Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Memorial for Seb Lewis

Information on progress with the creation of a memorial to Seb Lewis at The Valley and how you can contribute to fundraising:

https://www.castrust.org/2021/03/help-fund-a-memorial-to-seb-lewis/

Comments

• Great idea, well done.
  • Just donated, what a great idea.
  • really like the idea of the mosaic 
  • This is really good news. The mosaic and site are perfect.
  • edited March 25
    Brilliant idea for all to be able to see and remember Seb.
    I always thought a statue in a seat was impractical. Donated.

• Prefer this idea to a statue, regardless of cost.

Hope it happens
  • In the first hour, donations have reached £1,270, a quarter of the way to the target of £5,200. Thank you.
  • Thats a great idea, will donate tonight
  • Great idea. Will donate now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Donated.

Seb - Never forgotten.
  • Thanks for the update. The mosaic is a great idea. 
  • I presume it will be made so that it can be movable easily enough when ground renovations or whatever take place in the future .
  • I knew Seb pretty well, massive loss for the club. I'm sure I'll never see another fan like him in my lifetime.
    Stature great, mosaic great, but in in my opinion, the positioning is a poor choice.  A more obvious choice would be inside the stadium, maybe the wall where he hung his flag.
  • Good news. Saw the below on Facebook - @castrust it would be good to hear more if possible?

• Donated, fabulous idea
  • PopIcon said:
    I knew Seb pretty well, massive loss for the club. I'm sure I'll never see another fan like him in my lifetime.
    Stature great, mosaic great, but in in my opinion, the positioning is a poor choice.  A more obvious choice would be inside the stadium, maybe the wall where he hung his flag.
    That was our original idea. We wanted Seb to be able to see the pitch, but it wasn't practical.
    It isn't a wall. It is a metal fence which would expand and contract with heat. There would need to be a frame to overcome that and the outcome would be that the whole thing would protrude too far into the gangway. 
  • Brilliant idea this, a perfect tribute to Seb, well done to all involved. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What a mental year it has been. Fitting tribute to the biggest fan of us all. RIP Seb
  • Passed £3K just after 3pm, great going so far!
  • Donated. Pleased to do so but very sad too.
  • Brilliant, touching and grateful to have been given the opportunity to donate. Thanks to organisers and RIP Seb x
  • Feel honoured to be able to donate in some small way to help celebrate our Seb! RIP young man. 
  • £50 on way
  • PopIcon said:
    I knew Seb pretty well, massive loss for the club. I'm sure I'll never see another fan like him in my lifetime.
    Maybe - but more people can see it outside can't they. 
  • Donated. Reassuringly saw my cousin has also donated. "Hi Christian"
    Let's hope life returns to normal so that we can all get back to doing what Seb loved.