Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne - now at Gillingham (p27)

Comments

• Options
    with with all of the importance Holden has put on running through brick walls I guess he won’t want anyone who is just here for the pay packet - if he has a say 
  • Options
    OK he is back and assuming Stockley goes how and where do you play MB to get the best out of him for the team?
  • Options
    6 months will mean he will leave it all out there trying to win a contract somewhere when this one is up
    Or he does a Lyle Taylor & gives up with 6 weeks of the season left as he doesn't want to get injured & therefore miss his next big payday.

Wasn't that the bollox Taylor spouted.
  • Options
    Personally I would prefer to have  Washington back. He not doing very well at Rotherham ,nor is Rotherham!. A Very bad mistake to let him go. It is not going to happen. I mean what a waste of time is Kirk. Sorry to be so personal

So Good Luck Macauley , score some goals and the fans will love you.
  • Options
    Totally underwhelmed.

Is this an example of the “genius” of Scott?

Bonne needs to do a lot and score a few to win over the fans 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Just got in so posting without reading.

This is one of the least inspiring signings I can remember and fuck me there's been some 
    Really?!?! Do you remember Matt Smith? Or the other Matt Smith? Or the other, other Matt Smith? We've signed so many Matt Smiths I don't remember how many Matt Smiths we signed.

Also David Davies.

I'm not saying this is a brilliant signing, but this is a signing of a player with a track record at this level and the Championship, and in terms of squad balance it makes sense. And it's a six month "prove yourself" contract. 
    I see your Matt Smiths and raise you a limited edition shiney Christophe Lepoint.
    Look, if we're going to dip I to the Roland era, hold my beer. 
  • Options
    Sensible business.
    enough to keep us safe.
    we are too far away from the playoffs realistically.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bragging rights v the various Leeds supporters I know were down to him. He can do no wrong in my book. Welcome back lad!
    Was that the "goal" that hit him on the back whilst he was on the floor following a corner  & he knew nothing about it.

His purple patch imo included the great finish at Bristol City when he went round the keeper following a long ball. After that I don't remember too many others. But hopefully he'll be involved on Saturday & I can start re-judging him then. 

In any case, he'll be a better option than Stockley 

• Options
    edited January 2023
    In Holden we trust. Let's hope he can get Bonne firing again and rediscovering his touch and his pace. I'll be cheering him Saturday along with the rest. Can't deny it'll be good to have another option. 
  • Options
    We are and have been shopping in a free agent, free transfer, loan market since May. Beggars can’t be choosers so give it a go and see what happens. 

If he does crap he might looking at Braintree or Canvey Island next. It’s up to him. It’s his career at stake here. 
  • Options
    I foresee two goals
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I hope he apologises for all the horrible things he said whatever they were. He seems to have upset all the snowflakes in our fanbase.
  • Options
    Let's give him a second chance. Not his fault we have owners without the wealth to run a football club.
  • Options
    We get rid of Leco 
    And then bring him back

We get rid of Johnny Williams and then bring him back.

We get rid of Aneke 
    And then bring him back

We get rid of Bonne 
    And then get him back. 

Do our scouts actually do any scouting 
    They're known as Boomerang Players.
  • Options
    Return of the Mac. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Sensible business.
    enough to keep us safe.
    we are too far away from the playoffs realistically.
    Realistically with the right investment we are not. 

With the wrong investment sure. 
    We need over 2pts per game (title winning form) to get 75 points which is normally a reasonable guesstimate for the playoff spots.
    Thats a big investment.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    6 months will mean he will leave it all out there trying to win a contract somewhere when this one is up
    Or he does a Lyle Taylor & gives up with 6 weeks of the season left as he doesn't want to get injured & therefore miss his next big payday.

Wasn't that the bollox Taylor spouted.
    Yes it was.  And it shows the lack of care or intelligence that it was at the start of the pandemic and they'd just announced that people of asian/african heritage could be badly affected.  He could easily have blamed that and avoided a lot of bad feeling.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Welcome back Macaulay, I’m sure we’ll get the standard gumpth of how much he enjoyed it here, how hungry he is, unfinished business, manager has always been a fan of his energy and workrate etc…

We need more up front or we’re in danger of ruining Leaburn. Gutted we didn’t have Macaulay on Tuesday to come on with 20 mins to and get slab head running. 

Finally we’ve got an option to get in behind, which we haven’t had since ditching Washington 
    Gumph. Like Humph. (I had to look it up). 
  • Options
    OK he is back and assuming Stockley goes how and where do you play MB to get the best out of him for the team?
    The youth team
  • Options
    Charltons answer to a recurring Rash.

I was joking.
  • Options
    My disappointment at this signing has absolutely nothing to do with his comments when he left us. It is solely to do with the fact that I think he is a depressingly bad footballer. I hope he’s improved and rams that comment back up my proverbial.