunting/fitness/fighting)

• Options
    The free market determines the salary, however absurd they may seem.  And those that are upset by the high salaries (Tory lobbyists) spend most of their days advocating for unregulated free markets, confusing all this isn’t it.  
    Slight nuance in that these salaries, whilst in the free market, are also taxpayer funded. A "Tory lobbyist" would absolutely advocate lowest possible cost to the taxpayer - Lineker and Shearer's salaries are fundamentally not good value for money for the taxpayer. 
    Not particularly agreeing as the point some else made, profit or not for profit it’s still the free market, Lineker can get up and go to sky or ITV if he’s not happy with the money. 
  • Options
    Personally more concerned about the millions that my recently redundant sister-in-law's top boss earns. (HSBC) 
    Along with the bonuses they get paid, the wages of the utility directors while the utilities get worse and worse
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Since technology came in watching after the start and fast forwarding through the football punditry. I see absolutely no point in Lineker or Shearer or any football ‘pundit’.
    Maybe I’m missing something glaringly obvious, but all these people seem to do is take up the time when we could be seeing more of the sport, how do they add to the coverage?
    I suspect the number of minutes of each game on Monday is limited by the contract and what the broadcaster is willing to pay. The presenter and pundits are there to pad it all out. 
    No pundits = a very short MotD.
  • Options
    always a slap in the face i m o for many struggling to pay their way, to see or hear these overrated celebs/familiar faces on silly money .. Lineker is paid whatever by the BBC, he also works for ITV and BT Sport (if that is what it's still called) .. I wouldn't mind but Lineker is such a smug so and so .. thing is there are quite a few BBCites who could do his Saturday gig, same goes for Shearer and the other MOD script readers who are grossly overpaid (I M O lol)  .. 
    Those with long memories might recall that Alan Hanse was reportedly earning a million a year way back when .. when I grow up I wanna be a football pundit