Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Bearing in mind Curbs already works for the club on the tv channel and has seen most of our games last season.  I do think TS would be mad not to have a chat with him about footballing matters at the club and get his views. Might be worth considering involving him  if willing in the interview process. For I know that might already be happening or Curbs might prefer not to get involved with any of it.
    Curbs thinks Gilbey is good. That should be enough for you all to realise that he has been out of the game for too long.
    Gilbey isn’t a bad player. I’ve seen him run games when he wants to. Sadly, that’s the problem. Sometimes he turns up, sometimes he doesn’t, same with Lee.
    Sorry, what's an example of when he has 'run a game'? He makes one run a game more like
    It’s my opinion. You have a different one and that’s fine. I don’t have to explain every post on here. 
    Bad day?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Bearing in mind Curbs already works for the club on the tv channel and has seen most of our games last season.  I do think TS would be mad not to have a chat with him about footballing matters at the club and get his views. Might be worth considering involving him  if willing in the interview process. For I know that might already be happening or Curbs might prefer not to get involved with any of it.
    Curbs thinks Gilbey is good. That should be enough for you all to realise that he has been out of the game for too long.
    Gilbey isn’t a bad player. I’ve seen him run games when he wants to. Sadly, that’s the problem. Sometimes he turns up, sometimes he doesn’t, same with Lee.
    Sorry, what's an example of when he has 'run a game'? He makes one run a game more like
    It’s my opinion. You have a different one and that’s fine. I don’t have to explain every post on here. 
    Bad day?
    🥱
  • Options
    Incredibly uncredible I should think. However, I reckon the signs are pointing to it happening soon.
  • Options
    Incredibly uncredible I should think. However, I reckon the signs are pointing to it happening soon.
    Only has 152 followers, so can't believe freelance Dann has got much right in the year he's been on Twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Probably different interpretations of ‘good’. I think Gilbey is good in the sense that he has the technical  ability to travel with the ball at his feet with pace far higher than the vast majority of players at L1 level, and that should be a real asset to the team. But it’s not been utilised in the right way, attacking the right zones from the right angles, and I think overall he had a poor season. I’m sure there are varying reasons for that. 

Curbs can bring me in as his young assistant if he likes…
    He is good at that one thing, and it is usually worthless as his final ball/end product is poor so all he is good for is getting us up the pitch. He can’t pass, can’t tackle, goes hiding/missing often. He was really good when JJ first took over, he was also good when Adkins first took over. But outside of those 2 short spells he’s been really poor for 2 years. I hope he isn’t near the team next year 
  • Options
    The fact it was set up in March 2021 and has only tweeted a couple of times, I’d say it’s not credible. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

This is a little bit credible, certainly grumblings at the Exeter end that he is leaving them. 
    To be fair they’re just following the odds, which really don’t mean much in terms of managerial appointments.
  • Options
    It’s going to be Wayne Mumford isn’t it….
  • Options
    Sam Ricketts

Discuss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Sam Ricketts

Discuss
    Jus took this off his Wiki.

"After leaving Shrewsbury Town in November 2020, Ricketts opened a builder’s merchant"

Least if he came in we might get materials on the cheap!

Edit - Leuth beat me to it! Haha
  • Options
    i hope TS gets Curbs in
    Why,  that would be a disaster……. It’s like saying Joan Collins is a looker I’d love to be on her arm.  It’s a long time ago…. Get real
  • Options
    Just want it done soon, so that I can continue to convince myself that I need a ST that I can't afford.
  • Options
    Huge club like Charlton?
    It's not even a step up according to some.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sam Ricketts

Discuss
    Oh great shout!!

After leaving Shrewsbury Town in November 2020, Ricketts opened a builder’s merchant.[71]
    Build a wall = low press? Is that what the owner wants?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sam Ricketts

Discuss
    Oh great shout!!

After leaving Shrewsbury Town in November 2020, Ricketts opened a builder’s merchant.[71]
    Build a wall = low press? Is that what the owner wants?
    Leaky defence sorted....

Your team for the Gunners game - Page 2 -
  • Options
    Can anyone with more knowledge give me some information on why Matt Taylor is so sort after (apart from the obvious has achieved promotion).

I’ve watched a couple of interviews with him and like the way he articulates himself, but will be interested to know what sort of football Exeter play, what sort of budget he was working towards, how good their youth system is etc.
  • Options
    Can anyone with more knowledge give me some information on why Matt Taylor is so sort after (apart from the obvious has achieved promotion).

I’ve watched a couple of interviews with him and like the way he articulates himself, but will be interested to know what sort of football Exeter play, what sort of budget he was working towards, how good their youth system is etc.
    He wasn't mentioned before Exeter were promoted at his 4th attempt.
    The fact that he's ex-Charlton, we are obsessed with bringing back ex-players and he's comparatively young are the only other reasons that I can see.
    Fair points to be honest. But I suppose being a league one club the best you can expect is to either get a young manager excelling at the level beneath us, or an experienced manager whose previously excelled above us but is on the downslope of his career.

Those that excel at our current level would go onto championship clubs.

The only other type are journeymen drifters like Lee Johnson, Phil Parkinson, etc.

And of course the 'educated punt' like Beale whose never had a managerial job.

Taylor is probably the best we can realistically get.