Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• seth plum said:
    I am concerned about what happens to Jason Euell.
    He will be fine, Wimbledon love him :)
  • Glad we have a new manager but….…..seriously underwhelmed by this..
  • I watched this after Sausagedog (lol) first mentioned Garner. Worth a listen if you want to know more about his coaching philosophy:

• Welcome, Ben Garner. Just hope he does better than our last one season wonder from Swindon (Nicky Ajose). Guess we won’t be selling Davison.
  • Oh well at least I look forward to him bringing Jonny Williams back with him and Davison getting a new 5 year contract.

I wish him well but truly uninspired by his appointment. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    I am concerned about what happens to Jason Euell.
    Do you support good chaps or the football club?
    Part of supporting Charlton is showing loyalty to Charlton.
    Part of loyalty is having due regard to good servants of the club.
  • Was convinced it was gonna be Beale so maybe why I feel like a kid who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.

Obviously hope he does well though.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Was convinced it was gonna be Beale so maybe why I feel like a kid who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.

Obviously hope he does well though.......
    I feel the same. I think if Beale was ruled out quickly, then it wouldn't hurt as much. Just wanted Beale :( 
  • Wonder what the plan would have been if Josh didn't miss the chance in the 1st leg or the pen in the 2nd leg? 
  • Did we sign DJ from Swindon? He’s shit too…
  • This is all feeling like last summer but worse. Then we were just waiting for some incoming players. Now we're waiting for manager, then players. If we couldn't find a squad in the time available with a manager in place how the fuck are we going to rebuild without a manager? Wimbledon seemed to move quickly enough. Evidently there was no plan. Fucking Charlton

You have to wonder if TS would be able to attract a manager with any clout. He hasn't managed it to date and he's had two go's already.
    Would think the most head strong of successful managers would listen to how TS intends on doing things and would run a mile.
    As I said, expect to be very underwhelmed. Unless TS alters is pig headed stance then this club will never prosper imho.
     Told ya.
  • edited May 2022
    Addick_8 said:
    I'm sure Marty Saandgard's laptop was well aware of these stats :)
  • Welcome, Ben Garner. Just hope he does better than our last one season wonder from Swindon (Nicky Ajose). Guess we won’t be selling Davison.
    Or DJ.
  • To think, some of you were convinced we had a chance of getting Warburton.
  • Great result for the bookmakers, was never quoted on a single market, an absolute skinner for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• The long coaching video of his interview posted above has the topics described as you go along the progress bar. Towards the end it covers data in football, so I watched it for a bit, and Ben Garner definitely thinks the use of data will become, if it hasn't already, very very significant.
  • Tbf their fans thought jaiyesimi was class…….
  • The English Bob Peeeeters!
  • Positives: 

Comes in with low expectations from Charlton fans.

A step up, and hopefully a wage increase from managing in league 2.

Negatives

I’ll let you lot fill them in….

• edited May 2022

Impressive stats.
    Our black box is amazing!
  • edited May 2022
    Addick_8 said:
    And still couldn't make it to Wembley.
  • What a time to be alive.