Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Louie Watson signs on loan from Luton

Comments

• Options
    He is tidy and worked well with Dobbo. I don't think he is part of our best midfield but seeing as Fraser and Camera are injured, he stabilises things.
  • Options
    Show's how far we've dropped down the pecking order. Seems like yesterday I was watching Luton play Welling in the conference, now we're taking their bit part players.
  • Options
    Promising but don’t want to get too excited yet, it was only last season Kilkenny was called the new Cullen after his first game.

Going to be interesting to see what combination we go with in central midfield when Fraser, Camara and Taylor are back. With both Campbells playing in the 10 role we have a lot of options there. Could get to a point it’s hard for Anderson to make the bench.
  • Options
    did ok without being spectacular

I likened him during the game to Ben Reeves - a bit meh, don't think he gets near our starting XI if everyone is fit
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Promising but don’t want to get too excited yet, it was only last season Kilkenny was called the new Cullen after his first game.

Going to be interesting to see what combination we go with in central midfield when Fraser, Camara and Taylor are back. With both Campbells playing in the 10 role we have a lot of options there. Could get to a point it’s hard for Anderson to make the bench.
    Just what I was thinking. We've tried for so long to get the tidy passer in midfield and we've had a lot of false dawns. Kilkenny, Levitt, Matt Smith 2.0, Albie, no-one has ever stuck despite some of them showing flashes. Hopefully Watson is our guy as Dobson really needs a bit of calm and sensible play alongside him
  • Options

Yeah that’s how I saw it. 
  • Options
    Show's how far we've dropped down the pecking order. Seems like yesterday I was watching Luton play Welling in the conference, now we're taking their bit part players.
    He is the latest in a long line of Luton's cast offs.  Shinnie and Lee spring to mind.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He is the latest in a long line of Luton's cast offs.  Shinnie and Lee spring to mind.
    And isted 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    True but I do feel that’s a real disservice to what Luton have achieved. Very much a similar storyline to when we first made it up in 98. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I have spoken to at least three Luton fans about him and ’cast off’ is definitely not the phrase to use. They wish they had seen him play more and he is still only young. 
  • Options
    They were a top flight side for 10 years in the 1980s, winning the EFL Cup during that time (beating Arsenal in the final)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I know what you mean. 
    Taking cast-offs from a Premier league club.
    Who'd have thought it. 😉
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I have spoken to at least three Luton fans about him and ’cast off’ is definitely not the phrase to use. They wish they had seen him play more and he is still only young. 
    Cast off was probably the wrong word, "a long line of players we have signed that aren't good enough for Luton's first team" would probably have been better.

I do actually think this one not only has the potential to be a multi year loan but also a perm, if Luton use the Premier league money wisley.
  • Options

I likened him during the game to Ben Reeves - a bit meh, don't think he gets near our starting XI if everyone is fit
    I think he will be a much better signing than Ben Reeves
  • Options
    The truth of the matter is that many clubs admired and envied us when we were in the Premier League. We are no longer in the Premier League and not even in the Championship so some of the clubs that envied us, we now envy them!
  • Options
    Literally said this to a mate, we were also lined up to be one of there shit team pre season friendlies until there pitch delay issues. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cast off was probably the wrong word, "a long line of players we have signed that aren't good enough for Luton's first team" would probably have been better.

I do actually think this one not only has the potential to be a multi year loan but also a perm, if Luton use the Premier league money wisley.
    In the Championship next season, Watson might be given a chance by Luton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don't know, he will be 23 when next season starts, I think he will have to have a hell of a season to work his way into their plans for next season.  If they don't go straight back up it might be a different story.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who us or Luton in the championship next season? 🤣
  • Options

Glad I’m not the only one.
  • Options

Glad I’m not the only one.
    Same can't say I was actually too impressed either.

I admire so many other posters for being so into the game to notice things I didn't notice or how he tired later on but for me I only really remember him standing out giving the ball away needlessly at least twice and giving fouls away. But then again I only really notice things that stand out on the pitch these days such is the mediocrity usually on offer.

Now the other Watson impressed in the second half when he came on and glad he's the permanent one and not the loanee.
  • Options
    Looks a good " all rounder" , can get stuck in, has decent vision and passing. 

Hasn't got the fitness to last 90 yet, but a decent signing.
  • Options
    Available on a permanent in January? I hope so. Sign him up.
  • Options
    2 games I've seen him and he's stood out. More so against WW, but even tonight he was always wanting the ball. Him and dobbo work so well together. 
  • Options
    He's stepped up and not currently missing Fraser or Camara.