Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne - now at Gillingham (p27)

Comments

• Options
    If you can ignore the music, some pretty impressive finishing here it has to be said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgWMmX8rebw

• Options
    edited January 2023
    I seem to be in the minority, but I don't mind this as a deal to the end of the season.  If it works out, great.  If it doesn't we get rid.

Good deal IMO

I was the 42 like and let's see if Macaulay Bonne can be fit mentally and Physically and can at 27 show that he can not only get into goal scoring positions but put some away.
    His attitude needs to be spot on because as CL has proven we have fan/critics who want him to fail. Touchy sensitive folk who give it large but can't take it. 

I would prefer Leaburn and Bonne ( When he is match fit) to play in a two up top but it gives Cafc options but I still want Kanu to get cameo's as he remains the best finisher in the club.

As I said earlier, 3-5-2 or 4-3-3. Mix and match depending on player availability and the opposition.
    Bonne will be better in a two ( like Stockley was) but Leaburn can be the central striker in a 3 with CBT or Rak Saki or in a partnership with Bonne or young Daniel Kanu who needs game time in men's football. (Superb first touch and cross for Miles headed goal) 

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Just got in so posting without reading.

This is one of the least inspiring signings I can remember and fuck me there's been some 
    Really?!?! Do you remember Matt Smith? Or the other Matt Smith? Or the other, other Matt Smith? We've signed so many Matt Smiths I don't remember how many Matt Smiths we signed.

Also David Davies.

I'm not saying this is a brilliant signing, but this is a signing of a player with a track record at this level and the Championship, and in terms of squad balance it makes sense. And it's a six month "prove yourself" contract. 
    I see your Matt Smiths and raise you a limited edition shiney Christophe Lepoint.
  • Options
    There were some very decent goals in that montage from his time at Ipswich. If it was a player we had not heard of before, I am sure there would be more excitement around the place than is the case currently. 
  • Options
    Should we really be signing players with tattoos at a family club?

Wouldn't have happened in Curbs day and perhaps that's why we find ourselves where we do.

#notinmyname
    Extremely tattooist comment.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Should we really be signing players with tattoos at a family club?

Wouldn't have happened in Curbs day and perhaps that's why we find ourselves where we do.

#notinmyname
    Extremely tattooist comment.
    No. ‘The Plane! The Plane!’ Is an extremely tattooist comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

This is one of the least inspiring signings I can remember and fuck me there's been some 
    Really?!?! Do you remember Matt Smith? Or the other Matt Smith? Or the other, other Matt Smith? We've signed so many Matt Smiths I don't remember how many Matt Smiths we signed.

Also David Davies.

I'm not saying this is a brilliant signing, but this is a signing of a player with a track record at this level and the Championship, and in terms of squad balance it makes sense. And it's a six month "prove yourself" contract. 
    I see your Matt Smiths and raise you a limited edition shiney Christophe Lepoint.
    Now there's a player I'd love to see back at the valley. The only question is: Would he wear the Floyd or Harvey suit?
  • Options
    I don’t see a playoff charge so as long as Macauley scores enough to dispel any lingering doubts about relegation that’s good enough for me. The summer is different though. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Some people need to grow up a bit imo. 
    Heightist! 😉
  • Options
    If you can ignore the music, some pretty impressive finishing here it has to be said:

Where's the badge kissing in our announcement video! 

Bonne out! 
  • Options
    As others have said, let’s judge this after we know who else is coming in/out. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Donchya know, in reality there's only one Matt Smith.

We just signed him again and again. It's Charlton tradition.  ;)

• Options

Where's the badge kissing in our announcement video! 

Bonne out! 

He pointed to the badge then made a cut throat sign in ours 
  • Options
    I'm happy to see what he can offer. The six month contract works both ways. If he shows he knows how to put the ball in the net regularly, he'll be a free agent in june. In the meantime, welcome back and hope he can fire us in a few.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I won't yet again post the video of Bonne scoring his 12 Ipswich goals - but it was well worth watching, he took all those chances with good determination, movement and positioning. Composure too. 

If he's fit enough and can bring that level of ability to the team, he could prove to be a very decent signing.

• Options
    Welcome back Macaulay, I’m sure we’ll get the standard gumpth of how much he enjoyed it here, how hungry he is, unfinished business, manager has always been a fan of his energy and workrate etc…

We need more up front or we’re in danger of ruining Leaburn. Gutted we didn’t have Macaulay on Tuesday to come on with 20 mins to and get slab head running. 

Finally we’ve got an option to get in behind, which we haven’t had since ditching Washington 

I'd like to say I stopped myself but in truth i have lost my Kenneth Williams gif!
  • Options

If he doesn't work out we can take him to the Train station
  • Options
    Charltons answer to Rashford.
  • Options
    Better than stockley . Good luck Macauley 
  • Options
    Charltons answer to a recurring Rash.