Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONFIRMED - Terry Taylor - Signs on a 3 year deal

Comments

• Options
    In years gone by the received wisdom was every English team needs a Scotsman in it to be successful. Well now we have two.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    In years gone by the received wisdom was every English team needs a Scotsman in it to be successful. Well now we have two.
    Three if you include McGrandles…

Anyway, are we saying Taylor is Scottish? Or Welsh because he plays for Wales youth internationally?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Anyway, are we saying Taylor is Scottish? Or Welsh because he plays for Wales youth internationally?
    Stupid me, three of course.
    Taylor was born in Aberdeen so I don’t know, listening to his interview I had trouble pinning down his accent, I thought a bit Welsh too.
    Scott Fraser pronounces ‘pie’ as ‘peh’.
  • Options
    Never heard of him before Tuesday.  From that video, he sounds like an upgrade on (whisper it) Dobson.
  • Options
    I read it as Terry Naylor & thought "bloody hell, he's getting on a bit" 🙂.

If only Sandgaard had shown this much interest in assembling a squad he might have got somewhere.

Got to go......HMS pisstheleague is just pulling up anchor. 
    Thanks Golfie, you've just spared me the embarrassment of posting a comment asking how many other players we've had that have shared the same name ;)
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    There's no such thing as an upgrade on Dobson.
    Of course there is. You won't find a better tackler and ball-winner at this level but if you want a holding midfielder who can spray a few more passes around and control the game a bit more there are other players who offer that profile better. I'm interested to see with the new shape and Camara in the midfield if Dobson can be freed up a bit and able to spend less time firefighting and more time playing. He's a better passer of the ball than he's given credit for but he still needs to improve on it. Plenty of time for him to do so.
  • Options
    Just the name will put the fear of God into our League One  rivals.
  • Options
    He’s better than Lyle, he’s better than Lyle, Terry Taylor he’s better than Lyle 
  • Options
    At least we can re-use a few of the Lyle Taylor songs without having to change the words that much. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Speaks very well. Doesn't seem a dickhead.
    Seems the way with these new signings.
  • Options
    One of three least media trained inane rubbish interviews I’ve seen - really bright and thoughtful .  Most exciting signing for a while too.  
  • Options
    That’ll be because we’ve got a no Dickheads policy in force then 😉.
  • Options
    Interesting that Charlie Kirk really sold Charlton to him … and Dean Holden in particular, and Kirk performances in pre season backs that up 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

Stupid me, three of course.
    Taylor was born in Aberdeen so I don’t know, listening to his interview I had trouble pinning down his accent, I thought a bit Welsh too.
    Scott Fraser pronounces ‘pie’ as ‘peh’.
    He's Scottish.

The Welsh in recent years have capped a number of younger players not born there. I wonder, with the Wales senior team on the decline, whether players will be less keen to declare for them instead of another home nation. After all Scotland now top their Euro qualification group, whereas Wales are struggling.

Good article about him from 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50465291
  • Options
    FSLN1 said:
    At least we can re-use a few of the Lyle Taylor songs without having to change the words that much. 
    Bit harsh singing... "Taylor your a c**t... Taylor, Taylor your a c**t"
    I’d never sing that. “…you’re a c**t” though, absolutely. 
  • Options
    Terry is being lined up to release the new away kit. 
  • Options
    FSLN1 said:
    Bit harsh singing... "Taylor your a c**t... Taylor, Taylor your a c**t"

Terry Taylor baby...
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I  wonder what his nickname is at the club?

Tel, Tezza, TT, Tayls, any others?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Er, Terry 🤔
  • Options

It's T-bag apparently.
     I hope there's no trouble brewing with him.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's T-bag apparently.
     I hope there's no trouble brewing with him.
    If he turns out to be a wrongun at least the fee wasn’t steep
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    It does sound like TT was someone we actually wanted and had designs on for some time. 

A bespoke Taylor.
  • Options
    It does sound like TT was someone we actually wanted and had designs on for some time. 

A bespoke Taylor.an 
    You mean he is Taylormade for us
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    For comparison’s sake, against the rest of the team

(Wildig led chances created for Newport with 3)

• Options
    For comparison’s sake, against the rest of the team

(Wildig led chances created for Newport with 3)

The issue with those stats are they are heavily weighted in favour of players who take set pieces, every cross from a corner or FK is considered a chance created.
    Have they seen our set pieces?