Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

I'd say his sacking was absolutely none of those.
    He'd be the same person saying it was disgraceful to negotiate with another manager while JJ was still in charge.
  • Options
    Could be rubbish but Warburton apparently in talks with Birmingham

• Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Out of order that, next clubs will be announcing players before the window opens.  Oh just us then.
  • Options
    Think the pool we are fishing in is 

Out of work or lower league managers.

Can’t see anyone coming from a good club with TS calling all the shots. Not enough football DNA involved in football decisions. 
    Also can’t see Sandgaard paying compensation for anyone. Hope I’m wrong. 
  • Options
    Not saying he would come to us but Warburton would be mad to go to Birmingham. No hope of lasting long there.
  • Options
    I see it's between Lee Johnson and Michael Appleton for the Hibernian Job.
  • Options
    Really can't see Warburton coming.
    From what I've seen his stock is still pretty high and many think he was harshly treated by QPR.

No way he'd come to this nut house.
    More to the point, why would any experienced manager come when TS had made quite clear the recruitment of the squad has little or nothing to do with them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not saying he would come to us but Warburton would be mad to go to Birmingham. No hope of lasting long there.
    Possibly, but they’ll have new owner, a division above us, will pay more than us and expectations are low. If he does well it sets him up nicely for his next job. Nothing to lose for him.
  • Options
    Warburton supposedly off to Birmingham.
    JFH ruled out.
    Lennon doesn’t fit the style of play mantra.

I make it between Beale, Ferguson and Bonner .

Beale after his first manager role?  

Ferguson like him or not he does play attacking football.  Experience at this level.

Bonner, done very well with limited resources, young and might see now as the best time to jump ship as the sharks are circling for their players.

• Options
    I see nobody has mentioned Shadab Iftikhar yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I think that’s Warburton out of the mix then, we won’t match their wages and they’re a league above, if true. I would rule out Beale personally, if he was still at Rangers I could see it, don’t see him leaving Aston Villa on presumably 5 figures a week. 

I reckon the most logical appointment is Ferguson, he’s out of work, plays attacking football and recently been promoted out of this league. I can’t see us going for Bonner, Taylor or Duffy. Reckon they’ll fancy staying put for now. 

I do wonder the response if it is Ferguson, I personally would be content on the basis he makes good signings and has had Peterborough playing some really nice football in this league. Huge question marks on him as a championship manager but that’s quite a pretty bridge to worry about crossing if we can get to it.
  • Options
    Ferguson is appealing for League One. Strange how it’s never worked out for him in The Championship, not just with The Posh, but Preston as well. Not so sure about some off his off-field allegations.
  • Options
    Just dropped my lad off at nursery near sparrows lane.  

The entrance bar is down and there is security further down, this is never usually the case, something going on today??
  • Options
    Im gunning for Matt Taylor now as my personal number one choice. The fact he played for us doesnt even factor into my thinking but just what he has achieved and has decent experience as a manager who might be looking for the next step. 
  • Options
    I see it's between Lee Johnson and Michael Appleton for the Hibernian Job.
    Robinson strongly linked yesterday.
  • Options
    Ferguson is appealing for League One. Strange how it’s never worked out for him in The Championship, not just with The Posh, but Preston as well. Not so sure about some off his off-field allegations.
    Be interesting if Darren Bent was on CATV......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No idea what you’re talking about there 😂
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He was knobbing Ferguson's ex wife.
  • Options
    Just dropped my lad off at nursery near sparrows lane.  

The entrance bar is down and there is security further down, this is never usually the case, something going on today??
    False alarm.

I took the liberty to pull up and ask the security, he said nothing to do with new manager, they’ve got workers in and out all day as they’re ripping out and replacing the showers.

Bloody TS blowing the budget on hygiene!!!
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    From what I've seen his stock is still pretty high and many think he was harshly treated by QPR.

More to the point, why would any experienced manager come when TS had made quite clear the recruitment of the squad has little or nothing to do with them?
     If a raft of signings show up before the New manager then it's time to be very concerned.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

If a raft of signings show up before the New manager then it's time to be very concerned.
    Unless you believe the rumours on Twitter I am sure TS can afford other methods of getting the signings here.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He was knobbing Ferguson's ex wife.
    Same wife that accused him of assault I assume. 
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Unlikely any players will be signed before the new manager is announced. 
  • Options
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

I'd say his sacking was absolutely none of those.
    You also have to take in consideration the diff finishing of the leagues .. if we want Beale we may have to wait another 4 weeks by the time he has a holiday as well .. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I see nobody has mentioned Shadab Iftikhar yet.
    Probably because it is too tricky spelling his name! :)