Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Why doesn't anyone listen to AFKA ?
    Who?
  • Nothing from the official twitter account today, hopefully working on the big announcement!
  • edited May 2022
    PWADDICK said:
    Nothing from the official twitter account today, hopefully working on the big announcement!

Well it must be HUGE the amount of time they've been working on it... 
  • I can’t believe we wouldn’t have some very significant hints and leaks from various sources if an appointment was imminent. Not just from within CAFC but the press and perhaps the club of previous employment if applicable. 
  • I can’t believe we wouldn’t have some very significant hints and leaks from various sources if an appointment was imminent. Not just from within CAFC but the press and perhaps the club of previous employment if applicable. 
    I can't remember but I think Adkins was not on the radar until it was announced was it not?
    If it doesn't start with 'Guys,..' I don't wanna hear it.
    Nail on the head
    The site doesn't automatically update. 
    If you're reading earlier posts on the thread, you'll likely respond to those first without before seeing subsequent posts.

In my case, I never saw AFKA's 'keep on topic' post before I posted mine.
    Honest, Guv!.
    I can't remember but I think Adkins was not on the radar until it was announced was it not?
    I think I remember some muttering a day or so ahead of it being announced.
  • Sponsored links:

Everyone knows you’re supposed to get the last comment in and then say, sorry AFKA last on the topic from me.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    1968CAFC said:
    I am getting very fed up with our owner.
    he does not convince me at all with his ego driven bullshit and promises.
    Actions speak louder than words/Bullshit.👎👎
    What like saving the club when no one else had the bollocks or money to take on the crooks and the financial commitment … take on a club during a pandemic that was on its knees after years of assist stripping left us with a shell of a club ..these actions you mean … people have very short memories years and years of neglect not going to be sorted in 18 months 

The first bit is true. The second part is a fallacy.

Regardless of how many years of neglect the key part ie assembling a competitive football team is not overly complex if you or those around you know what you are doing and shouldn't take 18 months to sort out. 

Wigan did it. Bolton too.

All this "take time to turn around the years of damage" might hold water if it was a complex failing business and having to unwind unknown debts and derivative contracts etc but it's not. 

Yes there might be off the field stuff that will take a while to enhance but that is not relevant to how long it should take to assemble a squad to compete in the third tier of English football if you have people who know what they're doing.

It's not complicated as Sandgaard himself said.

This illusion of undoing years of neglect is a complete self perpetuating myth.

We had Cullen, Taylor, beliek, Bauer etc under Duchatelet albeit he was an utter wrong un.

The problem in the main is we've been mismanaged from the top down with awful owners and poor managers and owners that have hindered half decent managers like Powell, Bowyer and (who knows even  Jackson).

What neglect and danage is there to sort out beyond getting knowledgeable people in to identify, recruit and mould competitive 3rd division side?
    If you even take out the "summer of Powell" to of our other promotion winnings teams of recentish times were put together very quickly.

Illic, Mills, Youds, Bowen, Heaney, Bright, Mendonca (7)

And

Purrington, Cullen, Bielik, Pratley, Taylor, Parker (6)

All joined after the previous season finished.  That's over half the teams that started the play off finals.

In pure first team terms 4 transfer windows in we are arguably worse off than when we started. 

The women's team, training ground investment, fan engagement is all nice to have but it doesn't really matter if we are stuck in the middle of league 1, does it? 
    Did mills and youds sign in the summer or January. Not arguing against what you are saying, it's more to do with my ageing brain
    I actually think they signed in March.
    Correct.
  • Gribbo said:
    Why doesn't anyone listen to AFKA ?
    Nail on the head
    Can you look into it mate?
  • Scoham said:
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

I'm curious as to why you think this.

I literally just said this to someone.

When Roland employed Luzon/Riga i cant remember which its blurred that time, everyone was moaning saying it was  to quick him and KM didnt do a good enough search.

So why now TS is looking properly is it apparently to long.

Surely its better he gets the correct appointment even if it takes 7-14 days from the day JJ was sacked?

Are you just looking for a reason to moan?
    A stick to beat TS with?

We are not the only club without a manager atm

Lincoln haven't had a manager for 10 days
    Fleetwood magical 7 day(according to you) is up tomorrow.

Does that mean they have been poorly managed or do they not count, as Ts doesn't own them
    I've come in for criticism here so I shall explain my reasoning:

It had been clear for several months that we weren't going either up or down a division.
    For those last few months we were generally in 13th- 17th place, weren't we? Therefore TS either thought:
    A. This is bad but I trust that JJ can sort it out for next season.
    B. This is bad and I need to change manager.

If it were B then he should have replaced him with a month or more to go so that the new manager can make his assessments.
    If it were A then he appears to have changed his mind at the last minute, probably due to the Ipswich result. My opinion is that this is what's happened. That's why I call it a petulant decision. It can't be because of our final position as we finished the season in almost the highest position we'd reached all season.

I may be wrong. What I know for sure was that I thought TS was great when he bought the club and I'm still thankful for that. What I now think is that he doesn't have a clue how to run a football club, and that we'll finish lower next season and then the next and so on until he changes his ways.

Most fans think it's B.
    The reason being Washington was as good as told this a few weeks before the Ipswich game.
    The most likely reason JJ wasn't sacked sooner, was because TS would have had to pay out less (if any) compensation by waiting until the season ended and JJ had "failed" the agreed contract.

Fair enough but it's now two weeks since he sacked Jackson and he still hasn't appointed a new manager. If it's B then he should have appointed someone by now. The only good reason why not would be if it's a manager of a play-off team.

Perhaps 'most fans' are wrong and it's A.

Or some candidates have been away for a short break after the season ended, like Jackson did.

Or some are coaches at Prem clubs so their season hasn’t ended

Or we were negotiating but someone turned it down (more of a bad reason but could be the case)

etc
    Three weeks now.
    The Premier League has finished.

How many more excuses?
    Just face it: TS hasn't got a clue what he's doing. I can't believe from the threads on the play-offs and Sunderland that people think we stand a chance. It's like Everton fans thinking that they'll finish in the top six next season.
  • edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gribbo said:
    Why doesn't anyone listen to AFKA ?
    Nail on the head
    Can you look into it mate?
    Ah! Penny drops.  :D
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    1968CAFC said:
    I am getting very fed up with our owner.
    he does not convince me at all with his ego driven bullshit and promises.
    Actions speak louder than words/Bullshit.👎👎
    What like saving the club when no one else had the bollocks or money to take on the crooks and the financial commitment … take on a club during a pandemic that was on its knees after years of assist stripping left us with a shell of a club ..these actions you mean … people have very short memories years and years of neglect not going to be sorted in 18 months 

The first bit is true. The second part is a fallacy.

Regardless of how many years of neglect the key part ie assembling a competitive football team is not overly complex if you or those around you know what you are doing and shouldn't take 18 months to sort out. 

Wigan did it. Bolton too.

All this "take time to turn around the years of damage" might hold water if it was a complex failing business and having to unwind unknown debts and derivative contracts etc but it's not. 

Yes there might be off the field stuff that will take a while to enhance but that is not relevant to how long it should take to assemble a squad to compete in the third tier of English football if you have people who know what they're doing.

It's not complicated as Sandgaard himself said.

This illusion of undoing years of neglect is a complete self perpetuating myth.

We had Cullen, Taylor, beliek, Bauer etc under Duchatelet albeit he was an utter wrong un.

The problem in the main is we've been mismanaged from the top down with awful owners and poor managers and owners that have hindered half decent managers like Powell, Bowyer and (who knows even  Jackson).

What neglect and danage is there to sort out beyond getting knowledgeable people in to identify, recruit and mould competitive 3rd division side?
    If you even take out the "summer of Powell" to of our other promotion winnings teams of recentish times were put together very quickly.

Illic, Mills, Youds, Bowen, Heaney, Bright, Mendonca (7)

And

Purrington, Cullen, Bielik, Pratley, Taylor, Parker (6)

All joined after the previous season finished.  That's over half the teams that started the play off finals.

In pure first team terms 4 transfer windows in we are arguably worse off than when we started. 

The women's team, training ground investment, fan engagement is all nice to have but it doesn't really matter if we are stuck in the middle of league 1, does it? 
    Did mills and youds sign in the summer or January. Not arguing against what you are saying, it's more to do with my ageing brain
    I actually think they signed in March.
    Illic and maybe Heaney too. Youds was Dec time I think
    Mr Otto knows his stuff, Youds was signed in March, around the same time as Mills.
  • I've been here at Heathrow for 3 weeks, checking on who is flying out to Colorado.
    Absolutely no one recognised yet, nada, zilch.
    I'll give it another week.
    You need to keep out of the Wetherspoons.
  • Scoham said:
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

When Roland employed Luzon/Riga i cant remember which its blurred that time, everyone was moaning saying it was  to quick him and KM didnt do a good enough search.

Surely its better he gets the correct appointment even if it takes 7-14 days from the day JJ was sacked?

A stick to beat TS with?

Does that mean they have been poorly managed or do they not count, as Ts doesn't own them

It had been clear for several months that we weren't going either up or down a division.
    For those last few months we were generally in 13th- 17th place, weren't we? Therefore TS either thought:

If it were B then he should have replaced him with a month or more to go so that the new manager can make his assessments.
    If it were A then he appears to have changed his mind at the last minute, probably due to the Ipswich result. My opinion is that this is what's happened. That's why I call it a petulant decision. It can't be because of our final position as we finished the season in almost the highest position we'd reached all season.

I may be wrong. What I know for sure was that I thought TS was great when he bought the club and I'm still thankful for that. What I now think is that he doesn't have a clue how to run a football club, and that we'll finish lower next season and then the next and so on until he changes his ways.

Most fans think it's B.
    The reason being Washington was as good as told this a few weeks before the Ipswich game.
    The most likely reason JJ wasn't sacked sooner, was because TS would have had to pay out less (if any) compensation by waiting until the season ended and JJ had "failed" the agreed contract.

Fair enough but it's now two weeks since he sacked Jackson and he still hasn't appointed a new manager. If it's B then he should have appointed someone by now. The only good reason why not would be if it's a manager of a play-off team.

Or some candidates have been away for a short break after the season ended, like Jackson did.

Or we were negotiating but someone turned it down (more of a bad reason but could be the case)

etc
    Three weeks now.

How many more excuses?
    Just face it: TS hasn't got a clue what he's doing. I can't believe from the threads on the play-offs and Sunderland that people think we stand a chance. It's like Everton fans thinking that they'll finish in the top six next season.
    So clearly if we appoint Beale or similar we only had until 1:30pm on the Tuesday after the Prem season finished to announce it. As it’s not happened we can safely rule out a Prem coach from taking over.

I’m not optimistic about next season but I’m not going to assume there’s only one reason we haven’t appointed a manager yet.

Perhaps that’s the wrong way to look at it and we should start protesting to drive TS out?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've been here at Heathrow for 3 weeks, checking on who is flying out to Colorado.
    Absolutely no one recognised yet, nada, zilch.
    I'll give it another week.
    Should have checked the private flights to Biggin Hill
  • Scoham said:

A stick to beat TS with?

Most fans think it's B.

etc
    Three weeks now.

How many more excuses?
    Has there actually been any excuses?  Only conjecture, guessing and innuendo, not even a rumour.

How can there be more if there hasn't been any? 
  • Brian Blackbox now at 4/1.

• Still looking for the batteries though. 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Remarkable job 

4th manager is 2 years 
    One of the worse seasons going 
    Separated from stadium and training ground
    No manager 
    Poor appointments behind scenes ( roddy etc) 

Yup remarkable job 👏
    On the manager point -  Bowyer walked, Adkins had a good end to the season he took over - so initially looked a good appointment, he was then sacked (and rightly so), Jackson impressed in the caretaker spell, and the fans would have been up in arms if he hadn’t got the job. Jackson failed his remit and was outed.
    Adkins had a fully fit version of Bowyer's squad.  
  • edited May 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    There you go, Stuart Pearce steps down as West Ham coach, it’s got to be him!!!!!😬🤣
    I have heard lots of podcast ex players playing under him, and ever single one, have said he is the worst manager they have played under. Changing rooms ran riot, no man management, tactical unaware, lacked personality! I really hope not
    He was a massive Lurkers fan. No way would he put up with Sandgaard’s pomp rock. 
    Is it true that he was on the cover of one of the albums(Fulham Fallout)? Or is it just an urban myth?
    He was in the Fulham Crew that used to go to Lurkers gigs in an old hearse. Or was it an ambulance car?
    He’s supposed to be in the audience in a photo, but not sure if it’s used inside the Fulham Fallout gatefold sleeve, or elsewhere. I’ve forgotten basically. Will check it out.
    They were great live. Ramonesy style punk with a light touch, and a singer that looked like Paul McCartney. Esso the drummer was a top fella, as was Arturo. 

Apologies AFKA, way off topic. 

New manager to be announced on Thursday?
  • Stuart Pearce just left West Ham,according to todays Sun.