Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    Welcome Alfie the addick. Please be good🙏🙏
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Yeah, but, can he play up top on his own?!?!?

WINK
  • Options
    They look as though they could be related

Is Dean Holden very tall or Alfie May very short?
    Well Dean Holden was a 6'1" CB and Alfie May clearly isn't,

Put another way, Holden passes the Charlton Life height test. And May is an epic fail. :)

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Know a couple of Gillingham fans who are very annoyed by this so on that basis a great signing before even scoring a goal!
    It’s not a long commute but I’m surprised that Alfie has decided to buy somewhere overlooking the Medway in Gillingham. 
    It was either that or buying somewhere overlooking the Thames in Thamesmead.

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

My eldest was with him earlier, he’s failed the height test my boy is 13 
    wiki has him as 5' 9" .. doesn't say if that is in heels or flats
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Know a couple of Gillingham fans who are very annoyed by this so on that basis a great signing before even scoring a goal!
    Laughable that someone with a great scoring record in L1 would drop down a division to a non Wrexham  L2 club anyway.
    David McGoldrick scored 25 goals for Derby last season and dropped down to league 2 to sign for Notts County. Although he's done that because they're his hometown club and first ever team. 
    And McGoldrick is 35, not 30
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Croydon said:

There's a reason I only listen to Richard Cawley and ignore the Donuts that joined the bandwagon that said Holden didn't want Alfie May.

I suppose Holden is lying !

Welcome to Cafc, Alfie May.
  • Options
    It's hard to know how good a signing this will be, but I'm all for it. A decent punt  :open_mouth:

Correct, Holden needs to see how Cheltenham played to his strengths to get the best out of him.  If we try to change his game then things may not be as successful as we all hope.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

If he is 5'9 then that makes me 6'4
  • Options
    IF I have to moan, the wiring on the inside of that doorway early in the video is atrocious, who did that, Kirk?

Welcome Alfie
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

aint the size of dog in the fight .. it's the size of the ..  etc etc 
  • Options
    Do people really care this much about the size of another man? I couldn't care if he's 4ft or 7ft, he's quality and he scores goals, his height is irrelevant. 

Ecstatic over this, same calibre signing as Ricky Holmes and Lyle Taylor in this league, if we can add a similar level of player to our midfield and defense, there's no reason why we shouldn't be fighting for autos, amazed we have pulled it off.

Welcome to South Londons number 1 Alfie May 
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

All joking aside, his previous history reminds me of a certain geezer scoring a hat-trick at Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

All joking aside, his previous history reminds me of a certain geezer scoring a hat-trick at Wembley.
    well, Mendonca was a consistent scorer over a few seasons for Grimsby before joining us 60 goals in 166 games over four/five seasons, that's why Lord Llewellyn paid a LOT for him .. but I know what you mean .. let's all hope that he's somewhere near as successful for us as was Super Clive
  • Options
    Do people really care this much about the size of another man? I couldn't care if he's 4ft or 7ft, he's quality and he scores goals, his height is irrelevant. 

Ecstatic over this, same calibre signing as Ricky Holmes and Lyle Taylor in this league, if we can add a similar level of player to our midfield and defense, there's no reason why we shouldn't be fighting for autos, amazed we have pulled it off.

Welcome to South Londons number 1 Alfie May 

I could not agree more, I do not understand why people make comments about others being short.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Nothing like Geoff Hurst !
  • Options
    They look as though they could be related

Is Dean Holden very tall or Alfie May very short?
    May is short - it’s why Millwall released him when he was a teenager.
    31 days, same as most months. If we're talking short, February  springs to mind
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Some people saying that May scored goals in 20+ goals in successive seasons, but the season before he only scored 6 for Cheltenham.
    They've not done their homework. 

May was only transferred to Chelenham in the January 2020 window, scored on his debut, plus another 5 goals in the next 11 games - before the season was curtailed by Covid lockdown. It never re-started.

So ...... only scoring 6 goals in 12 games? 

According to Wiki

22/23 - 39 league appearances - 20 league goals
    21/22 - 46 league appearances - 23 league goals

January 2020? As in the 19/20 season? That was four years ago.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

well, Mendonca was a consistent scorer over a few seasons for Grimsby before joining us 60 goals in 166 games over four/five seasons, that's why Lord Llewellyn paid a LOT for him .. but I know what you mean .. let's all hope that he's somewhere near as successful for us as was Super Clive.

Like Super Clive he had a spell at Doncaster.
  • Options
    With Payne?  Now, IF we could just find another 5... :)