Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Macauley Bonne - now at Southend (p29)

Comments

• DDOUBLEE said:
    I can't accept Josh Parker slander after how well he played in the play-off final, link-up play was crucial and more than played his part in the most important game of our season
    Yeah, Hemed is a fair comparison. But Parker, despite not scoring, contributed a lot more than Bonne has managed this time around. To be fair though, Parker was signed to support and be a foil for Taylor, not to carry the front line on his own. Had he been expected to do the job being asked of Bonne I doubt held have done better.

In fact, you might say Bonne hasn't been the same since he lost Taylor as a partner.
    Bone’s best spell came without Taylor. 

Pity he’s turned out to be so dire nonetheless .  
  • Once again, we've gone the lazy route and given somebody a contract probably based on fact that it suits them being near their house/home. 

These factors are usually linked to desire,motivation and will to win. 
  • Hemed was a class footballer who we signed significantly in to his terminal decline.  We took a punt that he could cut it as a bit part player at a lower level.  Parker was a competent if unremarkable journeyman who we brought in on the cheap to do us a short-term turn.  Bonne is neither competent nor class.  He is a dreadful footballer who made the most of a big break but got found out very quickly by successive clubs, one of which unaccountably spent a lot of money on him.  There is no comparison between the three.  Our recruitment department should be sacked for re-signing him.  His return was the last straw for my interest for the time being.
    definately a comparison to be made between Parker and Bonne, neither are capable of scoring goals.
  • Remember when the Hemed transfer took ages to go through and most were very happy when it did. Funny how things work out. 
  • Talal said:
    Remember when the Hemed transfer took ages to go through and most were very happy when it did. Funny how things work out. 

Yes. Supporters have short memories when things don't work out. Was reading an article about Messi and the complete failure of the PSG project. Fans think now it was a terrible signing, as if they were against it from day one, when in fact they loved the move at the time and they practically had a public event for the signing. Fans are full of crap much of the time when it comes to club moves they support at the time and then claim later they were against all along.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Talal said:
    Remember when the Hemed transfer took ages to go through and most were very happy when it did. Funny how things work out. 

Honestly was excited when Kayal and Hemed signed , saw them as 2 experienced championship players that could really contribute.

Got that horribly wrong! 
    I was excited because I thought we'd adopt the song that Brighton fans sang about them - which was "Israeli men, hallellulah, Israeli men" (to the tune of 'Its Raining Men'). 

Alas, we got no song - and we got no goals. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Ready for the stat...

Bonne has scored 1 goal in his last 40 games. 
    1 goal in his last 42 games 
    1 goal in his last 43 games
    Sigh... 44 games
    Even bigger sigh. 45 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• A pointless substitution that only achieved an extra appearance for him without a goal.
  • Very good finish, to be fair to him! 

We don’t seem like crossing into him/leaburn too much, which may have hindered his success this time arround
  • Good luck to him for the goal but please god don’t let that fool anyone that he is an option for next season. And what about the the gloves, it is April and 12 degrees ffs!!!!!
  • Definitely not a "keeper" let's get someone decent next season.

We don’t seem like crossing into him/leaburn too much, which may have hindered his success this time arround
    Lol, if he had missed that sitter he would have been shot, six yards out with only the keeper to beat 
  • Happy that he scored, and great to see how it lifted his spirits too. Let's hope he slots a few more away before the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

I could have scored that and I’m nearly sixty and very overweight. Good finish my arse.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Definitely not a "keeper" let's get someone decent next season.
    He might be better in goal than up front , so worth a try 
  • I misread the thread title for a moment. I thought it said he resigns from…
  • Scoham said:
    Credit to him scoring but he’s got to be released in the summer, I don’t understand why he came on over Kanu.
    Maybe even Holden thought this was a game that he could break his duck ?