Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daniel Kanu - new contract to 2027 (p13)

Comments

• Options
    Great, was a bit worried about him going... Kid seems a real talent
  • Options
    It means we can get a decent fee for him now .. but contracts mean nothing once he gets the pound signs in his eyes he will be off … with another very happy agent … and people can moan but there nothing the club can do ….. until the club gets the power back from player and agent it’s always going to happen 
    Progress on the pitch starting with getting back into the Championship then we’ll be more attractive, will offer better contracts and give players more reasons to stay. While we’re mid table in L1 young players don’t have a reason to stay.
  • Options
    Only 2024??  More proof that Thomas is skint /sarcasm

Great news, just the normal roller coaster week at Charlton. 
  • Options
    This was an absolute necessity. We have to protect our interests.

It is good to see common sense decisions being made in the best interests of the club again.  Well done TS, SG & JJ.

I look forward to seeing him in the first team; hopefully helping to fire us to promotion next season!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Great news, so glad we’ve got him on a pro deal so he can’t be stolen for nothing. 

The only concern is that by the time he makes his debut, he’ll probably have less than a year to run on his contract. 
  • Options
    We should get a decent 12-18 months out of him at least. If he cuts it, he will move on for a decent fee and our blessing. More money then available to reinvest in the squad.

Good news all around.
  • Options
    Great news, so glad we’ve got him on a pro deal so he can’t be stolen for nothing. 

The only concern is that by the time he makes his debut, he’ll probably have less than a year to run on his contract. 
    If he doesn't make his debut this season, he'll surely get game time in the Pizza Cup next season
  • Options
    Stick him on the bench by the end of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope Chelsea youngster Mason Burstow enjoys linking back up with the U23 squad, there's a new striker in town
  • Options
    Great news I think this kid will be a top player.
  • Options
    Jason Adigun next please by the sounds of things Thomas
    100%.
  • Options
    As we currently have 6 loans Kanu now has a better chance of making the bench. Even more so with Stockley’s injury and doubts over Aneke’s fitness.
  • Options
    Great news, if only Roland had the sense to do similar we might not be in the position we are right now 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    It means we can get a decent fee for him now .. but contracts mean nothing once he gets the pound signs in his eyes he will be off … with another very happy agent … and people can moan but there nothing the club can do ….. until the club gets the power back from player and agent it’s always going to happen 
    Well the club has the power now until 2024, quite what more you want I don't know.
    What power … look at Mason Burstow 
  • Options
    Sure Chelsea are watching him and he will see what his mate has achieved !
    but good luck while you are here.
    Maybe Chelsea signed burstow to offer him back as part of the Kanu deal. Clever chelsea 😂
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    shine166 said:
    Well the club has the power now until 2024, quite what more you want I don't know.
    What power … look at Mason Burstow 
    WE decided to accept a very good offer, the owners own words. 

Stop moaning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news, hope he gets his head down and keeps working hard 
  • Options
    Brilliant news, thanks Thomas and all concerned in making this happen.
  • Options
    He scores when he wants, 
    He scores when he wants,
    Daniel Kanu, scores when he wants! 
  • Options
    Brilliant news, well done the club. 
  • Options
    Why has Sandgaard only signed one of the U18s?

Too skint to sign them all up, obviously.
  • Options
    Great news, well done Thomas and all involved, this is a great advert for The Academy and is only the tip of the iceberg, Adigun, Campbell, Anderson, Bower, and of course that well know name Leaburn...all great prospects, and need signing to similar contracts if not already done.. B)
  • Options
    Sure Chelsea are watching him and he will see what his mate has achieved !
    but good luck while you are here.
    I'd imagine every decent top level scout in the country already knows about him, especially given he has played and scored against a lot of top sides this season. 

I just hope the contract doesn't have a Gomez style release clause fee in there.
  • Options
    Great news.
    And if this season is a dead duck as most of us think I'd get him in the first team sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    iaitch said:
    Deal until 2024 or whenever Chelsea come calling.

August 22 I would imagine.

Well done Thomas Sandgaard for at least making sure he won't just go for the pittance that Ged Roddy put his signature too with the Categories.
    Also Joe Aribo walking 500 miles to  Scotland as he wasn't offered the new contract as soon as he made his debut.
    Pre Sandgaard so history now.

Can we change the heading to Daniel Kanu or otherwise he will end up like Boy George; being called young Kanu at 60.