Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daniel Kanu - new contract to 2027 (p13)

Comments

• Options
    Thought we would wait until after the paint trophy game on Tuesday, but by sending him on loan today we are already 14+ days into the loan spell before Reading. Just in case Aneke gets injured.
  • Options
    I hope this move is a resounding success for everybody involved. I hope Southend United will look after him, and he them.
  • Options
    Good loan for him.
  • Options
    I feel that this move signifies the hope that the senior management have in Chucks and Leaburn to stay fit this season which is really promising from a fans perspective.
  • Options
    Good move for him, i hope he does really well there as Southend are more than capable of making the play offs even with their deduction.
  • Options
    I feel that this move signifies the hope that the senior management have in Chucks and Leaburn to stay fit this season which is really promising from a fans perspective.
    We will probably bring him back if either get injured 
  • Options
    Wonder if it also means it frees up space for an experienced free transfer keeper in on a short term deal until Isted is back?
  • Options
    A couple of months ago I would have said he was too young/raw for a national league loan.

I think his early season form for us proved that he has "grown up" a bit from last season.  Selfishly I would rather he stayed here for the pizza cup but this is a great chance for him to do something similar to De Foe did at Bournemouth all those years ago.  Southend need a hero.

Could give Micky Apples a right selection head ache if he does that well mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is an excellent move for a number of reasons:

1. He is probably not quite ready for our first team yet, playing in front of a proper crowd for a decent team who I reckon will start motoring up the table will do him good and mean he should come back a more complete player.  I rate him highly.
    2. I like Southend and he will be superb for them imo
    3. It means that Patrick Casey can step up to the U23s which he needs for his development as he is clearly too strong for our U18's
    4. It is short term so if he really excels he comes back soon.

I think Kanu's contract is up this summer we should be looking to extend that asap.
  • Options
    He should score boat loads at that level... probably wouldve got a league two loan had everyone been fit in the window
  • Options
    Glad to see this. 
  • Options
    Good move for him. Should be a great atmosphere at Southend, having come back from the brink of extinction, which was a genuine possibility.

We don't need 5 strikers. Even with one of our current group injured we still have TC and Chem who can slot in the front 4 or indeed Fraser if we play 433 with 3 midfielders rather than 4231.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Good proactive move. He’s shown this season that he is ready, or very close to ready, for men’s football. He needs to be playing to build on that progress he’s obviously made over the close season. He’s not going to play here right now so makes sense to send him to the highest level we can to get some games. Bonus is that we can get him back if Chuks breaks down, or something, and an opportunity opens up for him here. If he does well at Southend, but our strikers stay fit and in form, then he could probably go to a League 2 club in January. Don’t really see anything not to like here. Fingers crossed he does well. 
  • Options
    Glad he has got a loan as despite his decent cameos for us, he's about a season or two away from the starting XI imo.

Should be a good move for both parties though, reckon Southend will really benefit as I thought he was ready for a league 2 loan even 

Two season away 🤦🏻‍♂️
    You can not be serious !
    When Aneke gets his next injury in a few weeks I would always have a goal scorer on the bench and Kanu with cameo 25 minutes including added time at home will score if he gets a decent service.
  • Options
    Glad he has got a loan as despite his decent cameos for us, he's about a season or two away from the starting XI imo.

Should be a good move for both parties though, reckon Southend will really benefit as I thought he was ready for a league 2 loan even 

Two season away 🤦🏻‍♂️
    You can not be serious !
    When Aneke gets his next injury in a few weeks I would always have a goal scorer on the bench and Kanu with cameo 25 minutes including added time at home will score if he gets a decent service.
    And he said starting 11.

I hope he is at least 2 seasons away from our starting 11 because next season I hope we are in the Championship amd Kanu has a long term contract and is on loan to a league 1 club.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Two season away 🤦🏻‍♂️
    You can not be serious !
    And he said starting 11.

I hope he is at least 2 seasons away from our starting 11 because next season I hope we are in the Championship amd Kanu has a long term contract and is on loan to a league 1 club.

Footballers make progress at different rates but goal scorers are like gold dust and I would've Daniel Kanu back in an instant from his loan if one of our fragile central strikers gets an injury.  

3 wins and 2 draws have taken us to 14th but let's take one game at a time(cliché) before the mystic Meg predictions.
  • Options
    Do you know if he is available to play for Southend tomorrow?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Two season away 🤦🏻‍♂️
    You can not be serious !
    And he said starting 11.

Footballers make progress at different rates but goal scorers are like gold dust and I would've Daniel Kanu back in an instant from his loan if one of our fragile central strikers gets an injury.  

3 wins and 2 draws have taken us to 14th but let's take one game at a time(cliché) before the mystic Meg predictions.
    I said I hope...

The big thing is get him on a long term contract and hope we and him hit the same high for two or three seasons out of the next 5.

Obviously the utopia would be he plays in our first team for 15 years scoring 20+ goals a season and we establish ourselves back in the Premier league.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Do you know if he is available to play for Southend tomorrow?

From the quotes from the Southend manager he's straight in tomorrow because they only have 16 players including him 
  • Options
    On the Bench 
  • Options
    Winning 0-1 Not Kanu
  • Options
    Southend 0-2 still not Kanu
  • Options
    He's only just come on... Started from the bench
  • Options
    Hope he does well till Jan then gets a L2 gig for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Hope he does well till Jan then gets a L2 gig for the rest of the season.
    Will he be allowed? - He's played for Charlton and Southend now, the limit is two clubs unless that's changed, or is different with Non-League sides