Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    Maybe they are waiting on another signing to announce it as a double whammy!
    Charlton would like to wish Miles Leaburn all the best with his new venture at Crystal Palace 
    🤢🤮
  • Options
    Took my eldest down to the valley today to look at the kit (and get him out the house due to teacher strikes).  Asked about but there’s no sign of Alfie May photos etc.  This was about an hour ago.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I would imagine training first at Sparrows and then photos this afternoon with an announcement later around 5pm 
  • Options
    I have heard it's a 1,051,200 minute deal with an additional option for 525,600 more. 
  • Options
    age 30, one  season in the EFL after a long career mostly in non league .. IF he joins us, I pray he's not an Ajose or a Stockton flash in the pan type .. however, I have faith in Holden, and if he wants him, so be it
  • Options
    age 30, one  season in the EFL after a long career mostly in non league .. IF he joins us, I pray he's not an Ajose or a Stockton flash in the pan type .. however, I have faith in Holden, and if he wants him, so be it
    He’s been in the EFL for the last 7 years.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I have heard it's a 1,051,200 minute deal with an additional option for 525,600 more. 
    sorry, Seth has already trumped that.
    I was responding to the days one. I didn't see Seth's post as was distracted by work so late post. I apologise profusely... 
  • Options
    What? He's been in the EFL since 2016.
  • Options
    He's scored 43 goals for Cheltenham across 2 consecutive seasons in League One

He joined Doncaster in 2017 and was a highly rated part of Doncaster's promotion attempt in 2018/19 in League One.

One EFL season? Keep up, Lincs. :)

• Options
    delighted !
  • Options
  • Options
    Good.

Having delivered for the past 2 seasons, he comes with a track record at this level and on paper looks like a sensible acquisition 

In this instance it’s acceptable to use that phrase I hate ‘happy with that’
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Dazzler21 said:

Oggy Red said:

He joined Doncaster in 2017 and was a highly rated part of Doncaster's promotion attempt in 2018/19 in League One.

Scoham said:

OK, my error, however he wasn't a great success at Doncaster, one goal around every nine games, only at Cheltenham in the EFL has he 'come alive'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta be pleased with that. Just hope we don't leave ourselves short in other areas. 
  • Options
    I hope this is joined-up-thinking recruitment and he's been signed to play a particular role in a system. 

I also hope he's got something to offer outside of the box.

But can't argue with signing a goalscorer for a fee. 
  • Options
    Well, that has come out of the blue. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

OK, my error, however he wasn't a great success at Doncaster, one goal around every nine games, only at Cheltenham in the EFL has he 'come alive'

He played more out wide at Donny
  • Options
    Ahhh where's the TS player summary, which showed his interest and knowledge of the ground level in football!
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Some great goals there. Looking forward to seeing this lad in action. COYA
  • Options
  • Options
    ...and the No 10 shirt is free

Welcome Alfie, let's hope you are more Super Clive than Nicky Adjose