Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Louie Watson signs on loan from Luton

Comments

• Options
    Ex-Langley Park School for Boys 
  • Options
    "Ball playing midfielder"? 

As opposed to what, a "man playing midfielder"?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Bods64 said:
    I remember another Luton loan by the name of Elliot Lee. He was playing quite well with loads of supporters demanding to “sign him up now”. He then seemingly “disappeared” after that. Hoping that Louie Watson will be an upgrade on Elliot
    scored a few for Wrexham lately
  • Options
    Welcome to the Valley Louie
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Doesn't that also sound a bit like Taylor?  Deep play maker.

Enter the Charlton Athletic triple pivot 

Taylor Dobson Watson
    Only one of these players is allowed to leave us in what remains of this window 

Nah keep Dobson for a half back role 

AMB
               Hector Jones 
                    Dobson
     Watson                   Edun
               Taylor Watson
            Chem           Fraser
                   Leaburn
    Taylor Watson double pivot keeping the ball ticking over, Fraser just ahead in a free role and chem Campbell getting close to Leaburn and pulling defenders wide.

Footballing poetry that Pep could only dream of.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Why another midfielder?
    Because we have three of them injured atm.
    Anderson should really go out on loan to learn his trade being thrown in the deep end is not a great idea , Scott Parker was loaned to Norwich in the same situation and it really worked for him .
  • Options
    No idea how good he'll be with away games, but I think he'll get results with homes. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    No idea how good he'll be with away games, but I think he'll get results with homes. 
    Get Me Coat GIF - Get Me Coat - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to all these new signings I desperately want them to work out but there is such a lack of experience in all of them I’m not convinced, guess we’ll see how good this recruitment policy is in a few months time but I’m pretty sceptical, and I’m sad to say that.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Luton-supporting friend of mine says he's highly rated and is surprised he didn't get a Championship loan
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Why another midfielder?
    Anderson should really go out on loan to learn his trade being thrown in the deep end is not a great idea , Scott Parker was loaned to Norwich in the same situation and it really worked for him .
    Anderson and Asiimwe have played plenty of minutes already this season. If anything what they need is a break from 1st team football, and a few weeks in the U21s to consolidate and recharge their batteries.
  • Options
    Luton-supporting friend of mine says he's highly rated and is surprised he didn't get a Championship loan
    Mine said exactly the same to be fair. Im
    from up this way and three separate season ticket holders for them have said good things!
  • Options
    Hope he isn't another Matt Smith, Levitt, Kilkenny or Matt Smith type midfield loan.

We might as well have just kept Albie otherwise.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Hope he isn't another Matt Smith, Levitt, Kilkenny or Matt Smith type midfield loan.

We might as well have just kept Albie otherwise.

Bizarrely we have tried to up grade on Albie Morgan for at least three seasons and at the last count we are up to about 14 midfielders and yet still we are waiting for a player to step forward to play with Dobson and Fraser. Surely perm one from Taylor, Watson, Camará who can step up ?

I won't hold my breath as they get up to speed or match fit.
  • Options
    He was good, although he's quite Scholes in the tackle, and yes, he did lose a bit of control of the game 2nd half, necessitating a substitution. Promising enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    First time I've seen him live. I thought he stood out in the first half, was everywhere, although he tired in the 2nd half...

Absolutely. He always wanted the ball, and worked well with dobbo. Looks a great prospect. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Solidgone said:
    Why another midfielder?
    Parker was also a couple of years further into his adult career than Anderson is.  Unders, pizza cup and cameos for Anderson should be the order of the day, for now.
  • Options
    If Dobson is suspended against Shrewsbury he will be needed in that must win match.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    If Dobson is suspended against Shrewsbury he will be needed in that must win match.
    Dobson isn't suspended for Shrewsbury, he is now 1 yellow card away from suspension though.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Dobson isn't suspended for Shrewsbury, he is now 1 yellow card away from suspension though.
    Thanks for that. I miscalculated.
  • Options
    Watson looked pretty good first half - hopefully does well this season.
  • Options
    thought he did ok. Showed promise and some nice touches, took a decent corner, but gave the ball away cheaply and gave away a number of needless free kicks.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Thanks for that. I miscalculated.
    Just check the Statbank !
  • Options
    Looked ok. Reminded me of someone like Dean Parrett when we signed him. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Wasnt overly inspired by the signing - But I've been really impressed so far

Upgrade on Jack Payne I feel, although we may not see his goal return like Jack, reckon he'll challenge Fraser better