Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    If he thinks Davison is good enough for League One, we are fucked.

He also hasn't said he isn't!
    But he's also not said we're not signing Mbappe so, y'know, checkmate.
    Devil's Advocate is all.

Personally he seems to have what our owner is looking for.  However the comments from "insiders", whether direct or indirectly about TS, plus the situations with Roddy, Skiverton, Bowyer, Adkins, JJ et al over the last year and a half don't fill me full of confidence.
    So what you are saying is.....keep the manager & sack the owner 😄
  • QPR have approached Villa for Michael Beale.
  • redbuttle said:
    Lee Johnson said Stockley should be banned for a head butt which never happened. Lee Johnson has small man Syndrome and CL are united in slagging the wee man off.

Alex Neal get Sunderland promoted via the play offs ( nemesis absent !) CL are united in saying Alex Neal is top manager- I agree he is decent.

But in defense of the short arse obnoxious Johnson the day they got tanked 5-0 they would've gone to the top of League 1 if they had won so in reality Alex Neal just kept them in the position he took over. 

It all perceptions but I agree I would rather employ Alex Neal than Lee Johnson.

Ben Garner needs backing on and off the pitch to succeed if Cawley is right and Sandgaard is just getting Ronnie Dangerfield to complete the paperwork with his Swindon counterpart before Ollie Groom makes it official.
    As a small man. I find the phrase small man syndrome offensive. Why shouldn't small men stick up for themselves? I would also like to say if you use that phrase again I will find you and punch your f*****g head in. Lol
    I expect you to get a like from elfsborg and a promote from AFKA for this post 😁
  • edited May 2022
    redbuttle said:
    Lee Johnson said Stockley should be banned for a head butt which never happened. Lee Johnson has small man Syndrome and CL are united in slagging the wee man off.

Alex Neal get Sunderland promoted via the play offs ( nemesis absent !) CL are united in saying Alex Neal is top manager- I agree he is decent.

But in defense of the short arse obnoxious Johnson the day they got tanked 5-0 they would've gone to the top of League 1 if they had won so in reality Alex Neal just kept them in the position he took over. 

It all perceptions but I agree I would rather employ Alex Neal than Lee Johnson.

Ben Garner needs backing on and off the pitch to succeed if Cawley is right and Sandgaard is just getting Ronnie Dangerfield to complete the paperwork with his Swindon counterpart before Ollie Groom makes it official.
    As a small man. I find the phrase small man syndrome offensive. Why shouldn't small men stick up for themselves? I would also like to say if you use that phrase again I will find you and punch your f*****g head in. Lol
    I expect you to get a like from elfsborg and a promote from AFKA for this post 😁
    Yes, as long as they don't want a fight 

• ozaddick said:
    That garner podcast episode is a great listen. He's definitely gone way up in my opinion. I could see why TS would like him. 
    Sorry , have missed this, can you / someone post a link please, thank you!
  • edited May 2022
    redbuttle said:

As a small man also, punching peoples heads in is a pipe dream, which is why I settle at damaging the shins!! Maybe kneecapping if I’m on my tiptoes!🤣
  • Didn't know anything about Garner but doesn't seem too bad from the limited amount of research I've done. The coaching article with him was really interesting. 

Maybe not a glamourous name but I think he fits what I'd like in a manager and would be happy enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    redbuttle said:

Fair comment Red, and if you ever want to borrow my soapbox to stand on your very welcome as soon as I get it back from AFKA, or was it Elf's or Paul fox 🤔
  • Results points results points results points results points.
  • seth plum said:
    Do we want somebody who might have hodophobia in his genes?

From wiki

‘With the widespread introduction of the motor-vehicle in the early 20th century, Pembury Hospital hosted a centre of groundbreaking research and treatment for hodophobia (fear of road travel). Some of the original test subjects settled in Pembury and many of their descendants still live in the village today.’

Could cost TS a fortune in planes, trains, and sedan chairs.
    My Valley Express coach stops at Pembury so I'll comfort him if he jumps on for games.
  • seth plum said:

From wiki

‘With the widespread introduction of the motor-vehicle in the early 20th century, Pembury Hospital hosted a centre of groundbreaking research and treatment for hodophobia (fear of road travel). Some of the original test subjects settled in Pembury and many of their descendants still live in the village today.’

My Valley Express coach stops at Pembury so I'll comfort him if he jumps on for games.
    I too get that coach, introduce yourself next time, just look for the large bloke who gets on at Battle.
  • seth plum said:

From wiki

I too get that coach, introduce yourself next time, just look for the large bloke who gets on at Battle.
    Will do mate. I'm the loner who gets on at flimwell 
  • ozaddick said:
    That garner podcast episode is a great listen. He's definitely gone way up in my opinion. I could see why TS would like him. 
    This is it mate. 
    I opened the YouTube link, and found the podcast program so I could listen in the car. It's an in-depth conversation for 90 odd minutes. 

https://youtu.be/7sKFHELgNFQ 
  • ozaddick said:
    I can only find this one

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2YaN54rclbq9V91WRH1w9T?si=pTHdj_aHQtuUtPve_y-j_A
  • 3 other Swindon players who look the business .. Goalkeeper Ward .. A big, commanding presence .. Right Back Odimayo, assured and good on the ball as well as a decent defender .. and the old man Baudry in central defence, a player I have admired for  a long time since his Orient days .. 34 is nowadays no age for a  fit and capable no 5/6
    AND Swindon have a youngster with the most glorious name after Luke Waterfall .. George Cowmeadow .. now there's a no bullshit name  :)
    So those 3 look the business along with McKirdy, Payne, Egbo, and Reed who i've seen people say we should be after.

Seriously? This is Swindon, a side who finished 6th in league 2. These players surely are not actually that good at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• barstool said:
    Jason Pearce will be saying on as a new coach and has a new role 
    ????

Where did you hear that one?
  • RedChaser said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Another ex-Palace wanker.

F**k off Ben and f**k off Thomas
    TWAT
    PRICK
    Fifteen all, new balls please 😉
    Sort it out round the back of Costco after school. 
  • RedChaser said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Another ex-Palace wanker.

F**k off Ben and f**k off Thomas
    TWAT
    PRICK
    Fifteen all, new balls please 😉
    Sort it out round the back of Costco after school. 
    Or Makro
  • Let’s assume the Charlton job is/was between the two below. Blind CV, who you choosing?

Michael Beale:

Academy roles at Liverpool.

3 years as assistant manager at Rangers and Villa. One league title at Rangers, 25 points ahead of Celtic who were in a bit of a rebuild at the time. 

Ben Garner:

Academy roles at Palace.

1st team coach at Palace, promoted to Premier League in first season in that role (Holloway was manager).

Two years as a Premier League first team coach at Palace, finishing 11th and 10th (worked under three different managers during that period).

West Brom first team coach in the Premier League, 10th place finish. 

Manager at Bristol Rovers in League One. Sacked in November.

Manager at Swindon in League Two lose on penalties in playoff semi-finals.

The one I could afford and was prepared to take on the job 😊

Personally I think Garner knows more about our level of player and has managed in difficult circumstances with success so I would go for him.
  • DA9 said:
    ozaddick said:
    I can only find this one

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2YaN54rclbq9V91WRH1w9T?si=pTHdj_aHQtuUtPve_y-j_A
    That’s the same as the YouTube one
  • edited May 2022
    I wonder what the reaction to Garner would be if he had exactly the same experience but had worked at another club not named Palace.