Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungary no more

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    If the Birmingham May money is somehow used as the leverage to get Dobson to stay then I see that as some mitigation, but not as a get out for Scott.
    It’s the hope that gets you.

More Eltham born boxer etc Leslie Townes than ‘No Hope’ is my guess though…
  • Options
    Slovenia …. Training camp Charlton

Slovenia …. Training camp George Dobson

Beat me to it seen above quotes 

Funny old game football
  • Options
    I dont see Dobbo playing ahead of Menyhart Zsombor. Will Dobbo be happy playing second fiddle?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I agree it is all very very strange ! no farewell message from George, nothing from the club thanking him for his services and wishing him all the best at his new club. Something is off here. George has either left under bad circumstances or something is going on. Has he actually been seen at his new club yet ?

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/202324-end-season-squad-update

"Charlton Athletic can now confirm their end-of-season men’s first-team squad update following the conclusion of the 2023/24 campaign.....

....Charlton made a number of contract offers to George Dobson pre and post Christmas. The midfielder has signed a pre-contract agreement with Hungarian club Fehérvár. ....

In particular, the club would like to thank George Dobson, who has played 144 games for Charlton since joining in 2021. He's given his all for the club in every training session and every game and everyone at the club wishes him all the best in Hungary."
  • Options
    I dont see Dobbo playing ahead of Menyhart Zsombor. Will Dobbo be happy playing second fiddle?
    Neither do I, Zsombor is a fantastic player.......
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    If the Birmingham May money is somehow used as the leverage to get Dobson to stay then I see that as some mitigation, but not as a get out for Scott.

Egh……????
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Our football club really is like no other!  For better or worse.....I just can't imagine a club with as much drama as we have :-)
    It's an embarrassing circus.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Egh……????
    I would explain but there are two hopes of that happening…
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Egh……????
    Bob Hope and no Hope
  • Options
    Loosely translated from fehevar life 
    "Anyway, Dobson 12 can have a dozen players approx. However, even at our level, there should be no bloodshed if a player from an English 3rd-line relegated team turns back for some reason."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is leaving, as I know to Tatabanya.
  • Options
    Is he leaving fehevar before actually joining then? 
  • Options
    I appreciate that I'm going against most peoples opinions here but the one thing that would make me forget the madness of selling Alfie would be somehow keeping Dobbo !!!!
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Think he means Zsombor is leaving mate
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Think he means Zsombor is leaving mate
    Yes.
  • Options
    So, where is Dobbo? 
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Jim Rodwell's answer to Charlotte's question regarding Dobbo was a little strange, when he spoke about how the situation arose (which we knew anyway) but he then went on to emphasize a couple of times that "I told George that he's always welcome back at Charlton".
    I'm probably just clutching at straws, but it seemed that Rodwell was sending out a message that he couldn't elaborate on.
  • Options

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Off Twitter, so no idea how trustworthy it is @Vjacheslav ?? -

And round and round we go.
  • Options
    A second tier Hungarian club!
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Off Twitter, so no idea how trustworthy it is @Vjacheslav ?? -

And round and round we go.
  • Options
    Say that again
  • Options
    It's chalk and cheese between how we and the Hungarian club handled this. The above post isn't far away at all.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    It's chalk and cheese between how we and the Hungarian club handled this. The above post isn't far away at all.
    So Dobbo pulled out for family reasons and is no longer in Hungary?
  • Options
    Just when you think it's over....