Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONFIRMED - Tayo Edun - Signs on a Two Year Deal

Comments

• Options
    Confirmed 
  • Options
    Update the title @ForeverAddickted :-)
  • Options
    At last - a proper left back!
  • Options
    Very happy with this. 

Buzzing for the season 
  • Options
    Update the title @ForeverAddickted :-)
    Good timing mate... Was just about to take my Son to bed lol!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirt number???????
  • Options
    shirt number???????
    I'm going to guess...13. We have 1-11 (I believe: Jones-2, Ness-5, Fraser-10, Miles-11). But I could see it being a fun one, like 25.
  • Options
    No time to get excited about this signing, I hear we’re in for a Burton Albion player too….where’s my season ticket savings pot???
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    CafcWest said:
    Scoham said:
    Kips said:
     Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun .. possibly the longest name in professional football ?
    Do you remember Charlie Oatway?
    Was going to mention him, he was named after QPRs 1973 team. 

Weird that his preferred name is not one of the eleven he could choose from!
    Maybe he fucking hated QPR
    Or loved cocaine
  • Options
    So was he injured last year?
  • Options
    Very encouraged at the moment. Next we will be beating Millwall...... Nah I know.. I can dream if I want to...
  • Options
    shirt number???????
    With all those names, I don’t think he’s gone room on his shirt, for a shirt number!
  • Options
    These signing announcement videos are usually shite (everyone’s not just ours), but that one did make me chuckle. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:
     Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun .. possibly the longest name in professional football ?
    Sounds like a tin bath falling down the stairs.
    I thought it was the ending of Eastenders 🤓
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Kips said:

Named after the players of the local football team that his mum......I'll leave it there 
  • Options
    Edun was named in team of the tournament when England won the U19 European championships back in 2017.
    I think this will prove to be a good signing at our level, but I put very little credence in those England/International Under X players that won something to validate it.  

All the actual good players go on to play at the top of the game if good enough, the others, like JFC for example, end up with us.  It’s not a factor that has any weighting imo 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Kips said:

Named after the players of the local football team that his mum......I'll leave it there 
    How did he end up choosing Charlie, and not any of the 11 other names he had 😂
  • Options
    Anybody remember Edun from Lincoln?
  • Options
    Ah. The flatlands on that side of the island, east of Edun.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Pleased it's permanent, we've been crying out for a proper LB for years it feels like. 
    Converted from a midfielder by Michael Appleton whilst at Lincoln.

But who's complaining.....
    ... you, normally.
    Post of the day! Sorry Golfie :)
  • Options
    Less than 100 games in his career so far according to wiki but 34 caps for England up to under 20s which is reassuring.

YearsTeamApps(Gls)
    2016–2020Fulham2(0)
    2018→ Ipswich Town (loan)6(1)
    2020–2021Lincoln City52(2)
    2021–2023Blackburn Rovers28(0)