Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    RedRobin said:

Some good news at last from Rich...I feel would be a good choice..
  • I was told this information in late 2021, I was told not to keep it to myself which I did do.

But now I will share it on here.

I know someone who works for the club in the medical setup.

This person told me in December 2021, that the atmosphere in the dressing room at that time was awful, almost toxic.

Some of the first team squad were barely speaking to each other.
    And Jackson had all but lost the changing room.

The reason behind this unrest was Covid.. 

Some senior players (I don’t know names or numbers) but certainly two, possibly more players were committed Anti Vaxers.

Other players felt unhappy to mix with anyone who refused to be vaccinated. This divided the squad and hence caused bad feeling.

Because of this, some players shunned the Christmas party.
    I also understand that some people who did attend the Christmas party then tested positive for Covid days after attending the party.
    Jackson being one of those.

This caused further bad feeling and unrest.

I don’t know any more, but I will speculate and say that this may well be part of the reason we had such a bad January, and then struggled for the remainder of the season.

Cheers 
    I don't really understand the resentment here though??
  • https://youtu.be/RscIufZ-HqU

Matt Taylor on Exeter’s season ^
  • sholland said:
    Nice one Cawley. This should put some pressure on Warburton to sign ;-)

Especially following the news that Bowyer is staying at brum.
  • I was told this information in late 2021, I was told not to keep it to myself which I did do.

But now I will share it on here.

I know someone who works for the club in the medical setup.

This person told me in December 2021, that the atmosphere in the dressing room at that time was awful, almost toxic.

Some of the first team squad were barely speaking to each other.
    And Jackson had all but lost the changing room.

The reason behind this unrest was Covid.. 

Some senior players (I don’t know names or numbers) but certainly two, possibly more players were committed Anti Vaxers.

Other players felt unhappy to mix with anyone who refused to be vaccinated. This divided the squad and hence caused bad feeling.

Because of this, some players shunned the Christmas party.
    I also understand that some people who did attend the Christmas party then tested positive for Covid days after attending the party.
    Jackson being one of those.

This caused further bad feeling and unrest.

I don’t know any more, but I will speculate and say that this may well be part of the reason we had such a bad January, and then struggled for the remainder of the season.

Cheers 
    I don't really understand the resentment here though??
    If half your work mates phoned in sick, through what you thought was a self inflicted reason, would you be happy?

I think the Christmas games being called off due the Christmas party has been suggested before by Airman but happy to be corrected.

• Sponsored links:

• sholland said:
    Does the fact this is in the public domain mean anything?  I’d be fairly happy with this, although I think Exeter were very clean sheet based rather than attacking football?  Happy to be corrected on that.  

One things for certain, if he goes after four years of building a promotion team, coupled with the fact the article mentions funding being withheld to do up their training ground, I’ll be pumping money on them to go straight back down.
  • I would be happy with Taylor but he doesn't fit the experience of The Championship TS said he wanted.
  • sholland said:
    Does the fact this is in the public domain mean anything?  I’d be fairly happy with this, although I think Exeter were very clean sheet based rather than attacking football?  Happy to be corrected on that.  

One things for certain, if he goes after four years of building a promotion team, coupled with the fact the article mentions funding being withheld to do up their training ground, I’ll be pumping money on them to go straight back down.
    Lowest scorers in the top seven, but third best defence in the entire League
  • sholland said:

They were but that is a good place to start and a Manager can only cut his cloth according to the tools he's given - their top two scorers had 26 goals between them and they still only missed out on being Champions on goal difference.
  • cfgs said:
    I would be happy with Taylor but he doesn't fit the experience of The Championship TS said he wanted.
    Can’t remember who shared that but it turned out the poster said they’d like Championship experience and TS said it makes sense.

Given TS has also talked about young coaches being an option I don’t think he’s fixed on the idea that the new manager needs to have managed in the Championship.
  • Scoham said:
    cfgs said:
    I would be happy with Taylor but he doesn't fit the experience of The Championship TS said he wanted.
    Can’t remember who shared that but it turned out the poster said they’d like Championship experience and TS said it makes sense.

Given TS has also talked about young coaches being an option I don’t think he’s fixed on the idea that the new manager needs to have managed in the Championship.
    Thank you for the clarification
  • ButtleJR said:
    https://youtu.be/RscIufZ-HqU

Speaks very well here. Uploaded an hour ago
    Must be him, it’s says in about the second minute that he was after Marquis signings last summer! We’re getting ourselves ahead in the game for him!
  • sholland said:

They were better defensively this season but they did lose their whole attack pretty much last summer. The year before they scored a lot more but leaked goals. 

Taylor switched to a 3-4-1-2 for this season so he might try and pick up where Jackson left off. If so he will hopefully bring Josh Key with him to play right wing back 
  • Sponsored links:

• In truth, be very happy with this 👍 Wasn’t there an Exeter player that we were after but went slightly higher up the pyramid? Could have been Peterborough.
  • Not a serious suggestion, but thinking about Taylor reminded me of Leon Cort. 

I wonder what his up to these days. 
  • Re Euell I dont think assistants stepping up for the main job once their boss has gone have any real demonstrable history of success from the ones that have done so in England over the years? (Someone will name some belters now!)

Surely if they had the answer they would have shared it with their boss when the going got tough. 

As much as I respect him I'm not sure handing Euell the reins is the way forward as we seem to need a complete new script perhaps.
    As I said above, Euell played with Taylor in our League 1 winning team. If Taylor is joining then I'm sure Euell would have been asked whether he thought he could work with him and equally Taylor would be asked a similar question as opposed to bringing in his own backroom staff. 

• Addick_8 said:
    I think the fact now it’s been released into the public domain, there is a chance this is fairly close. 

Risky appointment but one I would be happy with. I think Warburton will get/hold out for a championship gig. 
    All appointments are a risk. Powell and Bowyer did better jobs than experienced managers in Robinson and Slade, while Jackson got more from this seasons squad than Adkins.