Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Dazzler21 said:

age 30, one  season in the EFL after a long career mostly in non league .. IF he joins us, I pray he's not an Ajose or a Stockton flash in the pan type .. however, I have faith in Holden, and if he wants him, so be it
    What? He's been in the EFL since 2016.
    Oggy Red said:
    age 30, one  season in the EFL after a long career mostly in non league .. IF he joins us, I pray he's not an Ajose or a Stockton flash in the pan type .. however, I have faith in Holden, and if he wants him, so be it
    He's scored 43 goals for Cheltenham across 2 consecutive seasons in League One

He joined Doncaster in 2017 and was a highly rated part of Doncaster's promotion attempt in 2018/19 in League One.

One EFL season? Keep up, Lincs. :)

Scoham said:
    He’s been in the EFL for the last 7 years.

OK, my error, however he wasn't a great success at Doncaster, one goal around every nine games, only at Cheltenham in the EFL has he 'come alive'

He played more out wide at Donny
    whatever, AND despite my comments above, I of course wish him all the best during his time at the Valley and pray that his golden goal scoring run continues for a very long time 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

What? He's been in the EFL since 2016.
    Oggy Red said:
    He's scored 43 goals for Cheltenham across 2 consecutive seasons in League One

He joined Doncaster in 2017 and was a highly rated part of Doncaster's promotion attempt in 2018/19 in League One.

One EFL season? Keep up, Lincs. :)

Scoham said:

OK, my error, however he wasn't a great success at Doncaster, one goal around every nine games, only at Cheltenham in the EFL has he 'come alive'
    That may be what the bare statistics say, Lincs ..... but you need context to make them meaningful.

For much of May's time at Doncaster, Marquis was the principle striker and May played wide on the wing. Most of his goals seem to have come once he'd signed for Cheltenham 3 years ago - and played up front as striker.

• Options
    The thread title is triggering me…

Welcome Alfie. Hope you are a raging success. 👍
  • Options

Why's that @Callumcafc ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I wouldn't put too much stock in that section on Transfermarkt. I've found that either sometimes the player can be listed in a lineup without a position, or with some fairly mad interpretations of what the formation was. The shapes they claimed we played under Bowyer are ridiculous
  • Options
    Some cracking right and left foot goals in that montage.
  • Options
    Alfie May ? - never heard of him ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Some cracking right and left foot goals in that montage.
    Some good ones in that video n all
  • Options
    Scoham said:

So he's just a 2 season wonder. 😄

• Options
    Glad we've signed him... Was disappointed given his goals record @ Hythe that we ignored him, given his locality when he went to Doncaster
  • Options
    Ex Erith and Belvedere - he's come home. Should have got him last summer!
  • Options
    Glad it's a done deal. For everyone at Cheltenham away last game of the season it was notable that he won just about every supporters award and they gave him the sort of reception that a club legend gets. He then scored against us with his only real sniff of goal. 
  • Options
    Watch him get crocked at Dartford tomorrow & be out for 3 months....😂😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

So he's just a 2 season wonder. 😄

You could see it that way, or you can see it as we've signed a player as he's peaking in his career.
  • Options
    They look as though they could be related

Eh? Different shaped heads, different noses, different ears, hard to tell with the eyes cos they're squinting but I don't think so, and the hair colour is vaguely similar but hardly conclusive. Is this a whoosh?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    They look as though they could be related

Eh? Different shaped heads, different noses, different ears, hard to tell with the eyes cos they're squinting but I don't think so, and the hair colour is vaguely similar but hardly conclusive. Is this a whoosh?
    lol! it wasnt a whoosh moment...

Could get all that you mention from his Mothers side though :D
  • Options
    Blimey - never saw that coming 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    aliwibble said:

Why's that @Callumcafc ?
    It was the previous title and the formatting. :-)

First world problems and all that…
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    It's hard to know how good a signing this will be, but I'm all for it. A decent punt  :open_mouth:
  • Options

aliwibble said:

Why's that @Callumcafc ?
    It was the previous title and the formatting. :-)

First world problems and all that…
    Well that's a relief, as my laptop is playing up and editing the thread title is a bit fiddly on my tablet.