Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    Great write up @Covered End I think due to our past we are all super cautious when it comes to owners and rightly so. It has made mistakes for sure but I dont see how anyone cannot think he doesnt have the clubs best interests at heart. Some of the stuff he gets stick for I think are wrong and misguided and if people thought about it a bit they might see my point.

1. Martin. People kicking off with the criticism but nobody know exactly what he does. Sure he has a job title but the bloke from Chelsea (cant remember his name) also does that job here. All I can say is if I lived the other side of the Atlantic and I was sinking £m's a year into business here ( you might not like it but face facts we are a business) I would want someone I trust as my eyes and ears. I dont for a second think he is directing our transfer policy.

2. Jj going is exactly what I would have done and taking sentiment out of it (easy to do when it's not you money) so would most people he was failing desperately. The dismissed by phone call thing well none of us know what really happened there or what conversations took place in person. Whatever happened if JJ was unaware or shocked then he must be very naive. 

3. The stick he gets re the David Brent stuff. We have had years of people owning us not communicating now we have someone who tbh communicates to much imo but it's better I suppose than the other mob.

4. Then you have the lot who bemoan because he isnt rich enough lol get your heads out of your arses will you. Nobody else had the bollocks or was mental enough to buy us no matter how much you want Barclay or whoever to come over the mountain. It ain't happening!!!!

Yes he makes mistakes. Yes he is slightly mental. I'm not convinced he will get it right but I support the efforts as we have no other options. Plus tbh he makes me laugh which is the opposite to the team making me cry lol
    Agree with points 2-4 but think you are wrong on point 1.

Martin has far more influence than that and has done since before it was public knowledge he was involved.

It really wouldn't surprise me if Kirk was his call last January.
    Do you have proof of any of that or is it just opinion?
    The first bit is true.  The second is my opinion. 
  • Options
    Well if it us true Martin needs to reboot the computer because the stats aren't working.  And if he thinks Fraser can play the high press he's got another thing coming.

Stockley, Chuks and Fraser could possibly be the laziest/injury prone front 3 we've ever had.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    So, looking back at the OS when Jacko was formally appointed as manager on 17th December, continuation of the contract was based on ‘success on the pitch’ which we now believe required us to finish 8th or better. On that basis, he wasn’t ‘sacked’ but simply not ‘kept on’. Is that how we all see it?

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the appointment of Johnnie Jackson as the club’s permanent Manager.

Jackson has presided over seven wins in his opening 10 league games – the most successful start any Charlton Manager has made in the club’s history – since taking over as Caretaker Manager in October.

The 39-year-old has signed a contract which will automatically renew at the end of each of the next two seasons based on success on the pitch for the Addicks.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    meldrew66 said:
    So, looking back at the OS when Jacko was formally appointed as manager on 17th December, continuation of the contract was based on ‘success on the pitch’ which we now believe required us to finish 8th or better. On that basis, he wasn’t ‘sacked’ but simply not ‘kept on’. Is that how we all see it?

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the appointment of Johnnie Jackson as the club’s permanent Manager.

Jackson has presided over seven wins in his opening 10 league games – the most successful start any Charlton Manager has made in the club’s history – since taking over as Caretaker Manager in October.

The 39-year-old has signed a contract which will automatically renew at the end of each of the next two seasons based on success on the pitch for the Addicks.

So will the next fella be on a similar contract then as well? 

Be like Grace Brothers where they will have a different Mr Grace in Are you being served if we don’t finish high enough every season. 
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    Great write up @Covered End I think due to our past we are all super cautious when it comes to owners and rightly so. It has made mistakes for sure but I dont see how anyone cannot think he doesnt have the clubs best interests at heart. Some of the stuff he gets stick for I think are wrong and misguided and if people thought about it a bit they might see my point.

1. Martin. People kicking off with the criticism but nobody know exactly what he does. Sure he has a job title but the bloke from Chelsea (cant remember his name) also does that job here. All I can say is if I lived the other side of the Atlantic and I was sinking £m's a year into business here ( you might not like it but face facts we are a business) I would want someone I trust as my eyes and ears. I dont for a second think he is directing our transfer policy.

2. Jj going is exactly what I would have done and taking sentiment out of it (easy to do when it's not you money) so would most people he was failing desperately. The dismissed by phone call thing well none of us know what really happened there or what conversations took place in person. Whatever happened if JJ was unaware or shocked then he must be very naive. 

3. The stick he gets re the David Brent stuff. We have had years of people owning us not communicating now we have someone who tbh communicates to much imo but it's better I suppose than the other mob.

4. Then you have the lot who bemoan because he isnt rich enough lol get your heads out of your arses will you. Nobody else had the bollocks or was mental enough to buy us no matter how much you want Barclay or whoever to come over the mountain. It ain't happening!!!!

Yes he makes mistakes. Yes he is slightly mental. I'm not convinced he will get it right but I support the efforts as we have no other options. Plus tbh he makes me laugh which is the opposite to the team making me cry lol

Martin has far more influence than that and has done since before it was public knowledge he was involved.

OK, do you have proof of the first bit that you can share?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    meldrew66 said:

So will the next fella be on a similar contract then as well? 

Be like Grace Brothers where they will have a different Mr Grace in Are you being served if we don’t finish high enough every season. 
    Ultimately all managers are appointed on the basis of success on the pitch. For a rookie manager who maybe the owner didn’t actually “fancy” but was forced into appointing I think JJ’s contract was pretty good an innovative.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Not documented evidence obviously.  It's been mentioned on here by multiple people that he was very influencial on our summer recruitment.

Saying that it's probably quite natural and even reasonable that his dad sees him as a confidante and seeks his opinions on football.  The problem, in my opinion, is when that opinion is given more credence than that of the professionals.  Even if occasionally he is right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Not documented evidence obviously.  It's been mentioned on here by multiple people that he was very influencial on our summer recruitment.

Saying that it's probably quite natural and even reasonable that his dad sees him as a confidante and seeks his opinions on football.  The problem, in my opinion, is when that opinion is given more credence than that of the professionals.  Even if occasionally he is right. 
    So no real proof other than what others have opined on here then.
    That’s not a dig, but you made a statement of fact based on others opinions.
    Hadnt we been after Kirk for a number of windows ? Going back to even before TS arrived ? I just remembered the Chelsea guy Ruben Summit or something like that isnt he our data and talent guy in terms of transfers ?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

No I believe it to be fact, because I trust the source I originally heard it from. Others have stated, independently the same thing, quoting different sources. 

Which in my opinion add weight to it. 

I can't prove it with evidence but I do believe it. 
  • Options
    Imagine how Scott Fraser feels right now. Signed for Ipswich after a good season at MK Dons and saw his career regress horribly for 6 months to the point where the new manager didn't want him, so he signed for us. Didn't pull up any trees and now has found that the manager that did like him has gone at Charlton, and no idea if the new one will want him. He could be looking for his third club in a year if a manager comes in and tells him he's not what he wants. Yikes.
  • Options
    The fact is that the owner ( he who pays all the bills and covers the enormous losses) wants a different manager and tbf probably didn’t want JJ at the start - so this situation was entirely predictable.I’d be tempted to suggest that he probably would have sacked him even if we’d got into the play offs if we hadn’t gone up regardless of his contractual arrangement. Anyway that’s all conjecture
    As for sacking him by phone, I think that was poor but given the timing of the POTY and Thomas’s travel arrangements perhaps more understandable. Over the last 40 years I have sacked many people as part of my jobs and frankly the way you get sacked pales into insignificance against the fact that you’ve been sacked and what the financial settlement is.
    Finally, I would be surprised if Warburton isn’t announced fairly soon after QPR’s season closes. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

No I believe it to be fact, because I trust the source I originally heard it from. Others have stated, independently the same thing, quoting different sources. 

Not a fact then.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DA9 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

I refer you to my previous answer

Your entitled to believe it, but it doesn’t make it a fact as you stated, you may think I’m being pedantic but there is a huge difference 
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

This is embarrassing 
    More fuel to the 'these players are dickheads' fire to be honest. Some of them have just seen off their third manager and they only had 2 year contracts! Burn them all
    Well said.
  • Options
    Imagine how Scott Fraser feels right now. Signed for Ipswich after a good season at MK Dons and saw his career regress horribly for 6 months to the point where the new manager didn't want him, so he signed for us. Didn't pull up any trees and now has found that the manager that did like him has gone at Charlton, and no idea if the new one will want him. He could be looking for his third club in a year if a manager comes in and tells him he's not what he wants. Yikes.
    And if MK Dons can turn things around in their second leg they could end up in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love you too, soapboxsam ! 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    If we had just appointed Jacko as interim until the end of season, all these fun and games could have been avoided. He would have got a longer run to impress, the fans would have been provided a clear message. Everybody could have taken stock at the timeframe provided from the onset. 

Maybe this is where a footballing person or ceo would have helped, from their experience.
    I mean he was basically that as caretaker manager and people were up in arms about why he wasn't being made permanent quicker. I think its just obvious that Sandgaard can't keep all the fan base happy whatever he does, unless, we are getting promoted.

TS is the owner and he shouldn’t be just bowing to fan pressure. If he didn’t want Jacko he should have just kept him as caretaker. 
    I argued that was no benefit in making JJ permanent at that time. Others argued it would be good for morale, but somehow you knew that Sod’s Law would apply, and we’d go on a losing run. 
  • Options
    No-one has mentioned Skiverton. He must feel stabbed in the back.
    When a good mate gets you a job and then that good mate gets sacked it must be obvious your position is precarious.

Skiverton must have known it was coming 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Major said:
    wmcf123 said:
    PWADDICK said:

This is embarrassing 
    Sandgaard is, no doubt, a tool, whether the sacking of Jackson was right or not.  
    I heard it takes one to know one. Your post supports that.
    I sincerely apologise if I’ve upset you; have a lovely day now . 
    And you!
  • Options
    Looks like a very cosy evening, always a great favourite of Jacko..first signing when he surfaces next

So George, fancy a change next season, sure Gaffa, where do i sign... B)