Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• TS is holding off making any announcement now as it’s a big one and we’ll all be wetting ourselves with excitement when the new Management team is revealed..

…. or perhaps not 
  • J BLOCK said:
    This decision on a manager should have been made weeks ago, it's almost as if sacking Jackson was done without any succession planning. Jackson for example has been sacked, interviewed, hired and had over 2 weeks at his new club already. 

TS is failing to learn from last Summers mistakes. 
    How could they if the managers they wanted were still involved in their seasons 
    You dont think someone can take a couple of hours out of their day to attend an interview. Or are football managers different to millions of other employees who go for interviews & have a job lined up before resigning from their current position. 

• My take on what has happened:

- TS interviewed Garner and agreed compo with Swindon
    - Another manager potentially higher up on his list is now interested (maybe Beale)
    - TS wants to take his time to see if he can get someone better than Garner
    - Swindon want to force the issue and leak it to the press (Cawley)

We may very well still get Garner who I don't think would be a bad choice.
    My thoughts as well
  • arny23394 said:
    Why are people labelled bedwetters for being concerned that we have no manager, and about 3 players good enough for a promotion chasing team? It’s exactly 2 months until our first game and we have so much to do. Bizarre.
    Because people are sometimes hard of thinking and don't have a cogent argument to the contrary; so they resort to ridicule.
  • My take on what has happened:

- TS interviewed Garner and agreed compo with Swindon
    - Another manager potentially higher up on his list is now interested (maybe Beale)
    - TS wants to take his time to see if he can get someone better than Garner
    - Swindon want to force the issue and leak it to the press (Cawley)

We may very well still get Garner who I don't think would be a bad choice.
    My take on it is that we have already got Garner (and Richard Cawley is correct), but TS is playing silly buggers and wants to announce it when in the UK and have a few photo opportunities for his social media. Of course, as soon as he announces it is Garner, TS is going to look like a right tit having denied it more times than Judas.

Beale was never a realistic prospect - too expensive and would never drop to the third division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well beale was being interviewed for the QPR / Blackburn jobs now Robinson is favourite for thr Qpr job and Duncan furguson for Blackburn so maybe just maybe beale could be available for us now but I certainly won't be holding my breath 
  • Meanwhile Garner is caught up in the middle of all of this. 

Swindon are out there looking for his replacement and we refuse to announce him. Poor bloke might be out of a job through no fault of his own.
  • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">CLUB STATEMENT | Swindon Town can confirm that Director of Football, Ben Chorley, has resigned from his post today.<br><br>We want to thank Ben for everything, and wish him well for the future.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/STFC?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#STFC</a> 🔴⚪️<a href="https://t.co/Qy66UVLOUE">https://t.co/Qy66UVLOUE</a></p>&mdash; Swindon Town FC (@Official_STFC) <a href="">May 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Interesting re Chorley 
  • edited May 2022
    chev said:
    I dont know much about Ben Chorley but I would be encouraged greatly if we hired a DOF.

Edit: I see Gallen is the current DOF. Must admit I thought he had another role.
  • Gallen going? 2 for 1?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    chev said:
    I dont know much about Ben Chorley but I would be encouraged greatly if we hired a DOF.
    Forget the job titles Chorley and Ganer were a pair.  Probably more so than the coaches.  Would be, at least, whelmed if we got both.  Verging in the over. 
  • Local lad, originally from Sidcup too
  • West2003 said:
    Having to wait for the owner to come over in order to appoint a manager is just bizarre. Imagine if Man Utd held off on naming Ten Hag because they had to wait for the Glazers to get through baggage reclaim at Manchester airport. Strange behaviour.
    But there are people hereabouts who think he should have waited to come over to give JJ the sack in person...
  • WSS said:
    Gallen going? 2 for 1?
    Different job roles, similar titles. 
  • Hopefully we get the pair of them. 
    Yes this would be very promising.
  • So now we are maybe going for the whole Swindon set up, DoF, Manager, and two coaches, this whole thing is getting very complicated, if it is so, it is little wonder there is a delay in making any new announcements, anyway WIOTOS eh...
  • chev said:

Edit: I see Gallen is the current DOF. Must admit I thought he had another role.
    He does, Gallen’s current title is Director of Recruiting.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61c596681c4de/update-on-roles-of-steve-gallen-and-martin-sandgaard