Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snowing (Dec 23 pg 11)

Comments

• robroy said:

Plenty has settled overnight again in West Yorkshire 
    Looks like you live in a lovely part of the world - very picturesque 
  • robroy said:

Plenty has settled overnight again in West Yorkshire 
    Looks like you live in a lovely part of the world - very picturesque 
    Thanks. I stupidly thought it was a good idea to build an igloo for my two year old daughter. Took absolute hours and was back breaking work haha 
  • Amber weather warning for heavy snow Sunday and Monday in our neck of the woods.
  • Still reckon we wont get much. Swanley seems to be a dead zone when it comes to snow.
  • Still reckon we wont get much. Swanley seems to be a dead zone when it comes to snow.
    Unless we get a Thames Streamer.
    That does seem to be true. Over the years I have on a number of occasions came past a snow covered West Kingstown, to arrive in a bone dry Swanley.
    Micro climate..... 
  • Curb_It said:
    Very pretty.

Some serious snow in NY.  13 inches in Central Park.  

As soon as I wrote inches I immediately thought here comes Mehmet!
    Bit cold for dogging!!
  • Curb_It said:
    Very pretty.

Some serious snow in NY.  13 inches in Central Park.  

As soon as I wrote inches I immediately thought here comes Mehmet!

It’s got to the point that I see snow falling, and automatically think of innuendos and Kenneth Williams 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021

• Think they are getting worried round our way 😀

imagethumbpng62db7a55c92d035af8199dc29944f83dpng

• Is that Steve Gritting?
  • 2 days heavy snow forecast around Kent starting early hours of this morning. 

It is, of course, RAINING 
  • Light snow here in Weatcombe Park, been snowing for about an hour after raining all night: 

hope it stops for a bit soon as hoping to walk the dogs in the dry. The old dog doesn’t like the wet. 
  • Maybe I am imagining it, I know your mind plays tricks, but I'm sure we used to get a lot more snow.
    I was remembering this morning all the places me and my mates/family used to go sledging as kids. Greenwich Park obviously the hill by the observatory- I think that's all fenced off now so probably don't allow kids on there anymore. Hilly Fields in Ladywell was good as was the park next to Horniman Museum. There was a massive park in Eltham that I forget the name but that used to get really busy. Rotherhithe had a decent hill next to a little church and at the bottom of the hill was basically a brick wall and then the Thames so you had to jump off before hitting the wall.
    I'm just thinking about all the places I know now as an adult and really hoping for a few inches of snow😀 for the kids sake obviously 

• 2 days heavy snow forecast around Kent starting early hours of this morning. 

It is, of course, RAINING 

It's snowing a little further south in Folkestone.
  • Been snowing in Dartford for over an hour now, very fine flakes, just started to lay on cars and roofs.
  • Light snow near Swanley. Too wet to settle at the moment but the wind is getting up. Any more drop in temperature and I recon it could pile up :smile:
  • There used to be a guy/girl on here who posted very good snow forecasting...do they no longer post?
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe I am imagining it, I know your mind plays tricks, but I'm sure we used to get a lot more snow.
    I was remembering this morning all the places me and my mates/family used to go sledging as kids. Greenwich Park obviously the hill by the observatory- I think that's all fenced off now so probably don't allow kids on there anymore. Hilly Fields in Ladywell was good as was the park next to Horniman Museum. There was a massive park in Eltham that I forget the name but that used to get really busy. Rotherhithe had a decent hill next to a little church and at the bottom of the hill was basically a brick wall and then the Thames so you had to jump off before hitting the wall.
    I'm just thinking about all the places I know now as an adult and really hoping for a few inches of snow😀 for the kids sake obviously 

castle wood in eltham probably
  • Light snow near Swanley. Too wet to settle at the moment but the wind is getting up. Any more drop in temperature and I recon it could pile up :smile:
    Are you a bit of a snow lover like me?
  • Sleet in Romford but it is so wet not settling 
  • They've cancelled most of the trains in Kent before a flake had so much as fell upon a station roof
    More of a wine lover   :smiley:
  • Snowing, but not settling, in Sittingbourne. 
  • Light snow and setting in Mereworth.
  • Disappointing not to wake up to a snowy scene in Maidstone, but it is snowing quite heavily now. Not that much settling on the paths yet, but it is settling everywhere else.
    Yes! I love snow. It's settling on the trees and roof tops here now but not the ground yet. Time to dig out my old tray :smile:
  • Light snow and setting in Mereworth.
    Is that near seven mile lane? Nice pub nearby I remember.