Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONFIRMED - Terry Taylor - Signs on a 3 year deal

Comments

• Options
    I might be on my own here but I really like the look of him. He's comfortable in possession and rarely gives the ball away (once last night). He can battle also.

I think as the season progresses he'll be a key member of the team/squad.

Big upgrade on Morgan for me who I always found uncomfortable to watch. He was always a pass away from giving it away unnecessarily.
    Sometimes he overdid it, but Morgan had creative forward passes in his locker. He would have loved playing in the same team as May, a striker who thrives on quick through passes.
  • Options
    No idea if he'll work out but you're right, it's early days - I'm not going to judge a guy after two starts.

Don't forget Dobson had a very.slow start.under Adkins, as an example.
    Need to remember that he got an ankle injury in February that ruled him out for the rest of the season and then didn't sign for us until the end of July so he won't have had much of a pre-season.

Might take a few weeks to get up to speed, but he was highly rated by Burton and had other clubs in for him so i'm sure he will get better.
  • Options
    consider me just about whelmed.
  • Options
    Considering how bad we've been and he still can't make the first 11 with injuries to Fraser and Camera it doesn't bode well.

But understand he is still coming back from a long injury, hopefully a new manager can show us what he's about 
  • Options
    Taylor is having to adapt to a new way of playing. He can't be the deepest midfielder anymore with Dobson motoring about so he's playing higher up with more pressure on the ball than he's likely used to receiving. He'll get there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d have him straight into the 11, though bench is probably more likely. Think him next to Dobson will make us stronger defensively and Watson can play higher up the pitch 
  • Options
    When everyone is fit, I can't see him making the starting line up based on what I've seen of him so far.
  • Options
    When everyone is fit, I can't see him making the starting line up based on what I've seen of him so far.
    If we stick with the shape/tactics we used last time around, he is near enough in direct and specific competition with L. Watson both in terms of position and seemingly on set pieces duties.

It's actually quite refreshing to have proper competition with several valid options instead of being one injury away from square pegs in round holes.
  • Options
    I think you could be wrong here but time will tell. He will be our main set piece taker. I like Watson but didn’t rate his corner taking at all. 
  • Options
    Dobson, Fraser, Taylor maybe? Only problem with that is you'd be lacking a bit of dynamism in the middle of the park
  • Options
    If we are going to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 like we did at various stages on Saturday, then there is a spot up for grabs in midfield next to Dobson that could probably go to any one of Watson (L), Camara, Taylor, Andersen, or even McGrandles depending on who shows the form to deserve it. If we settle on a 5-3-2 then the preferred three is more likely to be Dobson, Fraser, Camara. Big if on them all being fit at once though. I don't see a natural fit for Fraser in a 4-4-2 and I think he has to be the 10 if he plays in a 4-2-3-1, but I don't know if might lose some dynamism compared to options like the Campbells and Leaburn.

Lots of spots up for grabs for whoever wants to seize their opportunity.
  • Options
    Even more places available when Dobbo is sold in January.... wibble
  • Options
    If we are going to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 like we did at various stages on Saturday, then there is a spot up for grabs in midfield next to Dobson that could probably go to any one of Watson (L), Camara, Taylor, Andersen, or even McGrandles depending on who shows the form to deserve it. If we settle on a 5-3-2 then the preferred three is more likely to be Dobson, Fraser, Camara. Big if on them all being fit at once though. I don't see a natural fit for Fraser in a 4-4-2 and I think he has to be the 10 if he plays in a 4-2-3-1, but I don't know if might lose some dynamism compared to options like the Campbells and Leaburn.

Lots of spots up for grabs for whoever wants to seize their opportunity.
    I don’t think Fraser is a 10, and pretty sure he’s not done as well in his career when he has played as one. He needs that balance of being able to drop deep to get on the ball but also contribute creativity and goals. He pretty much needs a 3 man midfield to be at his best, I think when he’s back we will see 4-3-3 and 3-5-2. 

He did do alright last season in a 4-4-2 with Dobson, but definitely didn’t contribute what he would usually do going forward

Still think Dobson Camara Fraser will be the 3 when all are fit and firing, but it’s good to see that L.Watson has made a very promising start and that Taylor appeared to be getting better and better before the concussion. We haven’t even had 3 midfielders that have been good enough the last 2 seasons so to have potentially those 5 plus Karoy is a great position to be in 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It would take a brave man (or women) to confidentiality predict what our "best" midfield 3 will be come Christmas.

I would go as far as saying it won't be Fraser, Dobson and Camara which looked nailed on in mid August.
    Why would they have to do it confidentially though? Surely it’s not a secret that we’ve got lots of midfield options.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    I think you could be wrong here but time will tell. He will be our main set piece taker. I like Watson but didn’t rate his corner taking at all. 
    Funny how people can see games so differently. Thought Watson had one terrible corner, but the rest were really on the money and we should have scored from at least one.

As for Taylor, we've no doubt not seen his best yet, but I am sure there are bright things ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If everyone is fit then Dobson Camara and Fraser has to be the best three. Possibly the best three in the division. 
  • Options
    important to remember games are much longer now so we can effectively have 2 midfields per game which will shift depending on game state 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    I thought his corners were good, certainly better than we’ve seen for a long time.
  • Options
    He just didn’t look very comfortable, not denying the fact there were some good ones. What I mean is Taylor is the far more natural set piece taker. 
  • Options
    He's only just turned 22, he's still a very young player. I think what will happen realistically is if we don't get promoted he'll be taking over Dobson's role as the deepest midfielder next season. With that in mind I'd expect him to do a lot of adapting to the new club, a lot of sub appearances and some rotation in for Dobson here and there. Dobson really isn't great at positioning to be honest, he relies a lot on his incredible engine and desire to get around the pitch but he does get sucked into areas he doesn't need to and he never seems to play well when there's a player directly alongside him so I don't necessarily see a Dobson/Taylor double DM set up any time soon. We have a lot of midfielders, we don't have to put a lot of pressure on Taylor this season but we do have to make sure we use it to integrate him effectively.
  • Options
    Assume he was injured to come off before half time. Anything serious as to why he was taken off? Couldn’t find anything on here or in the match report
  • Options
    Assume he was injured to come off before half time. Anything serious as to why he was taken off? Couldn’t find anything on here or in the match report
    Took a knock and couldn’t get back up to speed. Had to be taken off with a limp.
  • Options
    And was pretty average before he went off anyway. 
  • Options
    And was pretty average before he went off anyway. 
    Moved the ball too slowly. Had been showing signs of improvement recently but it was not a great showing. 

Needs to stay fit as keeps getting interrupted with injuries, concussion and now more injury. Must be hard to get going and play consistently well