Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Only Desire Magazine (New Charlton Fanzine)

Comments

• Options
    I’m still waiting for my MOD. Anyone else?
  • Options
    Great to hear that copies arrived soon after ordering.

When I read that the January issue of Valley Review was on sale, I ordered one....checked that was on 24th December.

And I'm still waiting.....
    I ordered the Valley Review around about the 13th Jan and received by 18th. 
    I ordered the Valley Review on the 7th and It came on the 23rd, which has been about typical with every issue this season. In this case I chased it last Monday and it was finally posted on Wednesday, second class. I understand they are only going in alternate days to post out, and clearly Royal Mail have their own issues, but there’s obviously something very wrong with the club’s system too.

We’ve only had major delivery problems with the December VOTV - the latest one has been pretty good.

I keep meaning to chase it up but unless I'm more doolally than I thought, I can't find any contact details for either a phone call or email. 

Do I contact the Club shop, please, Airman ? 
  • Options

When I read that the January issue of Valley Review was on sale, I ordered one....checked that was on 24th December.

I ordered the Valley Review on the 7th and It came on the 23rd, which has been about typical with every issue this season. In this case I chased it last Monday and it was finally posted on Wednesday, second class. I understand they are only going in alternate days to post out, and clearly Royal Mail have their own issues, but there’s obviously something very wrong with the club’s system too.

We’ve only had major delivery problems with the December VOTV - the latest one has been pretty good.

I keep meaning to chase it up but unless I'm more doolally than I thought, I can't find any contact details for either a phone call or email. 

Ticket office.
  • Options

Ticket office.
    Ah, thanks.
  • Options
    I really liked MOD. Only comment is that most of the writers CAFC memories only seem to date from Premier League days. The Great Danes article missed out Ostergaard and Jacobsen. Nevertheless great graphics and very good mag.
    And missing from the Premiership era, Stephan Andersen.
  • Options
    Purchased.
  • Options
    If anyone from the magazine posts on here, I have been trying to order a copy since 16th January but the website does not like my postcode no matter what format or browser I try it in.
    Also there is no link from your website for contact
  • Options
    Email listed as modmagazine@icloud.com
    or via @modmag1905 on Twitter. 
  • Options
    really enjoying it. some really well written articles. even one about the Franz Beckenbauer of Iran Mr Bagheri. 

I don't know if it will last but it has its place alongside the Voice of the valley. different design as well which gives it a modern feel. 

i just cant believe in this day and age that we have 2 fanzines now. once goodbye horse went i thought this doesn't look good. and even the Voice went which seemed the end of fanzines but then it came back with renewed purpose.

Long may them both continue. 
  • Options
    Think it’s a bit pricey at £4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fear the well may run dry on content in only a few issues.

No one but Grapevine has that much to say about Charlton!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I really liked MOD. Only comment is that most of the writers CAFC memories only seem to date from Premier League days. The Great Danes article missed out Ostergaard and Jacobsen. Nevertheless great graphics and very good mag.
    Ostergaard and Jacobsen were the first of our Great Danes.

They made a big news event at Charlton at the time of their signing.  I wonder why they were forgotten?

Probably because they weren't great. 
    Yeah, with hindsight. But they were decent enough for the level we were then playing at.

But there was plenty of fanfare at the time - and they had made their mark for a while at Charlton, a couple of years before Allan Simonsen signed.
    My generation of fans still talk about them today - so they had an impact.

Neither of them were good enough, even for the dreadful team that finished bottom of the division in 79/80. Ostergaard was very ponderous, Jacobsen was too lightweight. To be fair, they came into a squad bereft of confidence and ability, so it can't have been easy for them.
  • Options
    I'm impressed with the quality of the writing and the topics covered.  I won't be giving up VoTV so I may end up getting both.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I know the bloke who's behind it, years spent in the press. He seems very passionate about it. Bearing in mind most magazines in Smith's are £8 and 50% adverts. £4 isn't a lot of money, less than the price of a big mac meal.
    We should support these publications. 
    To be fair I haven’t bought a Newspaper/Magazine other than Private Eye £2 in years, so have no idea what the going rate is?

What I was surprised at when taking mod from the envelope is that it felt lightweight, in comparison to VOTV. And perhaps influenced my initial comment about being ‘Pricey.’
  • Options
    Just finished no. 2 ... if you thought the first one was good, this is head and shoulders above. 

Superb articles on Mark Fish, Bowyer and Adkins, Jonny Williams, the DNA of protest at Charlton, and many more. 

Highly recommended. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Just finished no. 2 ... if you thought the first one was good, this is head and shoulders above. 

Superb articles on Mark Fish, Bowyer and Adkins, Jonny Williams, the DNA of protest at Charlton, and many more. 

Highly recommended. 
    I agree - second one is really good. I loved the unusual picture of the Valley - very atmospheric I thought and not your usual shot. Well done all involved.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Bought the first one and said I would buy again, which I did. Glad I did as it was first class. There is even a little glimspe of my boy on the inside cover photo so I got extra joy in being able to mock him about it!

Well done Mod Mag team 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Highly recommended. 
    Totally agree.

Only saw it had been published by chance. Be good if the publishers (who seem to be keeping a low profile) could give it a bit more publicity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They’re not interested in selling to those who bought the first one. I’ve had no contact that I’m aware of and only just saw on here it’s got a second issue.

• Options
    Yes, odd that there's no publicity, bought the first and will buy the second. 
  • Options
    ordered mine earlier thanks to this thread. it does say as you checkout if you want any publicity/marketing emails from them. maybe that's why they haven't been in contact. 
  • Options
    Could some one please let me know where can I purchase one? 
  • Options
    that Bow Selectar badge aged well...
  • Options
    Just bought it. Ticked the marketing info box. So hopefully I’ll be in the know for future issues.
  • Options
    Got issue 2 last week and read some of it - it’s very good (again). Nice piece from @Weegie Addick on the 1998 play final.