Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• I thought this topic was done to death a few months ago. TS stated somewhere that MS identified the players, SG negotiated the transfer fee and contracts and TS signed it off
    Manager identifies the players and positions he wants and SG team does the rest … 
    precisely what esm says ts said above
  • At the Valley today. Quizzed the head of comms who revealed absolutely nothing about the new manager. But the refurb of main reception looks very snazzy. Henry Irving, reporting live from SE7 for Charlton Live TV
    Think you should re evaluate you interviewing technique Henry.

• edited May 2022
    Changes? A bloke who is pumping his money into the club wants his players not to be unfit and train with more intensity to deliver football results? Not even something worth talking about, Christ 
    It depends what he suggested. He could have suggested to JJ that training be more intense and focused or he could have stepped onto the training pitch and started offering specific advice and suggestions. Both make him look like a tit IMO, but the former is more forgivable. 
  • Chris Powell isn’t going to work for Thomas Sandgaard, Rich Cawley hasn’t made a mistake re Garner and the reason I know about MS attempting to make a change to training is because the professionals were incredulous.
    Stroppy coaches overseeing very poor performance sulking that someone asks them why don't they try something different? 

We have had poor coaching in the first team for at least two years. Need a lot of changes top to bottom. 
    And MS is the man with the answers? If only he’d got here sooner. 
  • My brother in law claims Ben Garner is a "pound shop Ten Haag"

All because I compared Garner to the new Ipswich gaffer

God I hope this works out.....if it ever bloody happens
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    My brother in law claims Ben Garner is a "pound shop Ten Haag"

All because I compared Garner to the new Ipswich gaffer

God I hope this works out.....if it ever bloody happens
    Whats so special about Ten Haag? Ajax have been a top club in Netherlands long before he managed them. Yes they had a good cup run but Greece won a cup in a similar format, wheres that manager now?
  • Chris Powell isn’t going to work for Thomas Sandgaard, Rich Cawley hasn’t made a mistake re Garner and the reason I know about MS attempting to make a change to training is because the professionals were incredulous.
    Now now, not on this thread please if you don’t mind.

AFKA has spoken………twice!
  • Anyone who thinks that having the owner’s unqualified son in a position of authority in the football set-up is remotely sensible is clearly capable of any mental gymnastics necessary to believe what they want to believe. It’s the same delusional thinking which has sought to justify the spivs, Duchatelet and ESI. It doesn’t of itself make Thomas Sandgaard the same as any of those, but it’s unlikely to be a good thing.

We all want things to be better and to get out of this shitty division, but we are here because of a succession of toxic owners, not toxic fans. As long as the club continues to fail there will be people looking for explanations. They are not the problem.

But it wasn’t working 🤷‍♀️
    So it was continuing to fail………with or without the input of any owner or son.

JJ was asked to step up, along with all his colleagues and they couldn’t deliver.

Are you saying that’s TS & MS fault too?

I genuinely want to know what you think or know.

I’m more than gutted it didn’t work for JJ but something wasn’t right.
  • Anyone who thinks that having the owner’s unqualified son in a position of authority in the football set-up is remotely sensible is clearly capable of any mental gymnastics necessary to believe what they want to believe. It’s the same delusional thinking which has sought to justify the spivs, Duchatelet and ESI. It doesn’t of itself make Thomas Sandgaard the same as any of those, but it’s unlikely to be a good thing.

We all want things to be better and to get out of this shitty division, but we are here because of a succession of toxic owners, not toxic fans. As long as the club continues to fail there will be people looking for explanations. They are not the problem.

But but but it's the negativynof the fans that has dragged the club down.  I know because the rose tinted one told me on Charlton Life............... 

Anyway Garner has not left Swindon but they have started looking for a new manager, for what it's worth. 
  • Billy_Mix said:
    I thought this topic was done to death a few months ago. TS stated somewhere that MS identified the players, SG negotiated the transfer fee and contracts and TS signed it off
    Manager identifies the players and positions he wants and SG team does the rest … 
    Not quite Billy, I said MS identifies the players not the manager. 

Take no notice of what RonnieMoore says, he is a know nothing plum.
  • paulfox said:
    As boring and easy an explanation as it is, I’m guessing if it’s a done deal with Garner, TS wants to come over have a face to face and be here for the announcement, which I think is the right thing to do. If TS wasn’t here for it people would jump on his back and say he doesn’t care.🤷🏻‍♂️, if it is Garner, I don’t have a clue about him which really doesn’t matter as long as he gives me an enjoyable winning team to support, the same will apply for whomever takes over.
    Waiting a week just for an ego wank photo op is juvenile in the extreme.  The new manager/head-coach/lickspittlinchief/whatever needs all the time available to assemble something like a squad in the very brief interlude before pre-season rolls around - season starts 29 July don't forget - there's nothing to be gained from sitting on hands and gurning at a photographer, we just need scarfy on the OS
    WIOTOS (it'll be too naffing late)
  • Love the replies, a bit more polite than our lot would be in the same situation 
  • Billy_Mix said:
    I thought this topic was done to death a few months ago. TS stated somewhere that MS identified the players, SG negotiated the transfer fee and contracts and TS signed it off

let's add 2 to 2

TS quote "MS identifies the player"
    Other quote " Manager identifies...etc"

ergo MS = Manager 

Plain as the nose on my face
  • Anyone considered that Garner isn't happy with the money being offered and that is the delay? #justsaying
  • Sponsored links:

• Billy_Mix said:
    Billy_Mix said:

let's add 2 to 2

TS quote "MS identifies the player"
    Other quote " Manager identifies...etc"

ergo MS = Manager 

Plain as the nose on my face
    The way I understood it (and it's the way many other clubs operate) is the manager identifies the type of player they need (e.g. quick striker, very direct, strong) and then the recruitment team identify possible matches, the manager says yes/no, Gallen goes and gets them.

This is the way a lot of clubs run. Kloop didn't go and find Diaz himself. He gave the criteria and the Liverpool backroom team went and found a player fitting that criteria.
  • Hex said:
    Jac_52 said:
    For added context, and, because "hUr DuR wHy YOu hAtE MaRTiN tHoUGh" (because apparently that's the reason) a look at the job skills requirement for an U23 performance analyst at Man city (yes I know city are at the elite end of the footballing spectrum

And a job description for a recruitment analyst at spurs:

https://www.hub-soccer.com/2020/09/07/recruitment-analyst-tottenham-hotspur/

Good to confirm that absolutely anyone with half a brain could do these jobs with minimal training.
    You mean an accountant ?

Can I help?

• Anyone considered that Garner isn't happy with the money being offered and that is the delay? #justsaying
    That makes it sound uncertain. Don’t think Cawley would had shared anything if it wasn’t very close.
  • The interviews that Sandgaard has been having since Crawley put his Graner story out must have been something to behold. I wonder what the first question from the candidate was? Wouldn't be at all surprised if some didn't bother. Hardly a raging success, especially if Garner wasn't your first or second choice anyway. What a shambles we have become.
  • Scoham said:
    Anyone considered that Garner isn't happy with the money being offered and that is the delay? #justsaying
    That makes it sound uncertain. Don’t think Cawley would had shared anything if it wasn’t very close.
    I think it's done just that Cawley let the cat out of the bag early, TS then says we are still interviewing to provide a smokescreen, but in reality he just wants to be here himself to announce it because he likes being in the limelight and it's the way he rolls, like it or lump it. 
  • Scoham said:
    Anyone considered that Garner isn't happy with the money being offered and that is the delay? #justsaying

I only rarely get snippets. It comes from someone very close to all this and this is the indication I have just been given. As of yesterday Garner was close to walking away from the deal.

Not saying it won't happen, or that a deal had been close. But if the whisper I have received is true, then something has changed in the last 36 hours.
    Cue a certain forum member trashing this post and then if it turns out to be true spinning it to suit his agenda.
  • Scoham said:
    I think it's done just that Cawley let the cat out of the bag early, TS then says we are still interviewing to provide a smokescreen, but in reality he just wants to be here himself to announce it because he likes being in the limelight and it's the way he rolls, like it or lump it. 
    Was Thomas here when Adkins was announced, I honestly can't remember.

I wouldn't be surprised if something has changed in the last 48 hours, I would be surprised if it was money.
  • edited May 2022
    Whatever the hold up is, TS, MS, Uncle Tom Cobly... we all know ..Apparently, that Garner is in the door, so FFS GET ON AND ANNOUNCE IT, this is getting Sooooo 'kin Booooring...🙄😴
     Really wouldn't be surprised. Jackson took an age to sign his and look at the caveats that were involved there.

Will Sandgaard ever learn that hiring a football manager is a little different to hiring a replacement for Kevin in Medical product development and sales?