Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ferguson is appealing for League One. Strange how it’s never worked out for him in The Championship, not just with The Posh, but Preston as well. Not so sure about some off his off-field allegations.
    Be interesting if Darren Bent was on CATV......
    No idea what you’re talking about there 😂
    He was knobbing Ferguson's ex wife.
    Same wife that accused him of assault I assume. 
    Yep.

The same one that keeps getting arrested for driving while coked off her tits as well.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:
    Really can't see Warburton coming.
    From what I've seen his stock is still pretty high and many think he was harshly treated by QPR.

No way he'd come to this nut house.
    More to the point, why would any experienced manager come when TS had made quite clear the recruitment of the squad has little or nothing to do with them?
     If a raft of signings show up before the New manager then it's time to be very concerned.
    Unlikely any players will be signed before the new manager is announced. 
    ...But someone other than a the new manager has already made decisions as to who to extend and who to release. That all has implications and limitations as to who a new manager can sign to build his squad.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:
    From what I've seen his stock is still pretty high and many think he was harshly treated by QPR.

More to the point, why would any experienced manager come when TS had made quite clear the recruitment of the squad has little or nothing to do with them?
     If a raft of signings show up before the New manager then it's time to be very concerned.
    I agree, Unless of course a new manager is lined up already, but not officially allowed to announce due to contractual issues, if so, he could already have run the rule 👀over any MS/JJ/SG suggestions 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ferguson is appealing for League One. Strange how it’s never worked out for him in The Championship, not just with The Posh, but Preston as well. Not so sure about some off his off-field allegations.
    Yep.

The same one that keeps getting arrested for driving while coked off her tits as well.
    Sound a lovely couple 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

...But someone other than a the new manager has already made decisions as to who to extend and who to release. That all has implications and limitations as to who a new manager can sign to build his squad.
    I think Conor was the only surprise. The others were almost certainly going to be released no matter who the manager was.

Conor being released leads to 3 possible conclusions:
    1) The club and player were too far away on the any possible deal, meaning the a contract wouldn't be agreed no matter who the manager
    2) A new manager has been identified and has said he doesn't want Conor
    3) The club has decided to get rid

Option 3 is the only possibly negative scenario, and then only if there isn't the budget/recruitment to get a a better alternative in. 
  • Options
    Warburton supposedly off to Birmingham.
    JFH ruled out.
    Lennon doesn’t fit the style of play mantra.

I make it between Beale, Ferguson and Bonner .

Beale after his first manager role?  

Ferguson like him or not he does play attacking football.  Experience at this level.

Bonner, done very well with limited resources, young and might see now as the best time to jump ship as the sharks are circling for their players.

You missed out Steve Kean
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    DA9 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

I agree, Unless of course a new manager is lined up already, but not officially allowed to announce due to contractual issues, if so, he could have already have run the rule 👀over any MS/JJ/SG suggestions 
    They were still negotiating/interviewing as of 10pmish last night. So presume they have a top choice.
    The word 'negotiating' certainly makes me feel they have offered to someone. 
    It would also suggest to me that they were not far from reaching an agreement or they would have packed up and started again in the morning. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    DA9 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

I agree, Unless of course a new manager is lined up already, but not officially allowed to announce due to contractual issues, if so, he could have already have run the rule 👀over any MS/JJ/SG suggestions 
    They were still negotiating/interviewing as of 10pmish last night. So presume they have a top choice.
    I think they may have too. 
    So, reading between the lines is that an ITK hint at Warburton, with the reported interest from Brum,... B)
  • Options
    Let’s hope they are finalising someone. Bolton and Ipswich already signing players and if we want promotion next season, they’re likely to be two competitors or at least two other ‘big’ clubs in our division that will be looking at similar players to us.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    DA9 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

It would also suggest to me that they were not far from reaching an agreement or they would have packed up and started again in the morning. 
    Remember US time difference 10pm uk was 3pm Colorado. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

I think Conor was the only surprise. The others were almost certainly going to be released no matter who the manager was.

1) The club and player were too far away on the any possible deal, meaning the a contract wouldn't be agreed no matter who the manager

Option 3 is the only possibly negative scenario, and then only if there isn't the budget/recruitment to get a a better alternative in. 
    Option 4 - The club want to aim higher than Conor and don't want to waste a squad place and wages on him?
    That's just a reason for Option 3 rather than a separate option, but I agree. The club has x squad places and a budget of y. The new manager should obviously have a big input on who we get in within those constraints, but I see no reason to release players if the consensus within the recruitment team (hopefully with input from coaches) is that we can do better given whatever the values of x and y are.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

Option 4 - The club want to aim higher than Conor and don't want to waste a squad place and wages on him?
    That's just a reason for Option 3 rather than a separate option, but I agree. The club has x squad places and a budget of y. The new manager should obviously have a big input on who we get in within those constraints, but I see no reason to release players if the consensus within the recruitment team (hopefully with input from coaches) is that we can do better given whatever the values of x and y are.
    Surely if the club and coaches believe we can do better then that is exactly the reason to release players, no?
  • Options
    I see Rob Edwards the forest Green manager now in advanced talks to become new Watford Manager.
    Like it or not, that’s the kind of club we’re competing with for a new manager. Birmingham look they’ve got Warburton as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Birmingham coach Mark Kennedy and Michael Carrick favs for Lincoln job .. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    DA9 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

Can I ask how you know they were interviewing last night, hope its true, need someone in ASAP.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    DA9 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

Can I ask how you know they were interviewing last night, hope its true, need someone in ASAP.
    Sorry if I phrased that poorly, they had not finished the interviewing/negotiating process as of 10pm last night, suggesting that both were ongoing. And you can trust that it's true.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    DA9 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

Sorry if I phrased that poorly, they had not finished the interviewing/negotiating process as of 10pm last night, suggesting that both were ongoing. And you can trust that it's true.
    Interviewing and negotiating are two very different things. Are they negotiating with a candidate or are they still interviewing multiple candidates?
  • Options
    Highly doubt Steve Keane is a serious candidate. Probably just his agent. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Yep.

Sound a lovely couple 
    Katie Price?
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    DA9 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:

Interviewing and negotiating are two very different things. Are they negotiating with a candidate or are they still interviewing multiple candidates?
    Could be negotiating with their preferred candidate whilst still interviewing others if those negotiations don't work out?
    This is how I see it.