Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    May the force be with you Alfie, our new Jedi master 
  • Options
    They look as though they could be related

Is Dean Holden very tall or Alfie May very short?
  • Options

Is Dean Holden very tall or Alfie May very short?
    May is short - it’s why Millwall released him when he was a teenager.
  • Options
    I'm over the moon with this signing, fans will love him very quickly 
  • Options
    Good signing. Two years too late but expect him to score 15-20 for us this season. 
  • Options
    The best thing about those stats is that Mitrovic only played one season in the EFL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone think it would be bargain basement frees and loans until the takeover is completed? I thought we were told that we weren't interested in him, or that Gillingham would steal him out from under our noses, but I don't think his signing is anything to be sniffed at.  Who was the last player we paid a fee for and how long ago I wonder?

Good luck Alfie, you'd better hit the ground running or you'll be written off after your first game. No pressure!
  • Options
    Does does anyone know if it’s likely he’ll be involved tomorrow?
  • Options
     I Like that he can score with both feet,  looks good
    Welcome alfie
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Does does anyone know if it’s likely he’ll be involved tomorrow?
    Sounds as if he's started pre season with Cheltenham so maybe a cameo depending on what deano thinks. 
  • Options
    Good signing. Two years too late but expect him to score 15-20 for us this season. 
    Two years ago he scored 9 in L2, his best return outside of non-league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does this feel like a paul benson type signing? Lots of funfair and drawn out signing of lower league goalscorer, who we probably won't play to their strengths, all for 250k...

maybe i'm just being incredibly cynical.
    He plays in our League, not lower...
  • Options
    Charlton in "signing someone I wanted to sign" shocker  :)
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Know a couple of Gillingham fans who are very annoyed by this so on that basis a great signing before even scoring a goal!
    Laughable that someone with a great scoring record in L1 would drop down a division to a non Wrexham  L2 club anyway.
  • Options

I guess he doesn't score with many headers 😅
  • Options

I guess he doesn't score with many headers 😅
    He'll insist on standing next to Jack Payne during the team photo...
  • Options
    7 medicals so far if I've got my maths straight. 
    Law of average he must pass one of em.
    And fail six. #AlfieMayIsTheNewChucks
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Know a couple of Gillingham fans who are very annoyed by this so on that basis a great signing before even scoring a goal!
    Laughable that someone with a great scoring record in L1 would drop down a division to a non Wrexham  L2 club anyway.
    David McGoldrick scored 25 goals for Derby last season and dropped down to league 2 to sign for Notts County. Although he's done that because they're his hometown club and first ever team. 
  • Options
    age 30, one  season in the EFL after a long career mostly in non league .. IF he joins us, I pray he's not an Ajose or a Stockton flash in the pan type .. however, I have faith in Holden, and if he wants him, so be it
    What are you on, whatever it is can I have some
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    It’s not a long commute but I’m surprised that Alfie has decided to buy somewhere overlooking the Medway in Gillingham.