Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• My understanding is the hold up is due to Michael wanting to replace Addicks to Victory with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rclcc0RS1DY
  • I'm just telling myself its Beale now so I can park it and move on 😂😂
  • edited May 2022
    Matt Taylor doing punditry on league 2 play offs tonight, just saying……
  • I'm holding out hope it'll be Beale.  Think he's the most interesting & exciting option
    That we know of.
  • Matt Taylor doing punditry on leave 1 play off tonight, just saying……
    Running the eye over Davison and Johnny.  Just saying.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Is it just the Celtic thing that put people off Lennon?
    Genuinely interested in the answer.
    Yes
    Pathetic 
    Why is it pathetic?
    Because it’s Scottish Football.
    Because it’s sectarian nonsense that belongs in the Middle Ages.
    Because it has feck all to do with us.

I could go on.
    I don't like Celtic in the same way I don't like Palace and Arsenal

I don't like Lennon in the same way I don't like Pardew, Savage or Steve Evans.

Absolutely nothing to do with sectarianism. It's football and everone has their hero's and villains. Lennon and Celtic fall into the latter for me. 
    Wearing red and white striped socks to try and catch Thomas's eye, but Tommy's mind is made up. It's Michael Beale and always has been. Just waiting for Villa's season to end. 
    I'm thinking if Taylor was joining Charlton why would he be on the pitch at Port Vale. 
    He'd be preoccupied with other stuff.
    (Mind you if he agreed to it a few weeks ago, who knows).
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Yes
    Pathetic 
    Why is it pathetic?

I could go on.

Absolutely nothing to do with sectarianism. It's football and everone has their hero's and villains. Lennon and Celtic fall into the latter for me. 
    I realise this is a silly but is it solely cos he’s Celtic/Arsenal/Palace.  Because if we were linked with Arteta surely you’d be alright with that?   
    I'm thinking if Taylor was joining Charlton why would he be on the pitch at Port Vale. 
    He'd be preoccupied with other stuff.
    (Mind you if he agreed to it a few weeks ago, who knows).
    If it was him there is no reason for it not to have been announced.   I think even if he had had a proper interview, not just a chat, it would have been leaked.  All we have heard is Taggy's son spoke to Tissy.

Lots of people at Exeter would know even if he was only given permission to speak to us because the way the club is run.
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Yes
    Pathetic 
    Why is it pathetic?

I could go on.

I realise this is a silly but is it solely cos he’s Celtic/Arsenal/Palace.  Because if we were linked with Arteta surely you’d be alright with that?   
    Arteta is nothing like Lennon though is he? There's probably plenty of Palace and Arsenal and even Celtic people I wouldn't mind being involved at Charlton if it ever come about, but Lennon ain't one of them because he's Neil Lennon AND he's Celtic.

Nb. I've not got any feeling for any Scotting side, although I was rooting for Ranger last night, but I would've also wanted Hearts, Dundee or Aberdeen etc to win if it were them involved. Not Celtic though and not Arsenal or Palace either. Whether it's domestic or European.
  • I think……and I did say think…..that a new manager has already been chosen and agreed.
    Not announced due to them being involved with a club with games still to play.
    Just a hunch. 🤫
  • CH4RLTON said:
    im thinking of lumping on Beale it all seems to be adding up 
    He’s 7/2 with Victor but 6/1 with Hills I’ve just had a go, as well as getting Taylor last week at 9/2
  • Id quite like Beale too. Definitely he and Warburton are my preferred candidates for what it’s worth (nothing, I know). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we only interviewing out of work managers?
    Lennon, Beal, Taylor and JFH are all working.  The only unemployed manager there has even been a wif of was/is Warburton and he was working when Jackson got the tin tac.
    Jackson  was not tin tac for long though. 
    Irrelevant to the question.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Matt Taylor doing punditry on leave 1 play off tonight, just saying……
    League 1 playoffs have finished 
    Shit my Sunderland supporting mate thought it finishes Saturday, better tell him and get him to cancel his flight to Spain.
    I would, the final is being held at Wembley. 
  • I don't wish to go against many peoples opinions on here, but could it be, I know this maybe a little whimsical, that we have selected our next manager already and they in turn have handed a player shopping list to TS, but we haven't made an announcement yet due to them being at a club that's still playing?
    Just a thought. 
    I think it's more likely that sandgaard has approached managers & shown them our player shopping list & they've made their excuses & fled.  :D
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Matt Taylor doing punditry on leave 1 play off tonight, just saying……
    League 1 playoffs have finished 
    Shit my Sunderland supporting mate thought it finishes Saturday, better tell him and get him to cancel his flight to Spain.
    I would, the final is being held at Wembley. 
    https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/20144499.sunderland-fan-travelling-wembley-via-spain/
  • Lennon DoF (Cawley said he won't be manager)

Beale Head Coach
    Jasons Pearce and Euell as assistant coaches

Discuss.......
  • Most likely is Beale, assisted by Euell. 
  • Congratulations 

100 pages up.

What a great achievement