Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Jones signs on a two year deal

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to Charlton Lloyd. With Lloyd, Hector and Ness hopefully we won’t see Thomas at centre half too often.
  • Options
    Excellent bit of business, securing our safety in league 1 for next season with a player who knows how to fight relegation and we can hopefully remain a mid table league 1 side for the third season on the spin.

Innis replacement, check 
    Innis improvement as he likely wont get sent off 6 times this season.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    swordfish said:
    Journeyman in his late 20s - ideal signing.
    That's the spirit 😉
    At least it wasn’t an ‘underwhelmed’ 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Geezer has scored less than 10 goals and two of them are vs us!

My cousin who supports Cambridge says “I rate him, but he can be a bit of a liability at times”. 

Dont know much about him but my gut reaction is he’ll probably be standard decent to good League 1 centre back fare. Suspect he’s an improvement but may not be a huge leap forwards on Innis, although fitness/disciplinary should certainly improve. Hopefully there’s more to him and he’s an undiscovered gem.

Pinged some nice cross field balls in the above highlights package which should at least keep Leuth happy. 
  • Options
    I love him already

“What can fans expect?” “I just like winning games”

”What do you hope to achieve here?” “Promotion”
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Lovely stuff. Does this mean 3-5-2 though? Do hope not. Unless we have the bombest wing-back signings ever incoming (apologies to CBT and Campbell)
    Why would it? 
    You do need a decent pool of CBs, whether you play two or three at a time. 
    Start with any two of Hector, Ness or Jones you would think. Need to rotate & have cover for injuries.  
    Backups would be Mitchell, Thomas, Lavelle, Elerewe, but we’ll probably sell one of those, and possibly loan the latter out. 
    Plus Mitchell might well end up in midfield (I think he will at least), and TT might well end up as LB cover. So Jones is necessary rather than extra, if you get my drift.
  • Options
    Going by this video, he seems pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFFND0z2rhw
    Sandgaard still choosing out signings then ?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Leuth said:
    Lovely stuff. Does this mean 3-5-2 though? Do hope not. Unless we have the bombest wing-back signings ever incoming (apologies to CBT and Campbell)
    Why would it? 
    You do need a decent pool of CBs, whether you play two or three at a time. 
    Start with any two of Hector, Ness or Jones you would think. Need to rotate & have cover for injuries.  
    Backups would be Mitchell, Thomas, Lavelle, Elerewe, but we’ll probably sell one of those, and possibly loan the latter out. 
    Plus Mitchell might well end up in midfield (I think he will at least), and TT might well end up as LB cover. So Jones is necessary rather than extra, if you get my drift.
    Ness performed well last season but he’s not yet ready to be a first choice option for a team chasing promotion IMO. Definitely a good lad to have as first off the bench though.

With Hector, Jones, Ness and Thomas we have our four centre backs sorted.
  • Options
    Sounds an entirely sensible signing, him being another L1 club's PotY etc.  Fingers crossed.

Guess that's us sorted for CBs after Thomas and Hector.

Guess Lavelle will be on his way.
  • Options
    According to London News Online interest has been received for Lavelle who will be allowed to leave.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    According to London News Online interest has been received for Lavelle who will be allowed to leave.
    Yes please. 
  • Options
    Nessy, Big Hec, Thomas and Jones are a decent 4 plus Deji and Mitchell in reserve. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sense he has a little of the dark side about him and might be the right bloke for a tough cold Tuesday up north 
  • Options
    From face value seems like a decent midtable league one centre back. 

Let's hope the scouts see more than I do. Or he's squad filler. 
    Who cares what they think, I wanna know Ronnie Moore's opinion
    He will give you it in 2 weeks after he has announced Jones is signing. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    If he’s as good as this sounds then he should be a great signing, but we’ve seen plenty do well for other clubs but not us and vice versa.

Hector, Thomas, Jones, Ness and Mitchell/Deji should mean we have the CBs we need.

Hopefully more signings to follow in the near future - El Mozouni next on loan? Cawley linked us with both a few days ago.
  • Options
    With all respect. We have to remember these reviews are from fans of a Club who were recently in L2. Remember we are in Premier league and expect more from the likes of JRS et al. Our standards are super high.
  • Options
    barstool said:
    Sense he has a little of the dark side about him and might be the right bloke for a tough cold Tuesday up north 

• Options
    The Black Box is coming good...
  • Options
    We're going to piss the league!
  • Options
    I saw the news & thought we had re-signed Lloyd Sam. 

Never heard of the geezer before yesterday but 5000 Cambridge fans cant be wrong.

All we need now are players up the otherend to put the ball in the onion bag because so far we've signed a GK & 3 defenders.

welcome to the madhouse Lloyd.
    A lot of Morecambe fans were wrong .  Anyway , I’m pleased with the signings in the last two days. Now for a LB, at least one more midfielder and a couple of forwards . 
  • Options
    It has been sixteen years since we were last in the premier league.
    New signings coming out with "history, fan base, big club, fantastic ground", we have been in the s*** for years, there is as much chance of Exeter getting promoted than us.