Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONFIRMED - Terry Taylor - Signs on a 3 year deal

Comments

• Options
    Seems a proper nice chap, welcome to the club Terry pal.

I've actually watched all of these interviews now and the players we are recruiting all seem quite down to earth, nice change as we have recruited some proper rotters over the years. 

Seem to be racking up the Scottish as opposed to the Welsh this time. It's doubtful it will happen, but if we operate with a midfield of Fraser McGrandles and Taylor, that will be an all Scottish midfield. Have we ever had an all Scottish midfield ever? I'm not sure 

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Ok can I ask a serious question please !

WTF has happened to my club ????

in the space of a few weeks we have gone from a basket case relying on cast offs to actually being chosen as a club to come to by players that actually have a choice of who to play for.

how quick things can turnaround

im saying it “ if we don’t get top 2 this season I will be amazed”
    methinks the answer to your question is .. a big injection of MONEY, given to a confident manager who knows what players he wants and is getting some .. young players mostly, no place for old hands who've been round the roundabout a few too many times
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

in the space of a few weeks we have gone from a basket case relying on cast offs to actually being chosen as a club to come to by players that actually have a choice of who to play for.

methinks the answer to your question is .. a big injection of MONEY, given to a confident manager who knows what players he wants and is getting some .. young players mostly, no place for old hands who've been round the roundabout a few too many times
    But that can’t be right!!

i thought this mob were all about fleecing innocent Texans, closing our academy and selling anything worth over a quid
    fleeced Texans , fine, so long as the wool comes to the Valley
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Dizzle said:
    Cawley says 150k roughly. 

Wonder if they fancy McGrandles for 150k 👀
    Kirk
    Both 
    for 150k smarties 
    £150k folding would be cloud cuckoo for both and actually probably criminal for either on his own
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been said before but I just watched Terry's first interview. I wonder if any of the historical players he'd done his due diligence with, were Tony Watt. That would be incredible if he's helped us out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody 'ell, he looks like a kid in that video.
    Most All people of 22 years old look like kids to me  :/
  • Options
    Watching player's like Inniss, Morgan, Clare and Bonne was so depressing. 
    We were never going to get promoted with that lot.
    Hopefully the signings we have made so far are a major improvement on what we had last season. 
    Feeling quite optimistic. 
    If blackpool’s happy - Im happy
  • Options
    Very impressive interview. Articulate and focused, and fully engaged with the project. Really happy with this one. 
  • Options
    Anyone else read that as Terry Naylor and think he's a bit old?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Anyone else read that as Terry Naylor and think he's a bit old?

Golfie on page 2. :-)

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/5035488/#Comment_5035488

• Options
    AndyG said:

Despite everything Charlton will always be an attractive proposition to many lower league players. 
  • Options
    I haven't read any posts on this thread so apologies if this has already been said

a) Terry Taylor, what a s**t name for a modern footballer
    b) he looks like albie morgan without the chubby chops
  • Options
    Feels like the Dale Stephen’s type signing I’ve wanted for ages, rave reviews, young, massive upside, could well be a Championship player already