Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Leuth. The title says what do you reckon not what do you know. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Do we actually need a manager?
    we could have a guest manager every week
    Maybe it will be a tub of lard? 
  • JamesSeed said:
     No doubt that came up in the board room.
  • JamesSeed said:

• Fumbluff said:
    JamesSeed said:

I think the tub of lard was to replace Prescott, not Hattersley. 

Or perhaps you are hinting at.......

Mark Hateley. 
  •   Close the chat until 15th June !!! 
  • john3 said:
      Close the chat until 15th June !!! 
    Why's that ? Its been 100's of comments since I last checked. Is there any movement on a new manager yet ? 
  • No, no one knows anything.
  • No, no one knows anything.
    No one knows anything about what is happening, funny that there is a lot of noise about what happened and isn't happening though.

A lot of deflection and denial going on though....
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    JamesSeed said:

I think the tub of lard was to replace Prescott, not Hattersley. 

Or perhaps you are hinting at.......

Mark Hateley. 
    I too thought it was Prescott but as you know I rigorously fact-check all my posts and google says it was Roy so I have readjusted my memory thus…
  • JamesSeed said:
    maybe a fan vote could pick the team and tactics each week?
    Yes, this is getting silly but re-introduce the sofa to replace the dug-out and use the Valley Gold numbers to draw a random winner for each home game who gets to sit on the sofa and pick the team. 

For away games, the fan living closest to the respective away ground gets to pick the team.
    That way, I get the Exeter game and find myself up against Matt Taylor ......unless... errr... unless???
  • Scoham said:
    Okay very unlikely to sign him considering we just sacked JJ on a 43% win ratio ! Hopefully we’re aiming higher than him 
  • edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No, no one knows anything.
    No one knows anything about what is happening, funny that there is a lot of noise about what happened and isn't happening though.

I'm confused by your posts Cafc43 as some times you have knowledge of what is happening then you revert to knowing nothing ? Has your insider left the club since Adkins left and the interviews last time ?

As we have at least two current CL members that work full time at Cafc and another couple who have a link with scouting who won't be able to say anything even if they have knowledge of everyone that the Sandgaard's have spoken/interviewed.

Fans/critics speculate at every club and Cafc are no different. 
  • Our new manager then!
  • Scoham said:
    And there’s me thinking that Tony Burman was still manager 🙄
  • edited May 2022
    Michael Duff has been interviewed for the Barnsley Job. Duff played 3-5-2 (not set in stone) and surely would've been on the radar of Cafc?

If Duff or similar didn't apply and is still under contract would Thomas Sandgaard head hunt and pay compensation ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    No, no one knows anything.

I'm confused by your posts Cafc43 as some times you have knowledge of what is happening then you revert to knowing nothing ? Has your insider left the club since Adkins left and the interviews last time ?

As we have at least two current CL members that work full time at Cafc and another couple who have a link with scouting who won't be able to say anything even if they have knowledge of everyone that the Sandgaard's have spoken/interviewed.

Fans/critics speculate at every club and Cafc are no different. 
    I know things that have happened.  I have no idea of what is going to happen next. 

I would be supprised if anyone knows who the next manager is, or even who the current most likely is.  The only things anyone has mentioned is who it's not and who might have and hasn't been interviewed. 
  • Our new manager then!
    If they appointed him it’d be a right carrie on. Total misery. Can you imagine IT?!
  • Valley11 said:
    Our new manager then!
    If they appointed him it’d be a right carrie on. Total misery. Can you imagine IT?!
    It would be a novel idea but not a big story for the press.
  • Michael Duff has been interviewed for the Barnsley Job. Duff played 3-5-2 (not set in stone) and surely would've been on the radar of Cafc?

If Duff or similar didn't apply and is still under contract would Thomas Sandgaard head hunt and pay compensation ?
    He would have been very high up on the who I would want list, but wasn't on my who do I think it will be list.  
  • Message to Thomas. Ok, stop farting about now trying to be cleverer than everybody else. When it comes to football you are clearly not. You are a decent bloke with your heart in the right place so don't let this drag on any longer. If we are not about to appoint anybody imminently, give it to Euell on a caretaker basis and lets start getting on with the job now.
  • I think we're staring down the barrel of another crap pre-season, we need someone in by the end of the week imo. 
  • edited May 2022
    Michael Duff has been interviewed for the Barnsley Job. Duff played 3-5-2 (not set in stone) and surely would've been on the radar of Cafc?

Why is 3-5-2 relevant, has TS said it is? Was Jackos preferred formation...
  • Message to Thomas. Ok, stop farting about now trying to be cleverer than everybody else. When it comes to football you are clearly not. You are a decent bloke with your heart in the right place so don't let this drag on any longer. If we are not about to appoint anybody imminently, give it to Euell on a caretaker basis and lets start getting on with the job now.
    Then Euell wins the 1st seven games, gets the job permenant and proceeds to lose the next ten😬😂
    So your plan is that we keep giving the job to the person junior to the last person we sacked for not achieving?  Sooner or later it's going to the person who counts the chips into cartons at half time.
    Yeah, and before you know it we’ll be getting a turnstile operator in to bolster the playing staff...like that would ever work!