Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungary no more

Comments

• Options
    Have that one on the house @YTS1978 😉
  • Options
    My favourite Dobbo moment was the Christmas video when he couldn't decide what was his favourite part of Christmas dinner.  Always makes me smile thinking about his troubled face.
  • Options
    The only person who decided to leave the club is Dobson himself , if the club have blocked it it’s clear they still want to him to stay  , if they didn’t why offer him a new deal and 2 years with an option of one more … would have just said he free to go when his contract runs out , why the club suddenly happy to lose transfer fee  on a player they don’t want ?????? …. To me this is Dobson not really knowing what he wants and most likey his agent ( go back to what his dad told a number of fans ) nothing to do with money George very happy to stay just wants 3 year deal … 

You wouldn't think it possible that someone can misunderstand everything. 
  • Options
    The only person who decided to leave the club is Dobson himself , if the club have blocked it it’s clear they still want to him to stay  , if they didn’t why offer him a new deal and 2 years with an option of one more … would have just said he free to go when his contract runs out , why the club suddenly happy to lose transfer fee  on a player they don’t want ?????? …. To me this is Dobson not really knowing what he wants and most likey his agent ( go back to what his dad told a number of fans ) nothing to do with money George very happy to stay just wants 3 year deal … 

Oh yes you could if it is him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, it seems like someone at the club who actually understands football, has realised how important Dobson could be in a relegation fight and has stood their ground. Thank Christ. 

Some of the comments not understanding the move to Hungary are quite amusing for me. 

Videoton/Fehervar have been competing in Europe and getting results/competing in recent years against the likes of: Chelsea, Ludogrets, Malmo, AEK Athens, Partizan, PAOK, Bordeaux, Reims, Köln. Do you genuinely not understand how bad the likes of those clubs would smash us to fkn pieces on the pitch 😂 Play league 1 footie surrounded by players who look like they've won a competition and don't put in half the effort you do, or, join a team that competes to win their league and is willing to pay you a very fair wage in a nice country. What a decision.

Suspect it's the people with the same view that Rangers wasn't a big move at the time for Aribo. It's a brilliant move for Dobson at this stage of his career. 

When it's all said and done, he will be able to say he played European football for one of the best teams in a different country, OR he could say, he scraped by, year after year for a club that's been mismanaged by absolute crooks in League 1. 

In an ideal world, he would have stayed, and he would have been one of the main people in charge of a promotion challenging team. Unfortunately, getting a senior role at Charlton is the easiest job application in the world apparently, and his situation has been completely mismanaged. 

Good luck to Dobson. I hope he can help keep us in this poxy league for another year, and we can wipe the stains from the club that currently have far too much say, next season. 👍🏻

Thank you for this. So many good memories, and trips.
    All good, thanks for signing up and sharing your views as a Fehervar fan. 

I plan on doing a lot of travelling in the near future, and provided Dobson does end up at your club, I'll be sure to go and watch a game there when I visit Hungary 👍🏻

If you do end up with him, you genuinely have a brilliant player for your club, and he will shine surrounded by better players imo. I hope he gets the platform he deserves, I am genuinely gutted that it isn't going to be with us.
    "Better players", you might be surprised at the standard out there.
  • Options

The clue is in the name. Say it over and over again.
  • Options
    edited February 11
    Well, it seems like someone at the club who actually understands football, has realised how important Dobson could be in a relegation fight and has stood their ground. Thank Christ. 

Some of the comments not understanding the move to Hungary are quite amusing for me. 

Videoton/Fehervar have been competing in Europe and getting results/competing in recent years against the likes of: Chelsea, Ludogrets, Malmo, AEK Athens, Partizan, PAOK, Bordeaux, Reims, Köln. Do you genuinely not understand how bad the likes of those clubs would smash us to fkn pieces on the pitch 😂 Play league 1 footie surrounded by players who look like they've won a competition and don't put in half the effort you do, or, join a team that competes to win their league and is willing to pay you a very fair wage in a nice country. What a decision.

Suspect it's the people with the same view that Rangers wasn't a big move at the time for Aribo. It's a brilliant move for Dobson at this stage of his career. 

When it's all said and done, he will be able to say he played European football for one of the best teams in a different country, OR he could say, he scraped by, year after year for a club that's been mismanaged by absolute crooks in League 1. 

In an ideal world, he would have stayed, and he would have been one of the main people in charge of a promotion challenging team. Unfortunately, getting a senior role at Charlton is the easiest job application in the world apparently, and his situation has been completely mismanaged. 

Good luck to Dobson. I hope he can help keep us in this poxy league for another year, and we can wipe the stains from the club that currently have far too much say, next season. 👍🏻

I plan on doing a lot of travelling in the near future, and provided Dobson does end up at your club, I'll be sure to go and watch a game there when I visit Hungary 👍🏻

If you do end up with him, you genuinely have a brilliant player for your club, and he will shine surrounded by better players imo. I hope he gets the platform he deserves, I am genuinely gutted that it isn't going to be with us.
    I don't think I will be tbh, I can take a look at some of the results they've achieved, and watch my team struggle against the likes of Northampton, Port Vale, Burton and Carlisle, and assume the football is of a higher quality. Hungarian football is probably at it's best it's been in a long time right now and producing some very decent talents, a lot of which finding themselves competing for sides in the Bundesliga.

If we can't beat the teams I've mentioned this season, there's no doubt in my mind that these top flight European teams would shred us to pieces, and employ a much higher standard of footballer than what we watch most of the time. 

Aberdeen sit 9th in the Scottish prem and made us look like part timers in pre-season. 
  • Options
    Nathan Jones said he is injured and will be assessed tomorrow,if that is not the case,then Jones is on very dangerous ground lying to the fans in his first week in charge.
    Well it was reported he's having a medical tomorrow and he may have had a little graze so it's plausibly true.
    But that was the medical in Hungary which is routine, and presumably won’t now happen.

There is no way the club can just gloss over this. It is such a shitshow, which has completely trashed a fairly decent uptick in sentiment leading up to the Reading game, that a very clear announcement about Dobbo and Fehervar is necessary. Anything less is taking the piss.
    It was a joke!
  • Options
    red10 said:
    Car crash of a club to let CBT and Dobbo go at a very critical / pivotal time for our battle. Must be as thick as bricks imho.
    Especially when we keep being told money is not an issue and we could have signed JCH or Collins. 
    But an extra £25k/£50K pa is too much for Dobson. 
    Hopefully, that last sentence was only ever according to Scott and no-one of any importance 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I don't believe pre contracts are legally binding. Based on the above, I reckon there's a deal to be done if Scott goes and Jones wants him.
    Blake Morgan Lawyers say .. 

Document Content: There is no rule that a Pre-Contract Document’s title prevents it from being a legally enforceable contract. Therefore the interpretation of the wording in the body of the Pre-Contract Document will also be a key factor in determining whether it is intended to have legal effect. Consideration would need to be made as to whether all elements of a legally enforceable contract are present, i.e. offer, acceptance, consideration, etc. If all elements are present the Pre-Contract Document may be considered legally binding despite its title suggesting otherwise.

In order to rebut the presumption that a Pre-Contract Document is intended to create a legally binding effect the parties would need to produce clear evidence that the Pre-Contract Document is not intended to create a legal relationship. However, the parties may need or want some elements of a Pre-Contract Document to be binding, such as obligations of confidentiality, allocation of costs for negotiations/document preparation, etc. If this is the case, the Pre-Contract Document needs to be clear on what is and what is not intended to have legal effect. A carefully drafted Pre-Contract Document can achieve this as well as satisfying the need to clarify the position of the parties before a final contract is signed.

Finally, and on a more commercial note, where a carefully drafted Pre-Contract Document does not create legally binding obligations there is still a practical risk that once signed it may be difficult, practically or morally, to re-negotiate any terms if during final contract negotiations an issue arises that may not have been considered at the outset.

SOOOOOO all depends on the smallest of small print it seems 

Yeh, but I wouldn't f@ck with the Hungarian mafia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The whole situation is baffling, and the leaking of information isn't helping either.

Did Scott want Dobson to stay or not, and for that matter did Appleton rate him? After they brought in Coventry and Bakinson in January, plus with Camara and Taylor to return, if they didn't want him here next season, then why make him an offer at all? Was Coventry the right midfielder to bring in if Dobson stays, rather than a No 10?

And why did he then sign with a Hungarian side, rather than wait until the summer? And was the initial contact from Hungary for next season or for a February transfer? Was it the Hungarians pushing for a February deal, the player or Scott? 

And who then cancelled the February move?
  • Options

I don't think I will be tbh, I can take a look at some of the results they've achieved, and watch my team struggle against the likes of Northampton, Port Vale, Burton and Carlisle, and assume the football is of a higher quality. Hungarian football is probably at it's best it's been in a long time right now and producing some very decent talents, a lot of which finding themselves competing for sides in the Bundesliga.

If we can't beat the teams I've mentioned this season, there's no doubt in my mind that these top flight European teams would shred us to pieces, and employ a much higher standard of footballer than what we watch most of the time. 

Aberdeen sit 9th in the Scottish prem and made us look like part timers in pre-season. 
    I was not comparing them to us.  I was talking about Hungarian football in general.
  • Options
    The whole situation is baffling, and the leaking of information isn't helping either.

Did Scott want Dobson to stay or not, and for that matter did Appleton rate him? After they brought in Coventry and Bakinson in January, plus with Camara and Taylor to return, if they didn't want him here next season, then why make him an offer at all? Was Coventry the right midfielder to bring in if Dobson stays, rather than a No 10?

And why did he then sign with a Hungarian side, rather than wait until the summer? And was the initial contact from Hungary for next season or for a February transfer? Was it the Hungarians pushing for a February deal, the player or Scott? 

I’m with you - I don’t want Dobbo to leave, but some of the accepted narrative doesn’t make sense. If Scott didn’t want him here, why would he offer an improved contract. Surely he’s not so worried about letting his contact lapse that he was playing a PR game, saying we offered an improved contract but he had a better offer, which he did. 

I doubt we’ll ever know the facts unless someone wants to leak the actual contracts. 
  • Options

I’m assuming we made an offer because we were happy to have him here as a squad player but didn’t offer what Dobbo wanted because that’s all we saw him as, a squad player and not a regular in a team aiming for top six.

Now whether you (not you specifically btw) agree with that or not is dependant on how you view Dobbo and his ability. I’m assuming the club will argue that they have made their best offer because by offering more will mean they will have to offer less to a player they will want to bring in who they see as being more valuable to us going forward.

Dobbo obviously thinks he is worth more than we are offering, especially if he knows lesser players are actually earning more. Also, he has a greater offer from elsewhere and there is no way we could, or even should, match that rumoured offer of 10k/12k pw. It’s Dobson’s prerogative to accept our offer or move on.

Why he would choose to accept an offer from Hungary is what confuses me? Even if he hasn’t had contact from any other club to date, which I doubt, then surely you’d sit tight until the summer and see what your choices are then. At worst you’d get an offer from another League One club and even then our offer is likely to still be on the table. The cynic in me says he’s taken the highest offer on the table.

I think it was the Hungarians pushing for a February transfer and we agreed because a fee of some sort was on the table. However, someone our end, probably Jones, has realised we bloody well need him and our chances of avoiding relegation are much greater with him than they are without him. However, why has it taken until now to realise that and us renege on the agreement with the Hungarians.

It’s a shit show all round, has been extremely badly handled and somewhere a head needs to roll.

And I still think he could leave by Wednesday.
  • Options

I’m assuming we made an offer because we were happy to have him here as a squad player but didn’t offer what Dobbo wanted because that’s all we saw him as, a squad player and not a regular in a team aiming for top six.

Now whether you (not you specifically btw) agree with that or not is dependant on how you view Dobbo and his ability. I’m assuming the club will argue that they have made their best offer because by offering more will mean they will have to offer less to a player they will want to bring in who they see as being more valuable to us going forward.

Dobbo obviously thinks he is worth more than we are offering, especially if he knows lesser players are actually earning more. Also, he has a greater offer from elsewhere and there is no way we could, or even should, match that rumoured offer of 10k/12k pw. It’s Dobson’s prerogative to accept our offer or move on.

Why he would choose to accept an offer from Hungary is what confuses me? Even if he hasn’t had contact from any other club to date, which I doubt, then surely you’d sit tight until the summer and see what your choices are then. At worst you’d get an offer from another League One club and even then our offer is likely to still be on the table. The cynic in me says he’s taken the highest offer on the table.

I think it was the Hungarians pushing for a February transfer and we agreed because a fee of some sort was on the table. However, someone our end, probably Jones, has realised we bloody well need him and our chances of avoiding relegation are much greater with him than they are without him. However, why has it taken until now to realise that and us renege on the agreement with the Hungarians.

It’s a shit show all round, has been extremely badly handled and somewhere a head needs to roll.

And I still think he could leave by Wednesday.
    Surely you answered your own question?
    How could Jones have insisted Dobson stayed when he was only recently appointed? 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    My favourite Dobbo moment was the Christmas video when he couldn't decide what was his favourite part of Christmas dinner.  Always makes me smile thinking about his troubled face.
    The earnestness that he took all of the ub media videos with was a damn delight. He took that shit seriously and I love him for it.