Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'Wimpy Charlton' says the Telegraphs Senior Sports Writer

In an article by Thom Gibbs regarding Premiership clubs 'DNA':

Crystal Palace

Supposed DNA

The team of the 80s (confusing, as they weren’t that good during them) south London and proud, bit fight-y but neither as rough as Millwall nor as wimpy as Charlton. Arguably the ultimate yo-yo club.

So are we going to let this obviously biased and misled reporter get away with slander on our great club?

Suggestions please for how we can re-educate him . . .

Comments

• Smash his flask and take the buttons of his cardy.
    It's Ben isn't it.
    I knew all along he was a wrongun 
  • Is he related to shatt_himself by any chance?
  • Well if he's missed that Palace have  a major try hard identity crisis over allegedly being South London it's not as if accuracy matters to him. But I guess Croydon and proud doesn't sound as good 
  • m_2 said:

Crystal Palace

Supposed DNA

The team of the 80s (confusing, as they weren’t that good during them) south London and proud, bit fight-y but neither as rough as Millwall nor as wimpy as Charlton. Arguably the ultimate yo-yo club.

So are we going to let this obviously biased and misled reporter get away with slander on our great club?

Suggestions please for how we can re-educate him . . .

Write a strongly worded letter to our local MP
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s Bromley based according to his Twitter so definitely has some sort of Palace allegiance. They all do over that way… :-)
  • Typical bollocks regurgitated by anyone associated with those drips.

Inferiority complex about every aspect of their being, so they rewrite their entire history.

• He is QPR, clearly a twat.
  • I've always preferred Burger King myself...🍔🍟
  • m_2 said:

Crystal Palace

The team of the 80s (confusing, as they weren’t that good during them) 

Perhaps you weren't around at that time, otherwise you would remember?

England international Terry Venables had just given up playing to be appointed Palace Manager.
    In his first season(1979), they won the old Second Division title with a very young side.

Promoted to the top League, they started the season unbeaten for a long stretch and went top of the table.

As usual the media fawned all over them, calling them the "Team of the 80s". 
    It was only 1979 lol

That was as good as it got. Then they got smashed by Liverpool and the wheels fell off.
    Relegated the next season. :smile:

• QPR are the most pointless club in London.
  • Struck a nerve though
  • A team that concedes regularly before half and full time. I'd say the journalist has actually done his homework?!

You don't need to defend all things Charlton. It doesn't make you more of a fan!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Telegraph, you say? 
  • I expect he means the burger 🍔 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    A man that supports QPR and looks like this can't really call any other team wimpy, in my opinion
    He's the senior sports writer for the telegraph?! 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    A man that supports QPR and looks like this can't really call any other team wimpy, in my opinion
    His wife's name is Wendy, a Scottish lass, known at school as 'Big Mac'.
  • Surely, it is up to the players to prove him wrong .................. at the moment unfortunately, they are proving him right
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    His wife's name is Wendy, a Scottish lass, known at school as 'Big Mac'.
    As I said, there’s a burger connection here!
  • https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/11/football-club-dna-definitive-guide/

It behind a paywall so whatever he says falls on deaf ears as far as I'm concerned.

Can a football club have DNA anyway?  If genetic instructions for the development, functioning and growth of a club were passed down the generations then we'd see very few promotion and relegations without the same constant yo-yo clubs. 

It's like saying that society has DNA and cannot change.

• edited January 2022
  • He’s right to be honest