Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Jones signs on a two year deal

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Upgrades can't be made/concluded in friendlies against non league teams, imo.
    I agree with you in general but I do think that we can at least say he looks like having physical attributes that we need - he is pretty quick for a CB and certainly seems more level headed than Inniss who even in good games had the whiff of danger around him.

Certainly not a proven thing yet but I like what we have seen thus far.
  • Options
    Yep very happy with this signing. Looked solid and was decent on the ball, and he’s still not fully fit yet 
  • Options
    Most centre halves worth their salt playing in a back 3 in this league should have their cigars and deck chairs out to be fair. There was minimal attacking threat from the O's today so too early to judge Jones. Let's hope the injury isn't too bad so we can get a good look at him over a number of games.
  • Options
    Thought he looked pretty good. Gets stuck in. 
  • Options
    Funny mixture of comments on him. From him being able to pass to not able to pass, in the same game.

#confusing
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Funny mixture of comments on him. From him being able to pass to not able to pass, in the same game.

#confusing
    Funny how we all see the game differently. I thought he was pretty poor, and conversation around me in the ground was of the same nature. Agree we looked better when Hec replaced him
  • Options
    Personally felt Ness was worse. But neither were "poor"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:

#confusing
    Might be if he's coming back from injury that he's a bit inconsistent and has a few ricketts left in him, which hopefully will improve with time and a run of games.
  • Options
    He looked knackered after 60 minutes 
  • Options
    He looked knackered after 60 minutes 
    He could hardly hobble on to the pitch after full time. He’s playing through pain barriers obviously as much as gaining fitness. A real warrior who will be crucial I think.
  • Options
    Thought he had a pretty poor game if i'm honest.
  • Options
    Not Lavelle level 'poor' I hope. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Oh god no. He was proactive and went into the challenge decisively. Worlds apart. Just not great on the ball yesterday
  • Options
    It is interesting how football has changed. 

I liked him,but wonder whether the plan was always to sub him for Hector on 60 minutes because neither were completely match fit and Deano was looking for both to get minutes. With five subs available you can now do this.
  • Options
    I thought Ness would go off ahead of Jones yesterday. Both were solid enough but we looked more settled with Hector there imo.
  • Options
    It was obvious that Jones isn't match fit. It was a bit of a gamble starting him but the minutes would have done him the world of good. A decent, solid but unspectacular start. Wasn't impressed with his passing but I'm sure he will improve as he gets fitter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still nursing an injury and was dressing his lower leg as they came out for second half. Think he has some decent strengths. Some quality and a battler. Yeah he looked a bit spent when he came off but I was happy he gave it everything while he was on.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    mendonca said:
    Oh god no. He was proactive and went into the challenge decisively. Worlds apart. Just not great on the ball yesterday
    I'd agree, even if he was off the pace it was less that he wasn't aware of the danger or blind to a pass but simply physically that he's not always able to react quickly enough. Once he's worked off a bit of rust he will be fine, possibly even better than that.
  • Options
    I thought he had a more than decent game and it is obvious he is not yet up to full speed.
  • Options
    I thought he was very good and so did those around me.
  • Options
    Liked the first half performance; end of the second half dipped with some poor passes.  Hopefully that will improve with match fitness.  Not a replacement for Hector, but better than Inniss imo.
  • Options
    He played quite well, but was clearly flagging (understandably) from about 60 minutes.
  • Options
    Thought he looked decent enough, didnt think ness was very good. Think Jones - Hec - Thomas will be our starting 3
  • Options
    Surprised by the amount of people who didn’t rate him yesterday. Thought he was good. And a country mile better than what’s come before him.
    Posting without opinion.

Would you say he was a country mile better than Inniss and Famewo were after they had played half a dozen games for us?

Because for 6 months they were "clearly" the best center halves in the league, when they were both injured ;-) 
  • Options
    Our defence annoyed me all afternoon Ness was constantly looking for the long ball and failing but if he had looked around 9 times out of 10 CBT was literally standing on his own but Ness continued trying to hit it long through the middle