Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    Here’s o r to get chewing on chaps - Jody Morris was interviewed both at the time Jackson was appointed and since he has been sacked 
    NO!!!!!!!!!
  • Thought this place needed a little livener - its 100% true and stacks up with our Chelsea links
  • In September 2001, Morris, Chelsea teammates John TerryFrank Lampard and Eiður Guðjohnsen, and Leicester City's Frank Sinclair, were drunk and unruly in a Heathrow Airport hotel containing many Americans left stranded by the September 11 attacks. The Chelsea quartet were each fined two weeks' wages, totalling around £100,000, which was donated to the 9/11 relief efforts.[33][34][35]

In August 2002, Morris, along with fellow footballers John Terry and Des Byrne, was cleared of a charge of affray in relation to an incident at a nightclub.[36][37] In 2006, Morris drove down a one-way street the wrong way while three times over the drink-drive limit.[38] This resulted in a driving ban for four years, 80 hours of community service and a two-year suspended jail sentence.[39]

• Slade was appointed on 6th June.

Peeters was appointed on 28th May.

Dowie was appointed on 30th May.

Too many people want everything instantly. I don’t remember the same kind of impatience while waiting for the above managerial appointments. None of them worked out but I’d reason that was down to WHO was chosen and not WHEN they were announced.

If we’re rolling into pre season (day one likely 20th June) with no manager, that’s a problem. Equally, I would like them to be in place a week or so prior which at least gives us a chance to properly recruit players to integrate into the squad at the earliest opportunity.

If we’re still in this boat two weeks from now (the famous two weeks) then I will be concerned. But until then, I think chill pills are needed…
    Or all 3 had there hands tied behind their back in terms of recruitment, budgets or choosing their own staff.................. It wasn't even who or when. 
  • Is Morris not quite highly regarded as a coach though? 
  • Tommy Wright, ex-St Johnstone and Kilmarnock…
  • Interviews were for managers job not coach 
  • Sponsored links:

• What do people have against Jody Morris as a Manager?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Here’s o r to get chewing on chaps - Jody Morris was interviewed both at the time Jackson was appointed and since he has been sacked 
    Very, very highly rated in the game.  Horrible little shit as a player, but so was Bowyer.  I suppose he was our little shit, but still. 
    Is he?
    Wheres he been since he left Chelsea?

Again.

NO!!!!!!!!!!
  • Morris is an interesting one to throw into the mix. Believe he is very well thought of in the game as a coach but as mentioned above does come with some off the field issues from his playing days.
  • In September 2001, Morris, Chelsea teammates John TerryFrank Lampard and Eiður Guðjohnsen, and Leicester City's Frank Sinclair, were drunk and unruly in a Heathrow Airport hotel containing many Americans left stranded by the September 11 attacks. The Chelsea quartet were each fined two weeks' wages, totalling around £100,000, which was donated to the 9/11 relief efforts.[33][34][35]

In August 2002, Morris, along with fellow footballers John Terry and Des Byrne, was cleared of a charge of affray in relation to an incident at a nightclub.[36][37] In 2006, Morris drove down a one-way street the wrong way while three times over the drink-drive limit.[38] This resulted in a driving ban for four years, 80 hours of community service and a two-year suspended jail sentence.[39]

So he got in trouble 15-20 years ago! Nothing since? I'm guessing he has grown up a lot since then.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Very, very highly rated in the game.  Horrible little shit as a player, but so was Bowyer.  I suppose he was our little shit, but still. 
    Is he?

Again.

NO!!!!!!!!!!
    Article on google said he turned down the opportunity to join Everton as he wants to be a first team manager. 
  • If it's Jody Morris then I'm out.
    Why? Have you seen his cv, have you interviewed him? Do you know anything about him as a coach or manager?
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    paulfox said:
    There you go, Stuart Pearce steps down as West Ham coach, it’s got to be him!!!!!😬🤣
    I have heard lots of podcast ex players playing under him, and ever single one, have said he is the worst manager they have played under. Changing rooms ran riot, no man management, tactical unaware, lacked personality! I really hope not
    He was a massive Lurkers fan. No way would he put up with Sandgaard’s pomp rock. 
    Is it true that he was on the cover of one of the albums(Fulham Fallout)? Or is it just an urban myth?
    He was in the Fulham Crew who used to go to Lurkers gigs in an old hearse. Or was it an ambulance car?
    He’s supposed to be in the audience in a photo, but not sure if it’s used in the Fulham Fallout album, or elsewhere. I’ve forgotten basically. Will check it out.
    They were great live. Ramonesy style punk with a light touch, and a singer that looked like Paul McCartney. Esso the drummer was a top fella, as was Arturo. 

Apologies AFKA, way off topic. 

New manager to be announced on Thursday?
    Always loved them but didn't get to see them live until the early 90's in a club on the Holloway Road. 

So 20 and 21 years ago......... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Is he?

Again.

NO!!!!!!!!!!
    Article on google said he turned down the opportunity to join Everton as he wants to be a first team manager. 
    Well I hope he regrets that & we don’t become his first.
    He’s in the same mold as Dennis Wise for me (& he’s even smaller 😳).
    Unless they’ve seriously changed since I worked at the Toolbox, I don’t want either of them anywhere near Charlton.
  • If you blind sifted both Morris and Beale's CV who would you employ? 
  • edited May 2022
    At Chelsea, Morris coached possession-based attacking football, and used several formations including the 3–4–3, 3–5–2, 4–3–3 and 4–4–2.[26] In his two seasons as head coach, Chelsea's Under-18s won 59 matches and lost 5 times.[26] They won the treble in 2016–17 and the quadruple in 2017–18.[7][27][26]

He's got Thomas' juices flowing for sure.
  • Morris was on Soccer Am on Saturday and mentioned that he had spoken to clubs about management, some recently. At the time I did wonder if it was us. Got distracted by Frankie Bridge though
  • Slade was appointed on 6th June.

Peeters was appointed on 28th May.

Dowie was appointed on 30th May.

Too many people want everything instantly. I don’t remember the same kind of impatience while waiting for the above managerial appointments. None of them worked out but I’d reason that was down to WHO was chosen and not WHEN they were announced.

If we’re rolling into pre season (day one likely 20th June) with no manager, that’s a problem. Equally, I would like them to be in place a week or so prior which at least gives us a chance to properly recruit players to integrate into the squad at the earliest opportunity.

If we’re still in this boat two weeks from now (the famous two weeks) then I will be concerned. But until then, I think chill pills are needed…
    They were all fantastic appointments!
  • Like everything Nixon tweets, nothing of any significance.
    It's a Nixon special, never give a concrete answer so there's always wiggle room for errors. If we appoint a manager tomorrow 'doing own thing' is still technically true, even though we know what he's alluding to in that tweet.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

In September 2001, Morris, Chelsea teammates John TerryFrank Lampard and Eiður Guðjohnsen, and Leicester City's Frank Sinclair, were drunk and unruly in a Heathrow Airport hotel containing many Americans left stranded by the September 11 attacks. The Chelsea quartet were each fined two weeks' wages, totalling around £100,000, which was donated to the 9/11 relief efforts.[33][34][35]

So 20 and 21 years ago......... 

Indeed.

Also had a failed trial with us in 2007.

Also played for Millwall

Also doesn't appear to have worked in football since January 2001 but his coaching record with Chelsea kids is very good, albeit they have a very good academy.

He may no longer be a little shit but he certainly was 20 years ago.