Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zach Mitchell joins Colchester on season loan

Comments

• Options
    Southbank said:
    God move for him, if he can get game time.

As a footballer, he's class. As a defender, he's not L1 standard, so hopefully that part of his game will improve.
    He is a similar player to Beilik so would make a good defensive mid.
    I've thought this on the few times I've seen him. He's always asking for the ball, moving it on and can keep possession really well. Maybe just needs to work on his positioning a little and to calm down a bit sometimes, but that comes with experience. This seems like a good move for him.
  • Options
    Disappointed that we couldn't compete with Colchester for this promising youngster. Its a sign of how poor etc etc.
  • Options
    As a fan, pleased he'll get a chance to play a lot of games and develop.

As his shirt sponsor, not happy at all.
    I'm sure the Colchester player of the season evening will be very enjoyable.
  • Options
    I really believe he will be back with us in January, especially if the rest of our defence does not get significantly better, serious talent who I was surprised we loaned out at all. 
  • Options
    Played the full game today for Colchester who won (2-0 Tranmere), BBC says he was part of a back three (3-1-4-2).
    Alongside Egbo!
  • Options
    Played the full game today for Colchester who won (2-0 Tranmere), BBC says he was part of a back three (3-1-4-2).
    Great stuff, Zach.

No Aaron Henry in the Crawley matchday squad....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wtf is that green screen 😂
  • Options
    Wow, great to know he's commanding the centre of a back 3.
  • Options
    He’s definitely one for the future. 
  • Options
    quality player
  • Options
    If Zach is a quality player he may be the next Cafc player from our academy to leave while still a teenager following on the heals of Mason Burstow.
    Deji hadn't as yet made the progress to be snapped up and Daniel Kanu will fairly soon as I noticed he is getting more confidence and I predict that Kanu will benefit from Appleton as a manager. 

I try not to get too attached to our young players and Miles Leaburn is definitely a potential Championship player but just have some reservations about his robustness with two injuries already. 
    He could take the Germany route to success at the end of the season.
  • Options
    If Zach is a quality player he may be the next Cafc player from our academy to leave while still a teenager following on the heals of Mason Burstow.
    Deji hadn't as yet made the progress to be snapped up and Daniel Kanu will fairly soon as I noticed he is getting more confidence and I predict that Kanu will benefit from Appleton as a manager. 

I try not to get too attached to our young players and Miles Leaburn is definitely a potential Championship player but just have some reservations about his robustness with two injuries already. 
    He could take the Germany route to success at the end of the season.
    Leaburn has had one injury and was then taken out by a welling player. I don't think the second  incident should be used to judge/comment on him as without the challenge, the injury wouldn't have happened
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The fact of life for strikers are you are going to get fouled and let's hope that Miles can be luckier than another striker we have.🤞
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Really not sure what Zach is learning from this move or what it's doing to his confidence. Losing 5-0 to the bottom side who had also lost their previous seven home games, Forest Green, that's 16 goals conceded in their lost five games. The run can't be very good for Garner either for that matter. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Garner is just too good for League Two and should be managing in the Premier League.  🤣🤣🤣.

Hopefully in Jan we bring Zach back and lend him out to a club with a sensible manager in charge.
  • Options
    I think Zach may have a different gaffer soon - I’m not sure Garner is too popular there
  • Options
    Colchester are 10 points behind Crawley, managed by his Swindon assistant Scott Lindsay, the one who didn't follow him to Charlton
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I think Zach may have a different gaffer soon - I’m not sure Garner is too popular there
    Is he popular anywhere? Prickly personality, thinks he’s Pep, and, 6 months at Swindon aside, has been a losing manager everywhere he goes. Nor a lot in that to endear him to fans. 
    He is Pep. Pound Shop Pep.
  • Options
    Zach's getting plenty of minutes at Colchester and has been ever present since he joined, but it's certainly a big learning curve playing for a struggling club under a different manager to the one who signed him. An own goal yesterday too.
  • Options
    Zach's getting plenty of minutes at Colchester and has been ever present since he joined, but it's certainly a big learning curve playing for a struggling club under a different manager to the one who signed him. An own goal yesterday too.
    In one sense that's actually a good thing inasmuch as he'd probably learn and develop more under pressure than he would if he were coasting and lead to believe he's already made it.

On the other hand that's a stressful situation for an 18 year old (well, for anyone really but especially a teenager) so I hope he's getting the right support.

It could be a make or break situation but I'd like to think that no-one would be overly blasé about how damaging the "break" option could be.
  • Options
    He has scored a couple of own goals recently.