Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Sage said:
    Talal said:
    Another gk kit has popped up online in 'acid lime'. Can't remember the last time we had some interesting looking keeper designs.

They’ll regularly put RSK on the front of that and use it for home keeper shirt. As said at the time of the black keeper, that’s hardly ever going to be used. 
    Yeah probably if no third comes out. Or might use last season's yellow? Doubt many would notice given how bland they are. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Talal said:
    Another gk kit has popped up online in 'acid lime'. Can't remember the last time we had some interesting looking keeper designs.

They’ll regularly put RSK on the front of that and use it for home keeper shirt. As said at the time of the black keeper, that’s hardly ever going to be used. 
    So they did bring out a third after all. The black one seems a bit pointless but expect it'll sell well if it appears on the website again. 

• Options
    The home shirt is a decent colour when you see it next to last seasons blackpool home kit 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can get league1 shirt printing at sports direct ? Jnr wants his name/ a number but I won't be at the Valley any time soon.
  • Options
    Talal said:

I think that's probably my favourite shirt of the lot 
  • Options
    edited August 2023

"Right, how do we tackle Charltons GK shirts this season? Design team, DAZZLE ME"
    8 months, 12 meetings and 17 mock ups later
    "Should we, should we just....make them brighter?"

• Options
    Someone posted a website last week with our new away kit available with a discount, can't seem to find it.. can anyone help?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Someone posted a website last week with our new away kit available with a discount, can't seem to find it.. can anyone help?
    https://www.uksoccershop.com/football-shirts/english-premier-league/charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Shine might be referring to the CFS 20% discount but it ended yesterday. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Talal said:
    Think Shine might be referring to the CFS 20% discount but it ended yesterday. 
    Ffs cheers that's the one 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Had an email with them trying to flog the goalie kits, noticed the blue has been changed to the home one so unless black is going to appear as the third it might be no more 🤷
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Had an email with them trying to flog the goalie kits, noticed the blue has been changed to the home one so unless black is going to appear as the third it might be no more 🤷
    Sold it so fast they forgot to keep some spare for the keepers to actually wear
  • Options
    Aston Villa players have complained about their Castore shirts, claiming they sweat too much in them, the shirts then hold that sweat and become heavy and it is affecting their performances.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66932993

I haven't our players being that sweaty in their Castore kit, maybe we don't run enough!

Villa's women's team are especially concerned...

• Options
    I think Aston has it's own micro climate and that is the problem.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Black goalie shirts were in the club shop on Saturday 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Talal said:
    Black goalie shirts were in the club shop on Saturday 
    Yeah though once those are gone I doubt there will be more as it won't be worn in the league due to EFL colour blind rules. One in a long line of errors by Castore. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would have thought the all black keeper kit would stand out more than the blue kit for colour blind people personally 
  • Options
    🤷 Just what I've been told. 
  • Options
    Newcastle have dumped Castore.
  • Options
    Major said:
    Not exactly a surprise. Their Castore deal was agreed by Mike Ashley and is only for a reported 5m a year, and Castore take all the profits from their club shops. 5m a year is peanuts for a top PL club

Their new deal with Adidas will be for tons more money (a reported 40m a year) and Newcastle will get control of their stores back.
  • Options
    Major said:
    Not exactly a surprise. Their Castore deal was agreed by Mike Ashley and is only for a reported 5m a year, and Castore take all the profits from their club shops. 5m a year is peanuts for a top PL club

Their new deal with Adidas will be for tons more money (a reported 40m a year) and Newcastle will get control of their stores back.
    And there's a definite pecking order with the kit manufacturers, with Nike, Adidas and Puma basically having all the giant football clubs. Newcastle pre Saudis weren't at that level.
  • Options
    yeah, they were struggling for a supplier post the previous Puma contract, and Castore as a smart start up got in there. They are now in a different league and are moving back to Adidas. 

Another interesting one I spotted was Nike losing the Premier League match ball contract to Puma, seems a bit of a moving round of the guard going on at the top. 
  • Options
    Castore will end up the same as Woodworm, who tried to ‘disrupt’ cricket - Woodworm ploughed millions into trying to be the biggest supplier of cricket bats, shirts etc (they paid Flintoff and Pieterson a quarter of a million pounds EACH to have Woodworm stickers on their bats) - ended in failure - Castore will go the same way
  • Options
    Castore will end up the same as Woodworm, who tried to ‘disrupt’ cricket - Woodworm ploughed millions into trying to be the biggest supplier of cricket bats, shirts etc (they paid Flintoff and Pieterson a quarter of a million pounds EACH to have Woodworm stickers on their bats) - ended in failure - Castore will go the same way
    Castore funders seem a load more committed to it then Woodworm