Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daniel Kanu - new contract to 2027 (p13)

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    His attitude and effort are second to none but I’m not convinced he’s quite there for a promotion push starter just yet 
    Real strong play and a slash at the ball that deflects kindly in to Alfie’s path for the first , Kanu even had his head in his hands after that but at least he has a go , you don’t buy a ticket you can’t win the lottery and his goal from Alfie’s pass was well taken eventually but was his second attempt at it cos he’d swiped and missed the first .
    Hopefully he can keep on improving as he has pushed on loads this season 
    He’s probably ahead of where we expected him to be in terms of development (I doubt when the season started that we expected him to be a first XI striker before Easter). 

Next season will be an interesting one as he’s too good to be loaned out, but as you say I’m not sure we’re ready to put our promotion hopes on him just yet. That being said there’s enough football over a L1 season that we’ll need three or four strikers, all of whom will likely get a decent amount of game time and he can certainly be one of that group.   
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Could have been further ahead if we hadn't faffed around with Tedic for half a season.
    I had totally forgetton about Tedic. Awful player.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    His attitude and effort are second to none but I’m not convinced he’s quite there for a promotion push starter just yet 
    Real strong play and a slash at the ball that deflects kindly in to Alfie’s path for the first , Kanu even had his head in his hands after that but at least he has a go , you don’t buy a ticket you can’t win the lottery and his goal from Alfie’s pass was well taken eventually but was his second attempt at it cos he’d swiped and missed the first .
    Hopefully he can keep on improving as he has pushed on loads this season 
    He’s probably ahead of where we expected him to be in terms of development (I doubt when the season started that we expected him to be a first XI striker before Easter). 

Next season will be an interesting one as he’s too good to be loaned out, but as you say I’m not sure we’re ready to put our promotion hopes on him just yet. That being said there’s enough football over a L1 season that we’ll need three or four strikers, all of whom will likely get a decent amount of game time and he can certainly be one of that group.   
    The amount of pressing our main strikers have been doing under Jones, no way will they be able to play every 90 of every game. There will need to be rotation and good use of the subs bench.

And it's not just about the individual strikers, it's also about the combinations. May and Kanu are working together very well, far better than May and Ladapo for example.
  • Options
    They used to car share until Alfie moved into his new place so obviously there’s a bit of a bond there 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Be great to see him reach 10 goals this season.

Shame can't find his header that hit the post as it looked a great leap (with a push from the CBs of course).
    It is on the ten minute highlights I sourced from the official site.
    Maybe it is only for subscribers or something.
  • Options
    DK 100% stays in this team, on effort alone he has earned his right. He is young has bundles of energy and under NJ he will thrive and show significant improvement. I think he is entering a stage where given the right coaching this young lad is gonna be one hell of a player!
    This also shows these young players coming through deserve every chance, Kanu and May next year will be massive for us! One really good addition up top will get us into the playoffs, albeit plug the leaky defence. I am very optimistic for next season. Just a footnote keep playing Karoy, he has already shown what he is capable of, with NJ pushing him in the right direct he be the next Aribo or even better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m not even sure it is about improvement so much as adjustment.
  • Options
    Introduction 
    Adjustment
    Improvement

• Options
    great news, let's get all our young treasures signed to long deals
  • Options
    Brilliant interview. What a lovely lad! 
  • Options
    What an absolutely cracking lad.
  • Options
    PMSL at the shot at roughly 7:05 where they've obviously told him to look mean and moody, and it takes him 2 goes.
  • Options
    Great lad, great player and will have a great future if he continues like this

And he’s seriously intelligent too so will have a great career either way I expect!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How nice a person is this young man. It can’t fail to be a big factor in his development. And what a credit to our Academy.
  • Options
    Great lad, great interview. (It's 8 mins if anyone is wondering).
  • Options
    He said that his first exposure to football as a child was his dad taking him out to do some exercise instead of playing on the Nintendo Wii all day and I suddenly felt very old.