Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton set to sign Adam Matthews (again) - SIGNED

Confirmed by Richard on Twitter, 1 year contract. 

Comments

• Pleased about this. I was worried that we wouldn’t get him.

We are turning into a Welsh team, obviously no longer an Irish team.
  • Excellent news, welcome back Adam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just noticed Joe Ledley gets a mention in the Matthews song 😆
  • Pleased with this 
  • Good news a very solid signing and be happy with either starting. 

• Talal said:
    Wonder if there'll be the odd occasion where Matthews plays in front of Gunter? Tricky away game perhaps.
    Great cover to have in any case. 
    Condensed season, so many fixtures. 
  • Will make for a fascinating contest to win the starting spot. Gunter has it at the moment and hasn’t really put a foot wrong but Matthews is more than capable of taking it off of him.
  • Bit out the blue that one. 

Very decent. 
  • https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-to-complete-deal-to-bring-popular-defender-back-to-se7/

DubaiCAFC said:
    Be interesting to see how Bowyer play this..

I know Bowyer prefers 3 5 2 Maybe Gunter as a right CB and Matthews as a wingback.

I wouldn’t say it’s Bowyer’s favoured formation, but it’s one he uses. He mentioned Gunter being an option at RCB before and Cawley has said it in the above article, it’s a useful option to have.
  • Great news
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    This is getting ridiculous now. Surely all other 23 teams in the division are looking at our current squad with pure envy. Really pleased to have Matthews back. Got a big tasks trying to get in front of Gunter.

Last season shown we can always go with a back 5 with Matthews & Doughty as full back if Bowyer changes formation at all.
  • Wonder if he will play tomorrow with Gunter being rested? 
  • Blimey that is a pleasant surprise. Very strong at RB now in league 1. Good competition. Pleased with this. Let's keep the winning run going tomorrow night.
  • Chunes said:
    Great cover at right back. Excellent signing. Hopefully he is still motivated after failing to be signed elsewhere. 

LB told you it wasn't going to be a striker. 
    I reckon you could play him right wing. He ain’t a bad crosser of the ball and would give Gunter plenty of cover 
  • Talal said:
    Wonder if there'll be the odd occasion where Matthews plays in front of Gunter? Tricky away game perhaps.
    Great cover to have in any case. 
    Yes, I was thinking that. In a tight game or trying to close one out. Also if Gunter played on the right side of a back three with Inniss and Famewo, you could have Matthews play as a wing-back with Maatsen on the other side, particularly if Doughty weren't available. Whatever, gives them both cover and options.
  • Can either gunter or Matthew's play anywhere else.