Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONFIRMED - Terry Taylor - Signs on a 3 year deal

Comments

• Options
    It's starting to feel like we're giving it a proper go, and giving Holden options and nice-to-have selection problems.  Still lightweight up front given Miles & Chuks absences, but we've managed to succeed before in that scenario (the non-scoring Josh Parker...)

• Options
    glad it's been confirmed, I was getting worried someone had hijacked our deal at the last knockings.
  • Options
    Does anybody know if he's back training yet?
  • Options
    That's an excellent signing
  • Options
    That's an excellent signing
    Been training with Burton I think, not sure if that's full training or rehab though
  • Options
    Very happy about this signing. The club are doing their best to get players in before season starts. 
    Transfer policy is so much better than the last few years, this could be a very good season indeed. A strong midfield, a more solid defence, but still need another striker before the Orient game I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get him on corners, end of.
  • Options
    I read it as Terry Naylor & thought "bloody hell, he's getting on a bit" 🙂.

If only Sandgaard had shown this much interest in assembling a squad he might have got somewhere.

Got to go......HMS pisstheleague is just pulling up anchor. 
    Especially since this would have hardly been a break the bank signing - 150k fee i've seen reported and he is unlikely to be on more money than some of the other signings we made us TS
  • Options
    Comes over very well in the interview, and sound positive regarding the coming season, Deano seems to have convinced him we are where it's at at the moment, so looking forward to seeing him on the pitch and seeing what he can give us going forward...welcome to The Club...
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Watching player's like Inniss, Morgan, Clare and Bonne was so depressing. 
    We were never going to get promoted with that lot.
    Hopefully the signings we have made so far are a major improvement on what we had last season. 
    Feeling quite optimistic. 
    Morgan, Innis and Clare weren’t that bad .  Who knows if what we have signed will be better but fingers crossed 
    They were squad players at best.
    Trouble was we had far too many squad players playing regularly in the 1st team.
    We had the quantity but not enough quality. 
    Yes I agree .  I do hope we’ve signed phenomenal players to replace them - we shall see 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is fantastic news, it’s been years, since we signed a Terry, who was the last one?
  • Options
    clive said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmQboGQfLeg

Terry Taylor's first Charlton interview (July 2023)

Seems relaxed with an engaging personality. I'm sure we'll knock that out of him in due course with more "how does it feel to..." questions.
  • Options
    This is fantastic news, it’s been years, since we signed a Terry, who was the last one?
    Terry Bullivant 82/83?
  • Options
    I read it as Terry Naylor & thought "bloody hell, he's getting on a bit" 🙂.

If only Sandgaard had shown this much interest in assembling a squad he might have got somewhere.

Got to go......HMS pisstheleague is just pulling up anchor. 
    Especially since this would have hardly been a break the bank signing - 150k fee i've seen reported and he is unlikely to be on more money than some of the other signings we made us TS
    It would be a development fee - as he was out of contract but under 23.

• Options
    Be nice if he plays Saturday against his first club
    Not played since February after suffering an ankle injury. Fingers crossed he’s fit and ready to go 
  • Options
    "Terry" Thomas last season? :smile:

• Options
    Ugh, Scottish...

Na, welcome TT
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Be nice if he plays Saturday against his first club
    Not played since February after suffering an ankle injury. Fingers crossed he’s fit and ready to go 
    He says he's fit, as been doing his pre-season with Burton. But probably not featured in their pre-season friendlies. 

Maybe fit but short of match minutes?