Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• It's a difficult one for Beale. On the one hand he might well want to be a manager in his own right but, on the other, he is respected as a coach and part of the Gerrard team that might one day be managing Liverpool. He's probably on very good money too and given the average longevity of a manager, the chances are that he would be sacked by us a long time before he and Gerrard part company with each other and/or with Villa. 
    Totally agree.
  • Uboat said:
    I don’t see it being either Taylor or Beale. Was all too simple. I think it’s going to be right out of left field.

Barnes or Daley though?
    Love their music 😊
  • paulg1947 said:
    Well Melbourne Victory lost for the first time after a club record run of 13 matches undefeated Beaten by new boys Western United managed by John Alloisi .So a prudent TS could pick up a manager of the future in Tony Popovich.now Melbourne Victory has come to an unexpected end. Mebe even alloisi The final next W E will be between Melbourne City (of the City group) and Western united who have reached the final in their 3rd year in the A League with a tenth of the budget that City have got. Two or  three youth players in this final that our scouts could watch
    You want to bore our fans to death with either of those options? 
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the gaffer at "Randers FC" (Colin Todd's old club). rolls into town soon or any one of the Danish managers come to think of it.. Jan Molby anyone!  
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the gaffer at "Randers FC" (Colin Todd's old club). rolls into town soon or any one of the Danish managers come to think of it.. Jan Molby anyone!  
    Molby would certainly roll into town.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    There you go, Stuart Pearce steps down as West Ham coach, it’s got to be him!!!!!😬🤣
    I have heard lots of podcast ex players playing under him, and ever single one, have said he is the worst manager they have played under. Changing rooms ran riot, no man management, tactical unaware, lacked personality! I really hope not

Oh no, not Stuart Pearce. Would be awful. 

Unless Beale wants him as his number 2?
  • agim said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's a difficult one for Beale. On the one hand he might well want to be a manager in his own right but, on the other, he is respected as a coach and part of the Gerrard team that might one day be managing Liverpool. He's probably on very good money too and given the average longevity of a manager, the chances are that he would be sacked by us a long time before he and Gerrard part company with each other and/or with Villa. 
    Klopp isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and has just signed a new contract. You’d think Liverpool would aim higher than Gerrard as well. 
    Liverpool need to aim higher than a former champions league winning captain, who has already won silverware as manager, that came through their youth system.  However us offering a job to someone that's never been a manager or played a professional game, partly because he "knows the club" is a sign of ambition and intent.

:smile:
    One is Liverpool, arguably the biggest club in world football. The other is Charlton Athletic.

Take Gerrard’s name away him and he’s won something in a two team league and finished mid-table with Villa. They can do a lot better. Irrelevant anyway as Klopp isn’t going anywhere for a long time. 
    Bit harsh. At Rangers he went the whole season unbeaten and only conceded 13 goals. To go 38 games unbeaten at any level of football is impressive. 

I think Gerrard will turn out to be a very competent manager. 
    With or without Beale?
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    There you go, Stuart Pearce steps down as West Ham coach, it’s got to be him!!!!!😬🤣
    I have heard lots of podcast ex players playing under him, and ever single one, have said he is the worst manager they have played under. Changing rooms ran riot, no man management, tactical unaware, lacked personality! I really hope not
    Surprisingly and disappointingly he didn't stand up to Barton at City they said on the Undr the Cosh one.
  • edited May 2022
    Pearce and Roy Keane as his assistant, the dream team, it worked for a while with Curbs and Grity, in fact why not make the set, and poach Joey Barton, could be a lively dressing room!
  • edited May 2022
    I would have liked Challinor from Stockport as manager but obviously won't happen. Interesting to see how County do in L2 next season.
  • 1968CAFC said:
    I am getting very fed up with our owner.
    he does not convince me at all with his ego driven bullshit and promises.
    Actions speak louder than words/Bullshit.👎👎
    What like saving the club when no one else had the bollocks or money to take on the crooks and the financial commitment … take on a club during a pandemic that was on its knees after years of assist stripping left us with a shell of a club ..these actions you mean … people have very short memories years and years of neglect not going to be sorted in 18 months 

The first bit is true. The second part is a fallacy.

Regardless of how many years of neglect the key part ie assembling a competitive football team is not overly complex if you or those around you know what you are doing and shouldn't take 18 months to sort out. 

Wigan did it. Bolton too.

All this "take time to turn around the years of damage" might hold water if it was a complex failing business and having to unwind unknown debts and derivative contracts etc but it's not. 

Yes there might be off the field stuff that will take a while to enhance but that is not relevant to how long it should take to assemble a squad to compete in the third tier of English football if you have people who know what they're doing.

It's not complicated as Sandgaard himself said.

This illusion of undoing years of neglect is a complete self perpetuating myth.

We had Cullen, Taylor, beliek, Bauer etc under Duchatelet albeit he was an utter wrong un.

The problem in the main is we've been mismanaged from the top down with awful owners and poor managers and owners that have hindered half decent managers like Powell, Bowyer and (who knows even  Jackson).

What neglect and danage is there to sort out beyond getting knowledgeable people in to identify, recruit and mould competitive 3rd division side?
    Exactly - you need the right people in charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    1968CAFC said:
    What like saving the club when no one else had the bollocks or money to take on the crooks and the financial commitment … take on a club during a pandemic that was on its knees after years of assist stripping left us with a shell of a club ..these actions you mean … people have very short memories years and years of neglect not going to be sorted in 18 months 

Regardless of how many years of neglect the key part ie assembling a competitive football team is not overly complex if you or those around you know what you are doing and shouldn't take 18 months to sort out. 

All this "take time to turn around the years of damage" might hold water if it was a complex failing business and having to unwind unknown debts and derivative contracts etc but it's not. 

Yes there might be off the field stuff that will take a while to enhance but that is not relevant to how long it should take to assemble a squad to compete in the third tier of English football if you have people who know what they're doing.

We had Cullen, Taylor, beliek, Bauer etc under Duchatelet albeit he was an utter wrong un.

The problem in the main is we've been mismanaged from the top down with awful owners and poor managers and owners that have hindered half decent managers like Powell, Bowyer and (who knows even  Jackson).

What neglect and danage is there to sort out beyond getting knowledgeable people in to identify, recruit and mould competitive 3rd division side?
    If you even take out the "summer of Powell" to of our other promotion winnings teams of recentish times were put together very quickly.

Illic, Mills, Youds, Bowen, Heaney, Bright, Mendonca (7)

And

Purrington, Cullen, Bielik, Pratley, Taylor, Parker (6)

All joined after the previous season finished.  That's over half the teams that started the play off finals.

In pure first team terms 4 transfer windows in we are arguably worse off than when we started. 

The women's team, training ground investment, fan engagement is all nice to have but it doesn't really matter if we are stuck in the middle of league 1, does it? 
    Did mills and youds sign in the summer or January. Not arguing against what you are saying, it's more to do with my ageing brain
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    I think seeing him from the outside as manager, we could have guessed that may be the situation, I’d be gutted if some how my joking ended up as fact. Loved him as a player, but not having him as a manager.
  • edited May 2022
    1968CAFC said:

Don’t necessarily disagree with a lot of the sentiment here Rodney. 

However I am not sure if we can really say that building a competitive football team is overly complex or not. You mention Wigan and Bolton as successes, but neglect to mention all the many other teams who have not been. If there is a simple easy solution, why is it that so many teams year after year, even those with financial backing, or are well run, have not managed to achieve the goals they wanted?

• edited May 2022
    Swisdom said:
    It’s not just the team that needs to recover from its neglect.  The fact we have pretty much a skeleton staff in the background doesn’t help the professionalism of the club sometimes and that’s something else it gets lambasted for.

it is being addressed I believe but it’s not an overnight fix
    He’s owned the club for almost two years now. 
    Yeah, and we should at least have made a top four place in the premiership. We are fucked! ;)