Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    We for instance had a very hard time breaking down the low block.”
    Sorry, but I’ve no idea what this ‘low block’ is. 
    Is it the opposite of the high press?
    It’s what the goal tender does shortly after the line backer hits a home run.  Everyone knows that.

either that or TS is so full of shit he’s gonna paint himself orange and run for president…..
  • Low block  = Atletico Madrid 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    This nonsense of wanting Jacko to finish 8th after taking over in the bottom four just suggests TS never really wanted him. 
    8th was achievable. Just needed to try something different now and then rather than persist with the wrong players.
    With that team and those injuries he had zero chance of finishing 8th.  Whoever played in what formation we were not as good at any level than any of the top 10 teams in this division.
  • I'm gutted but I have been concerned with the rigid formation, team selections, lack of plan b during the game and general body language that doesn't show much positivity. 

I pigeon holed Jacko to be the refined and likeable version of Bowyer. If it was my dosh this summer, I'm not sure I'd like to end up next season with 6 wing backs and Gilbey. 

The rigid formation means that we would have had to be very rigid in the transfer market.
  • Not sure he is worse than the ESI pillocks we had, but all that stuff about how we should pay is as cringe-making as all the earlier stuff about Europe in 5 years. Oh well. 
  • MeerKat said:
    I would love Roy Keane. Would be the least Charlton appointment of all time.
    DOWIE????
  • Sponsored links:

• paulfox said:
    MeerKat said:
    DOWIE????
    Yeah that was as strange one as well. Still I reckon on par. 
  • Scoham said:
    This is the critical point, I would say that Jackson knows a lot more about how to get out of League One than a Danish medical instrument salesman.

Under both Powell and Bowyer we played with a target man (Yan and Lyle) and were very physical, often bullying teams into submission under Powell with sheer physicality with massive units like Taylor, Cort and Morrison.

Jackson knows this and understands that getting out of League One requires a certain style of play, Sangaard will have to find this out the hard way.
  • Scoham said:
    This is the critical point, I would say that Jackson knows a lot more about how to get out of League One than a Danish medical instrument salesman.

Under both Powell and Bowyer we played with a target man (Yan and Lyle) and were very physical, often bullying teams into submission under Powell with sheer physicality with massive units like Taylor, Cort and Morrison.

Jackson knows this and understands that getting out of League One requires a certain style of play, Sangaard will have to find this out the hard way.
    Or appoint a manager that can deliver both.
  • If TS wants a particular style of football, he needs to provide the money, structure and back room support to deliver it.  I am starting to think he his part of the problem and just blames others.
  • Very sad day for our club and for Jacko, this is not who we are as a club.

The combinations of Sandgaard’s parsimony and Nigel “I was a top manager ten years ago” Adkins incompetence killed our season by October.

Jackson picked up the pieces and did as well as you could expect given the train wreck he inherited, yes there were some bad days but there were more good ones as his record shows.

Bottom line? Sangaard has turned out to be the worst owner we have had since the wheels came off in 2007 with our relegation from the Premier League.

Sure, Roland was awful at first but eventually settled down a bit  and learned to keep away, but Sangaard keeps intervening and getting the big calls completely wrong, simply because the man knows absolutely nothing about football whatsoever.

Very, very sad day for our club and we need this guy out of the club before we can progress.

This fanbase 😂
  • Croydon said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Ridiculous, wasn’t given a fair crack of the whip, gutted for him, and us.

im on the edge of not renewing my ST, that I’ve held since 1992.

we really do have another clown at the helm…….
    Are you a Charlton fan or a Jackson fan?

Shamon
  • Croydon said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Ridiculous, wasn’t given a fair crack of the whip, gutted for him, and us.

im on the edge of not renewing my ST, that I’ve held since 1992.

we really do have another clown at the helm…….
    Are you a Charlton fan or a Jackson fan?
    I was/am both, rightly or wrongly I’d have given him time with his team, summer recruitment and rebuild.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

I partly agree, however the football played at this level has clearly moved on in the past 10 years. Players are more technical and although there are physical players the quality of the football is better. More teams play out from the back and barely anyone uses 4-4-2 with long balls to the big man. Clubs on small budgets play much more attractive football than us. Under Bowyer we played our best football in years, so we’ve even done it ourselves before.

I have no problem with an owner wanting a style, but given he’s not throwing money at it to buy promotion then there needs to be a balance between winning games and playing exciting football. The more important the style is to him the more patient he’ll have to be. He seems to see it as one and the same by claiming playing a high press increases our chances of promotion - that only works if we have the players to do it. At the moment this squad can’t keep up the required intensity.
  • will always be a fan of jacko but tbh, although it was a bit of a shock, i'm not disappointed - the football has been turgid, the squad is shit and anything that indicates major change is happening is welcome as far as i'm concerned - just hope we employ somebody 'current' with a rfecent track record of success - if we employ some has been and sign 2 players this summer then TS will need to take a serious look at selling up - atm i'm still behind him but the next managerial appointment and our recruitment this summer will tell us if we're all wasting our time and his money   
  • edited May 2022
    MeerKat said:
     I  expect Keane would be looking along the lines of an owner that puts his money in and shuts the f**k up.

Sadly it won't be Keane.
  • I live 200+ miles away but would pay money to see Roy Keane’s reaction to the Sandgaard guitar nonsense on the pitch. 
    I live in NY, but I’d only travel if we get Roy Kent